Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Post subject: Re: What games are you currently playing
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:11 am 
Site Admin

Finished up Ys Seven in about a week while waiting on Bongo` to get to some G.O.D. crashes/hangs. It was a fun little action RPG. Definitely felt like a Ys game through and through. Now, I've started up Wild Arms 3 on the PS4. Really enjoying it so far, but I think Bongo`'s almost done with the problem in G.O.D., so maybe WA3 will get shelved for a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:42 pm 
Site Admin

WA3 was loads of fun... Also just finished Firewatch. I was really enjoying the story until.. well... it just ended...

I'm going to be taking a little break from G.O.D. and will probably do some Minerva testing and play Abzu on PS4 next.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

I wish I could play games. I get sleepy while playing games...Just old.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

So do I buddy, so I tend to just play them for an hour or two at a time. The problem is getting motivated to play them at all these days, most of the time I just can't. I have so many games I've bought and haven't touched. A whole pile of PS3, a few 360 and even some PS4 games that I haven't touched. At least 20 of them if not a lot more. Heck, only game I have finished on PS4 so far is Uncharted 4.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:55 am 

Too many games. That's why I went for the Switch, and a Wii U last year, going for the "gimmick" consoles.
After I bought a PS3 a few years ago I realized I have a mountain of games for older "normal" consoles sitting around already. Getting the feeling a "mainstream" collection these days would not be for me.

Not to mention the retro Japanese stuff I've been playing more.

With the Wii U, crazy to think I'd be satisfied with having only 20-some games for a console.
Been thinking about the SNES Classic and how well obviously not perfect, it that had been my game collection as a kid, it would've been great. Though I did have 20 or so games them, like half of them could be considered the classics like SMW, Zelda and SimCity. The other half was like Bart's Nightmare and Death Valley Rally.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:35 pm 
Site Admin

I'm trying to check out some stuff that has been sitting on my shelf. I popped in Zillions of Enemy X (PS3 specifically) the other day and went through the tutorials. Seems like a promising card battle game so far.

I also checked out the MSX Metal Gear via Metal Gear Solid 3 on the Legacy Collection. The trial and error gameplay is super annoying. I may try to finish it if it's short, or use a walk through if it seems like it's worth experiencing but the gameplay is just too annoying.

Now I popped in Tomb Raider, whatever the new one is. I liked the last one so I hope I'll like this one as much.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:22 pm 
Site Admin

Rise of the Tomb Raider was definitely not as good as the Tomb Raider relaunch, but it was still a very good game. Definitely worth the play.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

I was rather enjoying my time with Rise of the Tomb Raider until I got to the forced choke point where you have to fight swarms of guys with automatic rifles using cover mechanics. I'd been having a fine time with my stealth combat, assuming naively that they'd removed the horrible "shooty" bits from the first game.

After restarting the battle around 4 times, and beginning to gnaw on my fists, I promptly closed the game, ejected the disc, uninstalled it from the PS4, and posted it to eBay. :P It was fun while it lasted I guess.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:15 am 

TWD: The New Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:36 pm 
Site Admin

I seriously need to play through those great TWD games by Telltale. I still can't believe I haven't touched them!

I'm playing Valkyria Chronicles 2 right. Loving it! Though so far the story isn't as good as the first game, I'm hoping it will pick up. Loads of great strategic combat, and I'm even playing it on easy!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next