Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Wizardry 4 (Snes) Eng Translation Released!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:07 am 

Guys, Wizardry Gaiden 4 on the Snes has been english translated and the patch is now released, great effort by the translators, 3 years project.

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2061/

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

Last edited by SylarDean on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Wizardry 4 (Snes) Eng Translation Released!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome news! Congrats to all involved!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:03 am 

Haha. Yes, I came across the romhacking site to check on something else and saw this exciting flash news too! You must be excited yourself, SylarDean, with this having come out of nowhere, courtesy of MrRichard99999999999999999! I already saw the title on your frontpage!
Not to forget, though, there were plenty of members on a very big team - some of them very famous, including D.D.S. (He came back big! Nice!), DackR (!), EsperKnight (Finally, something from this PSX hacker!) and Eien Ni Hen.

Lovely menu work and nearly perfect VWF, though some of the wordings are a bit truncated, probably due to lack of free memory. But I think nobody may care as it's a Wizardry game!
So now the first three & sixth Wizardry games and fourth Wizardry Gaiden game (Wizardry 4 wasn't on the SFC. Though this guy hates this one. Also HG101 says was worst seller in the franchise.) on the SFC have been fan-translated by various groups, I was looking at Wizardry V when I realised that Capcom had already ported it to the North American SNES in 1994 (After English PC release in 1988 & Japanese SFC release in 1990)! Wizardry 7 & 8 weren't ported to the SFC in Japan anyway (Both were released much later after SNES died in the West & #8 used a brand new 3D engine as you know).
This massive HG101 feature (updated October 13, 2014) is a must read & see!

P.S. The fourth Wizardry game in the New Age of Llylgamyn's vastly remastered package for the PSX (has both Wiz 4 & 5), as this video's description so aptly put it, fortunately has an option to play it in English! But it lacks the descriptive text being in English.

* EDIT July 8, 2016: A news announcement for this patch by Nintendolife.

Last edited by ObiKKa on Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:16 pm 

ObiKKa wrote:
Haha. Yes, I came across the romhacking site to check on something else and saw this exciting flash news too! You must be excited yourself, SylarDean, with this having come out of nowhere, courtesy of MrRichard99999999999999999! I already saw the title on your frontpage!
Not to forget, though, there were plenty of members on a very big team - some of them very famous, including D.D.S. (He came back big! Nice!), DackR (!), EsperKnight (Finally, something from this PSX hacker!) and Eien Ni Hen.

Lovely menu work and nearly perfect VWF, though some of the wordings are a bit truncated, probably due to lack of free memory. But I think nobody may care as it's a Wizardry game!
So now the first three & sixth Wizardry games and fourth Wizardry Gaiden game (Wizardry 4 wasn't on the SFC. Though this guy hates this one. Also HG101 says was worst seller in the franchise.) on the SFC have been fan-translated by various groups, I was looking at Wizardry V when I realised that Capcom had already ported it to the North American SNES in 1994 (After English PC release in 1988 & Japanese SFC release in 1990)! Wizardry 7 & 8 weren't ported to the SFC in Japan anyway (Both were released much later after SNES died in the West & #8 used a brand new 3D engine as you know).
This massive HG101 feature (updated October 13, 2014) is a must read & see!

P.S. The fourth Wizardry game in the New Age of Llylgamyn's vastly remastered package for the PSX (has both Wiz 4 & 5), as this video's description so aptly put it, fortunately has an option to play it in English! But it lacks the descriptive text being in English.

I read a LOT of people hate this one cos its mechanics changed, like control of monsters etc.. that was apparently introduced in this one. To me though iv'e never really been a fan of dungeon crawler type games, even the shin megami games don't appeal to me that much either tho they have a massive cult following. AS it's a sort of RPG I added it to the website any hows, with the relevant links, can't believe 6 months into this year and this is the only new rpg type of game I have added onto my website, i'm SURE though by the end of the year this will triple even quadruple with all the projects D-D are nearing the end of.. not to mention other projects by other people.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:22 am 

Sorry for necropost. Wizardry Gaiden IV translation patch is already in final version.

Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:25 pm 

Gamerhenky wrote:
Sorry for necropost. Wizardry Gaiden IV translation patch is already in final version.

Aren't you the one that posted up the first review of that game at RHDN? I noticed that the game was updated twice just before and after your review was accepted. So thanks for reminding us.
And, mate, don't worry about necro-posting here (I hate that word!). We prefer to 'reuse' threads here instead of creating sprawling mazes of threads! But I'm not a modder so...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:48 pm 

ObiKKa wrote:
Aren't you the one that posted up the first review of that game at RHDN? I noticed that the game was updated twice just before and after your review was accepted. So thanks for reminding us.
And, mate, don't worry about necro-posting here (I hate that word!). We prefer to 'reuse' threads here instead of creating sprawling mazes of threads! But I'm not a modder so...

The patch was updated again because race description for Gnome and Hobbit are reverse. The review was rejected in beta patch (MrRichard999 Orders) and finally was approved because why the final patch will come.

Subject wrote:
Wizardry 4 (Snes) Eng Translation Released!

This is not Return of Werdna!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:07 pm 

Subject wrote:
Wizardry 4 (Snes) Eng Translation Released!

This is not Return of Werdna![/quote]

What? YES! I had noticed I miss typed the title of this thread, I DID intend to put Gaiden in there but was so excited for the release I actually forgot :/
BUT it IS marked as Wizardry Gaiden 4 on the lower post. I HAD in fact titled it correct on 'Snes RPG Gaming' home page, lol.

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:22 am 

Umm. The final patch has been released and your website need to be cleaned up entirely. Any reviews or give some walkthrough or something?

Grab: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2061/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:24 pm 

Gamerhenky wrote:
Umm. The final patch has been released and your website need to be cleaned up entirely. Any reviews or give some walkthrough or something?

Grab: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2061/

What do you mean the website needs to be cleaned up? what's wrong with it? or are YOU just referring to the Wizardry Gaiden 4 page itself?. The link to the games patch
is a link to the RHDN WG4 page itself, so when a new patch is released people will get to the new patch page from clicking the button on my site any hows. As far as a
review goes for the game.. I WILL wait until someone else has reviewed it then message them and ask if I can use their review on my site for WG4's page, cos the thing is..
i'm NOT a fan of dungeon crawling games, (such as the wizardry and shin megami series), and don't give any of the games a play through.

I really don't know why i'm explaining myself to you cos I just realised who you are, YOUR the guy that posted on the WG4's page at RHDN saying that you had found bugs
but couldn't find the time to report them and I made a comment about it, "though you found the time to post on the page itself to say you had found bugs". SO! i'm done here.

Spoiler! :