Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Romancing Saga
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:57 am 

Or shall merge them?

Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:59 pm 

ObiKKa wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Gamerhenky wrote:

not really, THIS one is asking for a guide that's not any on the gamefaqs site, the OTHER one is asking if anyone has beat the
game. LOL!

I've got a grand idea for umegamer! Edit this topic heading to "Romancing Saga - Any guide available?" and the other thread's heading to "Romancing Saga - Anyone beaten this SFC game?"

Simple, huh?

LMFAO! that's made my day.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:20 am 
Site Admin

Hmmpf! This was a fun thread before someone went and merged it with another ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

Since when was fun a part of the... oh wait, game translations, games, playing games, having fun playing games, never mind then, as you were...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:26 pm 

I don't know where else to post but best put it in here. I just learnt from a new thread at RHDN where someone had discovered of an impending release of the official English-language version of Romancing SaGa 2 on the PC's digital distribution platforms (Steam, Windows 10) and main consoles (PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch)! The modestly updated visuals (Similar to the iOS/Android release which some of you have played) look very nice. I'm sure this release will put Gideon's fan-translation release off the radar for another 2 years. But this is grand news for all of us - we'll be happy when we play this on a more proper platform with extra conveniences.

Quote:
The re-release also has a variety of additional features, including a new quest, new dungeon, new classes and a New Game+ option. The PS4 and PS Vita will support cross-saving. Romancing SaGa 2 launches December 15 on PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Steam and Windows 10.

Quote:
Steam trading cards, achievements, and cloud saves are supported, and "partial controller support" is in there too.

Quote:
Rather than just being emulated or a quick port, this looks more like a complete remake of the game, with major graphical upgrades across most elements, with more animation in combat and much more detailed backdrops, all while retaining the original sprite-art, chunky pixels and all. It’s a world apart from the better-known yet notoriously rubbish Final Fantasy 6 port released back in 2015, which took the iconic sprites and put them through an upscale-filter blender.

On top of the visual improvements, there’s a sizable chunk of new content, expanding the already lengthy RPG with four new dungeons and a gardens area in your home city, which will visibly grow and flourish as your empire’s strength increases.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSVjkKXNW0U

Several news writers have also suggested we check out Square Enix's official game page, what with the hilarious auto-scrolling of a character going through the worlds as you pan across the page. Ingenious invention! I think SylarDean will want to add a review of this edition to the PC Zone page of his website.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:55 pm 

:) i thought I had this remake on the list but evidently I didnt, i knew bout this remake about 4 months ago but at the time wasnt sure if it was coming to STEAM/PC or not.
So thanks for the heads up Obikka.

Interestingly.. i'm NOT sure if anyone knows this here or not but .. Romancing Saga 3 remake has been announced also :) here's the twitter announcement.
https://twitter.com/SaGa25kawazu/status ... 0731204613

About time they've started to re-release these classics.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.