Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Post subject: Re: What games are you currently playing
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:01 pm 

I seem to be getting heavily back into 'Final Fantasy 14' again.. paid for half of year subscription for pretty cheap so just spending a little time on there playing that day to day.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:26 am 

I have honestly stopped playing FF as there are so many beautiful games out there. I will give this game a shot to see if my love for it will return.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:15 am 

Currently playing Amid Evil right now. It's one of the most awesome first person shooters I've played in years.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:33 pm 

I remember posting somewhere that I could not remember the name of one game I had played in, like, 2004.

I had been searching forever for this one game, turns out it was Black Knight, which can be found on sites like newgrounds and miniclip and even downloaded. It was a lot more simple now, in 2018, than I remember it being as an often drunk UNI student working night shifts in the summer when I first discovered it back in, had to be around 2004.

I thought this forum has a "name that game" thread but maybe I am wrong.

Another game I am looking for is a simple (I think) DOS game. I played it in the late 90s but it had to be much older. The cd had all sorts of games with an awful color scheme. But an addicting game had an outfielder shagging fly balls. The more you progressed, the more balls on the screen at a time and the faster they fell. The animation on the fielder as he moved was super awkward and he could also dive as well. Anyone know what the game was?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:49 am 
Site Admin

Finished Tales of Berseria! Loads of fun and made me want to replay Zestiria (but I know better). The only real criticism I have of the game is that the battle system was too "button-mashy" and seemed overly easy.

Now playing Hellblade... Wow... What amazing graphics!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:31 am 
Site Admin

Zestiria battle system was a major disaster but the story was good to me. On the other hand, I can't even bring myself to continue Berseria because I don't like the first couple of hours of the game at all.

As for me, I wish I had time to play a game at all. I just bought the Crash Bandicoot remake and I probably won't touch it for a long while. I still have a couple games I bought last winter I haven't even stuck in the game system at all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

Dragon Quest XI on Switch. Most enjoyable. First modern RPG release I’ve played in probably 8 or 9 years. My wife gave me the console and game chip last Christmas.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

Well, I've been playing Legend of Heroes, Trails of Cold Steel, after about 1 1/2 to 2 years I'm at the very end of the second game almost at the top of the tower I assume before the final boss (I did not completely make it to said boss yet) LOL. Then again, I've been at that spot now for ohh 3-4 months and haven't gotten back to it. I just don't have enough time and even if I did, I just don't game as much as I used to. It took me 1 year to beat the first game. My backlong of games I have yet to play is getting pretty out of hand and I keep adding to it. I was going to play the new Akiba's Trip since I preordered it long before release, but I just haven't had the time lately. It'll go on the stack with all the others (a couple of which are so far back, they're PS2 games.)

That being said, I really do love the series so far. This is a hugely underappreciated series. Especially the PSP games. Then again, a lot of the series I really loved are niche series, like Shadow Hearts/Koudelka and Ar Tonelico for example.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:12 pm 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
Well, I've been playing Legend of Heroes, Trails of Cold Steel, after about 1 1/2 to 2 years I'm at the very end of the second game almost at the top of the tower I assume before the final boss (I did not completely make it to said boss yet) LOL. Then again, I've been at that spot now for ohh 3-4 months and haven't gotten back to it. I just don't have enough time and even if I did, I just don't game as much as I used to. It took me 1 year to beat the first game. My backlong of games I have yet to play is getting pretty out of hand and I keep adding to it. I was going to play the new Akiba's Trip since I preordered it long before release, but I just haven't had the time lately. It'll go on the stack with all the others (a couple of which are so far back, they're PS2 games.)

That being said, I really do love the series so far. This is a hugely underappreciated series. Especially the PSP games. Then again, a lot of the series I really loved are niche series, like Shadow Hearts/Koudelka for example.
Well, whittle that stack down some! Anyway it’s your fault I’m diverted from the Odysselyas for a while. You told me about DQ-XI about a year ago. At that time, I didn’t even know it was out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:35 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
taskforce wrote:

That being said, I really do love the series so far. This is a hugely underappreciated series. Especially the PSP games. Then again, a lot of the series I really loved are niche series, like Shadow Hearts/Koudelka for example.
Well, whittle that stack down some! Anyway it’s your fault I’m diverted from the Odysselyas for a while. You told me about DQ-XI about a year ago. At that time, I didn’t even know it was out.

Yeah, but I know that was your favorite series and not telling you would have been wrong :D haha

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next