Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Byuu/Near's twitter worrying post
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:43 am 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Your last post sums up my exact sentiment on this issue perfectly as well, Wildbill. Though I've never spoken to Byuu/Near personally, I was rather harsh with some of my criticism of him in the past here. Like you, I also incorrectly believed that he always had this "macho alpha male" persona about him and everything that he did and said online. I know now how wrong I was and feel deeply ashamed and guilty about it. Had I known that he was struggling with depression and other mental health issues, I would've been a lot less harsh in my judgment of him. In my defense though, I was against the idea of RHDN banning him even though I didn't always agree with a lot of his opinions there in the past. I always felt that it was a bad move on RHDN's part to ban such well known and productive romhackers as Byuu/Near and MrRichard999.

If by some chance he is still alive and well, and decided to ask someone to post this news on Twitter as a way of getting away from everything, I wish him all the best. But if he did in fact meet his end, I would like to offer my condolences to his friends and family. Rest in peace Byuu/Near, you will be fondly remember by all in the romhacking/translation community and deeply missed. I hope that you're in a better place now.
Don’t feel ashamed, my friend. You were acting on reasonable perceptions. The military attitudes in me would like to order an A-team action against the perps, who in the words of his friends - “murdered” Byuu, and smite them from the face of the earth with extreme prejudice. The spiritual side of me reminds that “Vengeance is not mine”.