Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Post subject: Re: My top translation list.
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:55 am 

Well.... Here's my attempt at recreating THAT map for you, this is my first try at totally creating a map from scratch, personally I think it look MUCH better
than the old looking one in the manual. So what do you think? would you prefer to use that one or do you still want to one from the manual edited?

Here's the direct link to it ...

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

Last edited by SylarDean on Tue May 17, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:46 pm 

SylarDean wrote:
Well.... Here's my attempt at recreating THAT map for you, this is my first try at totally creating a map from scratch, personally I think it look MUCH better
than the old looking one in the manual. So what do you think? would you prefer to use that one or do you still want to one from the manual edited?

Spoiler! :
http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx32 ... hqkir0.jpg

Oh, holy wow... Yeah, that's great! I'm loving it! :shock: :geek: Yeah I knew that you wouldn't be able to translate but just mixing the two roles of translation and editing together into one word lol. My bad, it's just that you could type the final translation text onto the maps themselves as you've done.
This latest map looks very modern and up-to-date. It's like a proper naval map board for a sea combat board game. Now let's see what :arrow: 'hausen' thinks of it :?: .

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 5:53 pm 

ObiKKa wrote:
SylarDean wrote:

Spoiler! :
http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx32 ... hqkir0.jpg

Oh, holy wow... Yeah, that's great! I'm loving it! :shock: :geek: Yeah I knew that you wouldn't be able to translate but just mixing the two roles of translation and editing together into one word lol. My bad, it's just that you could type the final translation text onto the maps themselves as you've done.
This latest map looks very modern and up-to-date. It's like a proper naval map board for a sea combat board game. Now let's see what :arrow: 'hausen' thinks of it :?: .

it only took me about an hour and half to do. I can edit things on it if Hausen dnt like things.. like the squid, or the compass, or maybe shorten the bar under the compass.
Maybe put the title of the game somewhere on it, whatever the name of the game is.. lol. Glad you think it looks more modern and up to date, that's what I was aiming for
as the manual map looks horrible and very dated.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:07 am 

Oh wow, you blew the original way outta park.. You're talented I can see that - I can't imagine there's anything to do but admire this map! From the well improved mountains to town icons it works so well as a whole.

By the way, if you don't mind this pedantry lol. As the manual map misplaces the text somewhat, the location of "Hangu Pass" is actually in the mountains under the text "shan" where Huashan is written in your map. I guess both labels could be shifted down a little to correct it. Also, lose the last g in Songshan. ;)

Well done :shock: 8-)

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:32 am 

hausen wrote:
Oh wow, you blew the original way outta park.. You're talented I can see that - I can't imagine there's anything to do but admire this map! From the well improved mountains to town icons it works so well as a whole.

By the way, if you don't mind this pedantry lol. As the manual map misplaces the text somewhat, the location of "Hangu Pass" is actually in the mountains under the text "shan" where Huashan is written in your map. I guess both labels could be shifted down a little to correct it. Also, lose the last g in Songshan. ;)

Well done :shock: 8-)

Glad you like it, ok.. edits made, iv'e noticed also there's two caves on the map that are not titled, once you know what those are called I can edit the map again and add in those
to the map too. Also, what do you want me to do about the original manual map? do you want that edited still? or.. are you going to use this new one instead? OH! I also made the
bar under the compass smaller.

Spoiler! :

Last edited by SylarDean on Tue May 17, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:21 am 
Site Admin

hausen wrote:

I second that! She sure is a beaut!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:49 am 

Those other caves don't have names as they don't have real world counterparts. But that big mountain in the sea next to the squid is named Penglaishan, a chinese version of a mythological island like Atlantis or Mu. Not labeled in the manual's map I guess because it's a secret location of sorts you can access when you get the flying cloud. Yes, the equivalent to an airship in this game is that you can transform into a flying cloud :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:57 pm 

hausen wrote:
Those other caves don't have names as they don't have real world counterparts. But that big mountain in the sea next to the squid is named Penglaishan, a chinese version of a mythological island like Atlantis or Mu. Not labeled in the manual's map I guess because it's a secret location of sorts you can access when you get the flying cloud. Yes, the equivalent to an airship in this game is that you can transform into a flying cloud :mrgreen:

Okay, added.. I made it a different colour text glow (yellow) to signify that its a secret area. The other two caves, I COULD mark on the map with their names if you wish and give them
a green glow or something to signify they are there but NOT real world places. I personally think a game's map SHOULD mark every area in a game BUT it's your game so it's up to
you.

SO! any news on when this is getting it's release? or is it still a far way off? i'm looking forward to playing this game, looks interesting.

Draken wrote:
I second that! She sure is a beaut!

TY! Draken for that comment BUT i'm a he not a she. HAHAHA! joke, I know you meant the map, glad you like it. :)

Spoiler! :

Last edited by SylarDean on Tue May 17, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:43 pm 

SylarDean. Can you make that secret legend place's text light or medium brown, just to give it that bit of a mysterious vibe? Make it sorta 'unseen' at first glance. You know what I mean? The yellow colour does make it seem a bit obvious.
But I still don't know of a right colour for it. I think it needs a bit of refinement.

That bar under the compass is very well done, makes us notice the compass much more and accentuates its symbol.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:29 pm 

ObiKKa wrote:
SylarDean. Can you make that secret legend place's text light or medium brown, just to give it that bit of a mysterious vibe? Make it sorta 'unseen' at first glance. You know what I mean? The yellow colour does make it seem a bit obvious.
But I still don't know of a right colour for it. I think it needs a bit of refinement.

That bar under the compass is very well done, makes us notice the compass much more and accentuates its symbol.

Ummm? it's meant to be a world map pointing out ALL the locations in the game.. I don't see what's wrong with the yellow but as you wish, tell me what you think
between the two and which you prefer to use.. well, which Hausen prefers to use.

Penglaishan with glow, (it seems to draw the eye any hows).

Penglaishan without glow, (looks more natural to the map).

And.. why are we posting in here? this is totally off topic for what this post is meant to be for... lol. Someone needs to start new topic, like "artwork" or
something, or I should start a "SylarDean's Map Art" section.. lol.. but wouldn't know where that would be best to fit into these forums or correct place.

Spoiler! :

Last edited by SylarDean on Tue May 17, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next