Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post subject: Re: Recommend an RPG for me please (any rpgs I am missing)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:55 pm 

ultpaladin wrote:
I ordered the Wizard's edition so I think I have to wait a few more days to get it.

This. My copy hasn't even shipped yet. I'm starting to get annoyed.

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:37 am 
Site Admin

I'll probably put in an order next week. ;)

And just to change gears (pun intended) a little, did anyone catch the new "Xeno" teaser? Will definitely get a Wii U if this game gets released in the U.S.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/01/23/ ... omb-on-us/

Last edited by Draken on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:43 am 

It is coming for the U.S. I believe. It was in the North American presentation so that would seem to confirm it. Its finally a Wii U game I'm really excited for. I'll still probably wait for a price drop and some more games before I get it though.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:42 am 
Site Admin

Ordered Ni No Kuni the other day, but I was also reading recently how some of the wizard editions were "over-sold". Are those of you who ordered the special edition still getting it (or has it already arrived)?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:23 am 

I have a shipping confirmation on mine saying it will be there by the 29th. It looks like the Wizard Editions are going for a pretty good price on ebay, someone on another forum said one went for over $500.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:23 am 

I'm tracking my shipment hourly; it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it won't be impacted by adverse weather.

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:51 pm 
Site Admin

Lucky devils! I ordered my "regular" copy of the game last Friday, and it still hasn't shipped yet due to low supplies (/going out of stock despite the site saying it was in-stock when I bought it. *sigh*). They tell me it probably won't ship until at least Feb. 1 when more copies are due to arrive.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:40 pm 

Well I got the strategy guide for the game, but not the game yet. UPS came by, but they need a signature. The strategy guide to my surprise comes with some DLC, a Gold Hurly Familiar.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:41 pm 

DoubleDvideogames wrote:

#5. Played and did not like
Saga Frontier 3/Romancing saga 3 (more because it lacks a solid polished translation) Persona 2 EP, Shin Megma Tensi 2 (which is odd because I loved Persona Revelations), Bahumut Lagoon, Der Langisser, Dark Half (simply because it lacks a complete translation), Magna Braban, Dragon View, Ys4, Front Mission (snes), Brave Fencer Mushasi (got alll the way to the end and could not get passed that dang dancing part, ugh), Alchest, Kings Field 2, Lagoon, Lord of the rings, Shadowrun (for some reason, but this was years ago), Tecmo secret of the stars, Twisted tales of spike mcfang, Legend of Dragoon, Vagrant story

How things change in just two years! I actually retried Dragon View and LOVED IT! Ys4 was also amazing, once you get past the intial shock of how the battle system works. Magna Braban was bearable enough to the extent that I did finally dedicate enough time to beat and had its quirks for sure, above average game. Just yesterday, I beat Front Mission, and it took me just a weeks time. This game has a steep learning curve for a game of its time, but it is good (upgrading is a chore after a few times). I ABSOLUTELY loved Shadowrun, once you sit down and take the time to actually "get" the game. Alchest was above average, even good. Lagoon was "meh", but decent enough to make an effort to beat, which I did. Tecmo secret of the stars......Is really.....Not. that bad. Actually. I kept saying that throughout my playthrough. it is not that bad of a game, but ran into an odd gamebreaking glitch at the end. But did find a way to beat it.

So the new list is much shorter, just: Saga Frontier 3, Persona 2 EP, Shin Megma Tensi 2, Bahumut Lagoon, Der Langisser, Dark Half Brave Fencer Mushasi, Kings Field 2, Lord of the rings, Twisted tales of spike mcfang, Legend of Dragoon, Vagrant story

DoubleDvideogames wrote:
#6 Never played and not interested
Drakken, Eye of the beholder, Wizardy, Might and Magic 2 and 3, Arcana, Brandish, Inindo, The journey home, Obitus, Ultima, Ys3, (call me crazy but..) Tactic orge, Azure dreams, chocobos dungeon Jade cocoon, Guardians crusade, Shadow tower

Again, how things change in two years. While many of those game are still on my list of not interested: Arcana was actually tons of fun, I think it had the automapping going for it (Although I also found shining in the darkness to be tons of fun too). The journey home was short and sweet, above average, glad I tried. Ys3 was "meh" and Ys1, 2 and 4 are all superior, but still glad I beat it (last boss is TOUGH).

DoubleDvideogames wrote:
Waiting translation and are very obvious choices once complete (maybe this gives you an idea of what attracts me prior to actual gameplay):
Chaos seed, Energy breaker, Far east of eden, Aretha 2, Silva Saga 2, Traverse Starlight & Prairie, Elfaria 2, Herakles no Eikou 4, (to a lesser extent) Arabian Nights

Energy breaker - AMAZING, a tiny bit tedious towards end, but overall, a classic! Silva saga 2 = THANKS Dynamic designs, a solid, fun game. Arabian Nights - short and sweet but very good game!

I've also gotten into a bunch of genesis rpgs after being 100% against that system in regards to rpgs. So in the past few months (since late October 2012) have played and beat: Landstalker, Crusader of Centy, King Colosus, Phantasy Star 2, Phantasy Star 3, Phantasy Star 4, Braver battle saga, Sorcerers kingdom, Shining force 1, shining force 2, Traysia, sword of vermilion, shining in the darkness and exile and even a sega cd game, Vay, which was subpar. But now, I can say, the genesis had a few classics (PS4, SF 1 and 2, LStalker) and a few under rated gems (Sword of vermilion).

Well, list of possible snes/genesis/psx games is dwindling. Think beyond the beyond is next. Then Kartia perhaps. Then hopefully something is translated, lol.

Always fun to talk rpgs, tell me what you think of some of these games, or other snes/genesis/psx games!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:29 pm 

Interesting thread.
So much that I felt compelled to register and post and revive the thread. :)
Seems like we have somewhat similar taste in games.
Just out of curiosity, do you aim for speed (beat the final boss as soon as possible) or completeness (find every treasure/character/secret) when playing RPGs?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next