Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ahh, the wonders of life...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:18 am 
Site Admin

It seems to be a little "dry" around here lately. :( I know, I know.. Real life can suck. Especially when you are working full time, and taking three classes in one semester to top it off. To make matters worse, I will probably be taking four classes in the fall. I promise you, I have not forgotten how to romhack, and I am still very much involved. To all the fans, keep up the faith. We are still kicking. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Ahh, the wonders of life...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:16 am 
Site Admin

Been deader than dirt in here! I still stop by each day, but yeah, it's been super quiet.

Since Bongo` told me a few months ago that he was back in class, I pretty much completely stopped working on G.O.D. I guess I used his absence as an excuse to turn my focus towards other pursuits (been watching lots of TV and playing a few games). When testing, I always worry about having too many bugs pile up, so I felt it best to wait until he was going to be more active. Honestly, though, there is still a lot of work that I can do without him on G.O.D., so I probably should stop dragging my feet and get back in the groove of making a little time each day.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:55 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Been deader than dirt in here! I still stop by each day, but yeah, it's been super quiet.

Since Bongo` told me a few months ago that he was back in class, I pretty much completely stopped working on G.O.D. I guess I used his absence as an excuse to turn my focus towards other pursuits (been watching lots of TV and playing a few games). When testing, I always worry about having too many bugs pile up, so I felt it best to wait until he was going to be more active. Honestly, though, there is still a lot of work that I can do without him on G.O.D., so I probably should stop dragging my feet and get back in the groove of making a little time each day.

At your own pace, young man. :) Don't worry about bugs piling up, it'll be fine. I will find a second or two to work my way around them. if they are bugs the are show stoppers, or no text alignment bugs, send them along. The name and alignment issues will need dedicated focus.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:56 pm 

Well you guys do great as it is, I think we all realise there's life beyond RomHacking/Translating, so I think we all expect slowdowns and stuff. I also pop in daily to see if there's any progress news for your games you're working on.. I see a lot of work being done on DDS Translations' Twitter on.. 'Last Bible 3' and also they are in Beta testing for 'Tengai Makyou Zero'.. so can't wait for those two games to get a patch release :)

Next week is my last week in college. we ripped through the course and finished just over a month early BUT they are still making us go in for our attendance mark, which is a pain. So after next week I won't be doing much other than playing games and working on my website. I signed up for a weeks course in August for a diploma certificate in 'Paranormal Research and Ghost Hunting'.. can't WAIT for that.. should be fun, only went on the course cos it was on offer (cost wise). I love anything to do with the paranormal and it'll give me something to do until I go back to college at the end of September.

I passed my college courses with flying colors so just waiting on the certificates for them now :)

In terms of work on my website.. i've been playing and doing sanctuary pages for a couple of STEAM games.. 'Divinia Chronicles', 'Secrets of Grindea', and started a couple of days ago a 'Septerra Core' sanctuary page also, been enjoying THAT game, it's hard though for an old school PC Jrpg.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, I've been using my time recently on other things as well. Heck, I haven't even touched Persona 5 since my surgery let alone got anything game translation related done. I really need to get myself in gear as well. I said I'd have time but I didn't know that surgery was coming up and by the time I was through mess, the yard work and all the fun things you get to deal with owning a house all piled up. I'm still not caught up, but I'll try to make time soon as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:09 pm 

Bongo` wrote:
It seems to be a little "dry" around here lately. :( I know, I know.. Real life can suck. Especially when you are working full time, and taking three classes in one semester to top it off. To make matters worse, I will probably be taking four classes in the fall. I promise you, I have not forgotten how to romhack, and I am still very much involved. To all the fans, keep up the faith. We are still kicking. :lol:

Just with all the work you have already done, I feel forever indebted to every one of you, guys. Even if you couldn't go on and finish the translations that are already pending (which I know is not the case, I was just talking hypotetically), your current contribution to the fantranslation scene is priceless. i've been able to play and complete several JRPG gems that otherwise I couldn't have played if it wasn't for you. I simply have no words to express how thankful I feel, really.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:52 am 

Don't worry guys, take your time. They will all surely be finished eventually. Tom and DDS are doing great work with some other SFC RPGs, as was mentioned before, and Nightcrawler is finishing up Tenshi no Uta, so I'm sure there won't be a shortage of releases this year all things considered.