Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Some Super Mario Comics
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:05 am 
Site Admin

I just wanted to share with you all five Super Mario parody comics that I made together with my sister. Well actually, she did all of the artwork herself. I was the one that came up with most of the ideas for these comics on the other hand. Anyway, you can download them all here as a .zip file or view them in this video on her YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi-DyC6W2rs

The reason I uploaded these here was because the quality of the images in that video are a bit blurry, probably because of how the video was encoded or compressed. You can also see a video of the current promotional artwork that she made for some of our translation projects here as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClWR2DWJ1Cs

It's actually a pretty funny story how we came up with the idea for these comics. A few years ago, when we last played Mario Tennis for the N64, we were playing doubles matches against the CPU. One of the pairings that we easily beat was against Mario and Yoshi. In that particular match, the AI played awfully as Yoshi and missed almost every ball that came his way. A few days later, we played another match, this time against Luigi and Yoshi, in which he pretty much dominated the whole game himself and won with almost every shot. So that's how we came up with the idea for that particular comic.

As for the other four, we pretty much came up with those while playing through some of the various Mario Kart games. I remember playing as Shy Guy at one point in both the Kart and Tennis games. During these times, he always made those strange noises that he makes whenever I was up against Peach or Daisy, which is what inspired the idea behind the other tennis comic as well. And if anyone is curious which characters we usually play as, I alternate between playing as Shy Guy, Yoshi and sometimes Bowser. Whereas, my sister prefers to play as Toad, Boo, Peach, Daisy or Rosalina.
Attachment:
Mario Comics.zip [7.64 MiB]
Downloaded 501 times

Edit: I also forgot to mention that these comics are read from right to left and from top to bottom like most typical Japanese manga.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)