Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Queen's Blade Spiral Chaos - SRT Style Tactical RPG for PSP
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:30 am 
Site Admin

Thought you guys might be interested in this game. :) Based on a series of RPG "battle books" featuring female warriors that's also been made into an anime TV series. It's now a PSP game by Banpresto that seems to closely resemble Super Robot Taisen, only with anime babes instead of robots. I just got it in the mail a couple days ago and spent a lot of yesterday familiarizing myself with it. I just posted some video tutorials on Youtube. Not the most interesting introduction to the game but if you'd like some details on how to play I hope they adequately prepare you to deal with the Japanese menus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEV9A0Z92EQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsF9CO2Sqhw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60EW4xIoOAo

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

Post subject: Re: Queen's Blade Spiral Chaos - SRT Style Tactical RPG for PSP
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:22 am 
Yeah, I just recently heard about this game. This looks like it's a pretty cool game.

Strangely enougth, the last anime I saw last year was the first season of Queen's Blade. And I'm almost ready to watch the second season.

I see you're using Leina and Tomoe. But the other two I don't know, Jean and Cute.
Is this pink blob Melona ?

Last edited by Lalakoboldslayer on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:03 pm 
Site Admin

Lalakoboldslayer wrote:
Yeah, I just recently heard about ths game. This looks like it's a pretty cool game.

Strangely enougth, the last anime I saw last year was the first season of Queen's Blade. And I'm almost ready to watch the second season.

I see you're using Leina and Tomoe. But the other two I don't know, Jean and Cute.
Is this pink blob Melona ?

I really enjoyed the first season of Queen's Blade. Boobs don't hurt the show but in addition to that it's deliberate pacing, episodic formula, and character driven story works strangely well. I'm also excited to see the second season but I've only managed to be able to watch the first 4 episodes so far.

As for the characters the pink blob is not Melona, it's just a regular Gel. You begin the game with two game specific characters (Jean and Cute). Reina and Tomoe you meet right at the beginning of the game. It seems the game is a branching story and the characters you meet and recruit depend on how you progress on the branches. As far as I know the following characters are available to play (others like Risty and Melona show up as NPCs); Elina, Claudette (the two girls from Vance aside from Reina), Nanael (angel), Airi (scary maid), Cattleya (weapon smith), Ymir (dwarf), Melpha (priestess from season 2), and Irma (Echidna's apprentice from season 2).

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:44 pm 
Finished watching Queen's Blade, second season. It's way better than the first season.