Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Long Time Fan
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:56 am 

Hello D-D and really to all rom hackers, editors, coordinators and translators over the last decade and beyond. I could have swore I made a post about a year ago thanking you on your Lennus II translation. I checked and checked again but simply couldn't find it. Then I got to thinking instead of making a post about just Lennus II or in fact about 90% of your translations which are all in various stages of completion (by me). That I should take the time finally to thank all teams out there who really fulfill my hobby to the fullest.

I've seen the evolution and merges and sadly the disappearances of so many groups over the years. I wanted to make sure I got in my words of praise for those that are still left out there. I've played nearly all of the translations out there from old forgotten classics to classics that are still to fresh in the mind to be truly considered classics. Every time a new translation comes out it's like a throw back to my childhood. Starting on Nintendo and Sega games at the earliest age I was capable of understanding them. My older brother got me into them and I thank everyday that he did. I'd of been to young to have found them or ever realized they existed at the time. So thank you for bringing back the feeling of being a kid again. I hope that there are others who are still as young as I am, nearly in my 23rd year of life, that still enjoy and appreciate the things you guys are doing in the world.

So thank you all again and I hope all your work you consider to be time well spent. As I know I consider the time spent playing them and enjoying them to be well spent.

I'd like to throw a shout-out to Gideon Zhi of AGTP, Ein, the old DeJap translation group. And any other groups always at the back of my mind who simply are to numerous to be named who may or may not be included in D-D.

I consider most of you here to be at a professional level of writing so I hope as an amateur and hobbyist writer that I have left something enjoyable and pleasant for your eyes.

Edit: I'd like to make a note here that if anyone wants to copy my post to other places they are free to do so. I'd like to reach out to as many people who still follow the scene or used to be a part of it. I've played so many translations and been around here for so long that I think I'd have something to comment too to just about everyone.

Last edited by YuushaReideen on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Long Time Fan
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:48 pm 

i totally agree, to me its astounding the level of work and dedication put into these masterpieces, even if its just a hobby. You all do so much for everyone and a expect so little in return. There are just so many awesome games out there that would never be experienced by everyone if not for your efforts. Again, at the very least, thank you and all that you do! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:31 am 
Site Admin

Thanks! Although, these days I'm finding it harder and harder to get anything done! There just isn't enough time in a day anymore...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:53 am 
Site Admin

You can say that again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:09 pm 

Well I know how hard what you guys do is. A few years back I trained myself lightly in all facets of rom translation. Dumped the text, translated about half of 1 out of 5 text files. Put it back in and did a slight bit of editing to the font and interface. It's no easy task. I was never really good enough or took enough time at any of the things to really continue on it. I've always thought about offering help at play testing as I've played tons of Japanese games as well as translated games. I've got a lot of time to play them too but, Red Soul and some of the others who test already are so good at it I'm not sure you guys need any help on that front.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:53 am 
Site Admin

Speaking of RedSoul... I still haven't heard anything from him since maybe September/October of last year. I sent him an e-mail and asked WildBill to try and get in contact with him via another address. So far, I've gotten no reply from RedSoul, and I assume WildBill hasn't had any luck wither. I'm a little worried about him :(

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:25 am 

That's no good to hear. Hopefully he's just been really busy.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:39 am 

Red Soul hasn't been on the site (at least signed in) since September 2012. I hope he is doing ok.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

I was able to track down his non-DD e-mail address and sent him a message this morning... I haven't gotten a reply as of now (11 hours later), but I still have my fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:49 am 

Still no word? Makes me wish I made this post years ago on one of your older web pages. I feel at the moment I've not reached very many of the people who I've appreciated so much over the years. I hope he is in good health.