Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for a certain 3D Jrpg game
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:37 pm 

As the title says.. all I can remember of it was the game was full 3D RPg and it was turn-based for the battles. One of the characters had an afro hair style, I'm pretty sure it was an indie game cos it took the mick out of loads of stuff, and you fought a weird messed up Pikachu in it, liek if it was zombified or something. Anyone know what game it could be? iv'e been looking around on google for hours now and STILL can't find it.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

Post subject: Re: Looking for a certain 3D Jrpg game
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:36 pm 

SylarDean wrote:
As the title says.. all I can remember of it was the game was full 3D RPg and it was turn-based for the battles. One of the characters had an afro hair style, I'm pretty sure it was an indie game cos it took the mick out of loads of stuff, and you fought a weird messed up Pikachu in it, liek if it was zombified or something. Anyone know what game it could be? iv'e been looking around on google for hours now and STILL can't find it.

Since you've said it was 3D instead of 2D I have had to deduce out several games from Zeboyd Games such as On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness episodes 3 + 4 & several others. Ditto also to 'Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden', a freeware sequel to a Genesis/SNES game. Video example. Wait a minute, is this yet another freeware sequel still in the making since ending its funding campaign at the end of 2012!?!
So could it be either of the first two episodes of 'On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness' licensed by Penny Arcade?

Oh wait! 'Pier Solar', first designed for the Genesis and then ported with a HD makeover to the modern computing & gaming systems? Have a look at that screenshot in the link back there. It features one character that seems to have the afro hair thing. But it's 2D...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:48 pm 

ObiKKa wrote:
SylarDean wrote:

Since you've said it was 3D instead of 2D I have had to deduce out several games from Zeboyd Games such as On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness episodes 3 + 4 & several others. Ditto also to 'Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden', a freeware sequel to a Genesis/SNES game. Video example. Wait a minute, is this yet another freeware sequel still in the making since ending its funding campaign at the end of 2012!?!
So could it be either of the first two episodes of 'On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness' licensed by Penny Arcade?

Oh wait! 'Pier Solar', first designed for the Genesis and then ported with a HD makeover to the modern computing & gaming systems? Have a look at that screenshot in the link back there. It features one character that seems to have the afro hair thing. But it's 2D...

Penny arcade on a precipice of darkness is NOT the one. Pier Solar is 2D AND you dont fight pikachu in it. whoever made that Barkley shut up and jam should be sued for copyright.. what EVER possessed that person to create such a game? It's NONE of those you mentioned.. I THINK this game was probably released about 5/7 years ago maybe.. ???? I also remember the title of the game being utterly pathetic.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:37 am 

SylarDean wrote:
Penny arcade on a precipice of darkness is NOT the one. Pier Solar is 2D AND you dont fight pikachu in it. whoever made that Barkley shut up and jam should be sued for copyright.. what EVER possessed that person to create such a game? It's NONE of those you mentioned.. I THINK this game was probably released about 5/7 years ago maybe.. ???? I also remember the title of the game being utterly pathetic.

Maybe it's Chantelise: A Tale of Two Sisters that was first released in Japan in 2006 and localized by Carpe Fulgur in 2011? I can't remember many Japanese made indie JRPGs on the PC before and after then. I have played it but gave up due to the awful camera and movement controls! Though it did have some big boss monsters to battle. Not sure if it'd have a souped up Pikachu enemy, although it does have a number of small bizarre creatures with funny shapes. Be sure to check the HG 101 link in that Wiki page above.

Or it could be Carpe Fulgur's another localization called Recettear?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:46 am 

ObiKKa wrote:
SylarDean wrote:

Maybe it's Chantelise: A Tale of Two Sisters that was first released in Japan in 2006 and localized by Carpe Fulgur in 2011? I can't remember many Japanese made indie JRPGs on the PC before and after then. I have played it but gave up due to the awful camera and movement controls! Though it did have some big boss monsters to battle. Not sure if it'd have a souped up Pikachu enemy, although it does have a number of small bizarre creatures with funny shapes. Be sure to check the HG 101 link in that Wiki page above.

Or it could be Carpe Fulgur's another localization called Recettear?

LMAO! a few days of hunting and I finally found it... http://www.indiedb.com/games/markleung Mark Leung - Revenge Of The @#$%&! ima D/L this NOW! lol..

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:47 pm 

LOL! Oh man. I'd completely forgotten about this title. And, yes, one of the in-game gang's characters do look like an aping of the Samurai Champloo anime guy! Hehe. Is it any good? This review from a trusted RPG 'fan-site', so it seems legit. But I think the battle scenes do look cool in a parody way.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:44 pm 

ObiKKa wrote:
LOL! Oh man. I'd completely forgotten about this title. And, yes, one of the in-game gang's characters do look like an aping of the Samurai Champloo anime guy! Hehe. Is it any good? This review from a trusted RPG 'fan-site', so it seems legit. But I think the battle scenes do look cool in a parody way.

The game's hysterical, it has live action cut scenes through it whilst you play.. that are just OMG! it's 80's parody taking the mick out of asian tv acting back in the day. The language is like SHOCKING! the side quests are funny as hell. the graphics look a little dated outside of battles now but the game and story are just TOO GREAT to worry about that. Watch this youtube playthrough from about 7mins onward.. the live action videos throughout the game crack me up... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez2rFiDyepI Watch the cutscene at around 12:30 mins in also.. had me crying with laughter.

Spoiler! :