Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: RHDN's new credit system
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:50 am 
Site Admin

This isn't actually "new", it was introduced early this year, but I thought about creating a topic for it since no one here has actually mentioned it yet. Basically it's a credit list of all members involved in a project and what they did like the lists here at D-D. I've created a credit list for my Chrono Trigger (Ro) translation and have just submitted one for Burning Heroes (same list as the D-D one here).

I've noticed that non of our projects currently have a credit list. And I think that it would be a good idea to add them. Since the credits for all the translation projects are already listed here, it shouldn't be too hard to add them at RHDN as well. I wouldn't mind adding them all myself, but if anyone wants else wants to help with an account there (Draken, Bongo`?), then it would move along much faster. Though remember to check the pending list for submissions before adding the credits list to a project. That way, we won't waste our time editing the same translation.

Edit: I also took care of the credit lists for Feda, Villgust and Phantasy Star Gaiden. I'm unsure of the other translations so I won't be dealing with them now. There's a number of things that don't appear in RHDN's credits list such as "coordinator" and "assembly", so I don't know what to list those as. I thinks it's better if someone else here who has actually worked on some of those projects, edit the credits at RHDN for the remaining translations.

I could take care of those latter if needed, but I doubt that it's actually that important at the moment. I mean, those credits are listed in greater detail here at D-D as well as in the readme files. It would probably be better if I got back to work on my translations, it's been over three months since I last did any work on any of them. Everyone seems to have been very busy this year, hopefully we'll have more free time to kick it back into high gear next year.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Last edited by Recca on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: RHDN's new credit system
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:56 am 
Site Admin

*yawn* *smack *smack*
Yeah, I remember when that went live... I guess I need to get motivated to do something about it.. Sadly, it won't be today, though, as I have way too much to do :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:39 pm 
Site Admin

I just finished adding the credit lists for the last three D-D projects which didn't have one at RHDN (Destiny of an Emperor II, Silva Saga-II and Slayers). They are now all completely listed there. I've noticed that the Technos Samurai Downtown Special translation isn't listed at RHDN though:

http://www.romhacking.net/community/1193/

Draken, perhaps you would like to add this translation at RHDN along with the credits. I would do it myself, but that new ROM/ISO field that they now have is annoying. It's kind of hard to find out that information. If it wasn't for a thread here at D-D, I never would have been able to submit my Silva Saga-II translation there. By the way, I also added the ROM info for the English project there as well.

Edit: I just finished adding the Chaos Seed credit list as well. Well done on that project by the way!

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Last edited by Recca on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:23 pm 

Thanks for tackling this, Recca!
It can be time consuming to skim through past projects and list the credits correctly
(some of the older projects D-D now maintains even had those oldschool .nfo readmes).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:42 am 
Site Admin

@Recca: Yeah, I know I've been lax on updating our pages over there :( I need to find some time to tackle that huge mess. Thanks for taking the initiative, though, and getting the ball rolling!