Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post subject: Re: Your top 10 RPGs
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:25 pm 
Site Admin

*Bops Wildbill*

You forgot Shadow Hearts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:58 pm 

Wildbill,

You need to play scenarios 2 and 3 for Shining Force 3, apparently 2 is pretty much completely translated and scenario 3 is about 2/3 done and has items and menus translated. The premium disk is also finished if you want to try some really difficult battles or create specialized save files where you can name all the characters and give you certain items.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:03 am 

True, but honestly I prefer to wait until the official release from Shining Force Central to take it on seriously, even if Scenario 2 is basically done, its certainly begging for polishing, as will Scenario 3.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:44 am 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
True, but honestly I prefer to wait until the official release from Shining Force Central to take it on seriously, even if Scenario 2 is basically done, its certainly begging for polishing, as will Scenario 3.

Ya see...? Ya see...? We've created a perfectionist monster here!! (Heh, the pot calls the kettle black!) Hey RS, I was gonna look at your Feda upgrade tonight. Instead, I'm translating Slayers menus.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:44 am 

Ah take your time WB, I know you have to juggle a lot of things right now, don't worry, what's important is, a lot of good things are underway for D-D and the community grows fonder of us by the minute; we sail under good winds for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:39 am 

I know this is a lot more then 10, but when it comes to top RPGs in my opinion, I just can’t seem to put one over the other so here they are in full and no particular order. I have beaten all these games unless otherwise stated.

Baldur's Gate (played on many platforms and different versions of game)
D&D: Warriors of the Eternal Sun
Star Ocean 2 & 3
Illusion of Gaia
ALL Final Fantasy games (except for the mmo I never played) [also played and beaten the ones that didn't commerically reach American shores]
Breath of Fire 3 (I did not beat the game but I did get far and have fond memories of playing)
Xenogears
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Secret of Mana
Seiken Densetsu III (I did not beat this game, though I was near the end when I quit playing)
Zelda 2,3, GB Links Awakening, N64 Orcina of Time, GC Twilight Princess…(oh hell, I liked them all)
7th Saga
Mystic Ark (still playing) :mrgreen:
World of Warcraft (but I finally got away from that game so it's kind of love/hate) [open end game]
Lunar 1&2
Alundra (I think there was a sequel but I never got to play it)
Terranigma (I didn’t beat this game but still have fond memories of it)
Parasite Eve 1 & 2
Phantasy Star IV (I got to the end and didn’t beat this game, I was very young maybe I got a new game I don’t remember why I didn’t beat this game)
Wild Arms (always wanted Wild Arms 2 and never got it)
Dungeon Fighter Online (DFO)…it’s RPGish. Think action RPG I guess…[open end game]

There are few other RPGs that I can’t seem to recall at the moment. On a cool note, I pretty much copied and pasted all the games you all listed except for D&D:WOTES and DFO. It appears that I like a lot of the same games that a lot of you like…great minds think alike indeed. :mrgreen”
Also, there are a few games already posted that, while growing up, I always wanted to play but never got to.

*edit in Final Fantasy brackets*

Last edited by Jer on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:47 am 
Site Admin

Alundra II was just awful. It was a dismal game that should have been burned instead of released.
Wild Arms II while not as bad as Alundra II again didn't come close to living up to the original.
Wild Arms III was much better than II but still no Wild Arms I. Female lead was a nice touch.
Wild Arms IV (We won't discuss this debacle of a game, it is a toss up if this or Alundra II is worse)
Wild Arms V (Not as good as III but better than II)
Wild Arms After Code F (Update of the original but sadly not as good as the original, it would be really nice if people were going to update a game, if they'd make it BETTER than the original, sadly 90% the time, this isn't the case)

In fact, the only thing I can think of that was a good update of a game was Final Fantasy III and IV for DS. Lunar for Playstation had great new movies but the gameplay was ruined. Sega CD was lots more fun to play. Well there are more examples but you get the idea.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:58 am 

taskforce wrote:
Alundra II was just awful. It was a dismal game that should have been burned instead of released.
Wild Arms II while not as bad as Alundra II again didn't come close to living up to the original.
Wild Arms III was much better than II but still no Wild Arms I. Female lead was a nice touch.
Wild Arms IV (We won't discuss this debacle of a game, it is a toss up if this or Alundra II is worse)
Wild Arms V (Not as good as III but better than II)
Wild Arms After Code F (Update of the original but sadly not as good as the original, it would be really nice if people were going to update a game, if they'd make it BETTER than the original, sadly 90% the time, this isn't the case)

Wow, I always wanted to play the second because the first was such a great game for me, now I learn that there were six inceptions! Curiosity would normally compel me to procure other Wild Arms games but I will trust in your opinion, taskforce. The prospect of taking on 5 other games is steep. Though I will put then on the very bottem of my last do list (as far as games go).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:14 am 

I've finished the first 2 Wild Arms games, the first is definitely the best while the second is ok. The first had a better atmosphere and a better musical score. I will probably play Wild Arms 5 someday but it will probably be a while. I have several Xbox 360 games I want to play through first.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:07 am 

I personally prefered 3 over the first two, to be honest. I felt more involved in it, and I thought Virginia was a great protagonist.

I have yet to try WA4 and 5, both have been sitting on my shelf for a while now, lack of time D:

You guys also need to play more WRPGs, I think. There's some great stuff to be played there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next