Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Greetings!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:54 pm 

Hello all, this is Musashi from many years ago. Not sure who remembers me but I was around until the early 2000s before life took me in other directions.

I wanted to say hello again after a long absence. In the past week or so I've been going about rediscovering the translation scene and was very happy to see many of you still active and busy. It made me think fondly of the old CTC days.

I don't have much to offer these days aside from heartfelt support (I've forgotten all my Japanese in pursuit of other languages and I wouldn't know what to do with a hex editor now if I ever opened one again!), but I hope to stick around a bit. In that regards, my thanks for all the newly completed and ongoing translation projects since I left!

Post subject: Re: Greetings!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:55 am 
Site Admin

Hi Musashi! It sure has been a long time since I've seen you around. I hope all is well.
The past few years have been great for romhacking. It seems like most of the big SNES era gems have been completed or are in competent hands. There's lots for you to play! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:07 am 
Site Admin

Well I'll be... It's a blast from the past ( You like how I used an oldie, right! ) Great to see
you couldn't stay away forever. If you aren't careful you just might pick up a project. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:22 pm 

Always great to hear someone coming back - there's still a heck of a community around Musashi and the DD translation group is very special indeed. There's so much more to come too :)

Welcome home.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:40 pm 

Holy @#$% dude, how the hell have you been? It's great seeing old faces! Hope things are going well for you!

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:13 am 

I've been great, lots has happened and I can hardly believe it's been a decade.

I've been really impressed with all the translations that have appeared since I left but I'm especially glad to see so many familiar names still around. And yes, I've certainly found lots of new SNES and NES translations to play (and some older ones to play again!). D-D and AGTP look especially healthy and hardy, you've guys have done great. Hat tips all round. Like I said, my translation/romhacking skill set has atrophied into nothingness but I'm more than happy to be back around and offer my enthusiastic support.

Since I'm still catching up, might I ask what have been some of the more memorable moments or accomplishments to hit since the 2001/2002?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:14 am 
Site Admin

Great accomplishments?? For me, it would have to be getting the old Magic Destiny team back together. Well, I guess the credit for that should really go to Bongo` :) Everyone came out of hibernation to work on Lennus 2, and after we finished that, we all stayed together to work on many other projects, created a new name for ourselves, and got several great new people to join in on the fun.

Though things have been quite quiet lately, I'm hoping 2013 sees at least a few DD releases.

Edit: Also just to add, though there have been tons of great releases by AGTP and DD, I'd probably say that the Mother 3 translation was a pretty big event for romhacking. I found that it received TONS of attention from a variety of media outlets, and it probably helped bring some new people into the hobby.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:18 pm 

Musashi wrote:
Since I'm still catching up, might I ask what have been some of the more memorable moments or accomplishments to hit since the 2001/2002?

Well, speaking for myself, Cave Story ended up being pretty gigantic. Aside from that, though? Front Mission: Gun Hazard, the new versions of Live-A-Live and Rudra no Hihou, the first two SNES Shin Megami Tensei titles, a handful of Super Robot War titles (including a massive one for the PS1), LUNAR for gamegear, the mostly-complete Star Fox 2 prototype, Metal Max Returns, Shiren the Wanderer, Mystic Ark (of which DD has their own version), Clock Tower, a couple of Kunio games... hell, there's not much on my list I *don't* consider important or memorable in some fashion or other. And with a little luck, a lot of sweat, and me working on fixing up my own slightly tweaked psychology, this year could be huge for AGTP in ways it hasn't ever been before. Can't say more than that for now though.

For others? There's Tales of Phantasia and Star Ocean, there's Dual Orb 2 and Wozz, there's Arabian Nights and Energy Breaker, Radical Dreamers and Famicom Detective Club 2, Persona 2 Sin and (at long last, just a few weeks ago) Cless's version of Tales of Phantasia PS1, Der Langrisser and the Phantasy Star 2 visual novels, Policenauts and SaGa 2 DS, Wonder Project J and WPJ2... Hell, XSeed even purchased Deuce's translation of Ys: Oath in Felghana for an official PSP and PC release. It's been quite the decade. And yeah, definitely Mother 3.

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:29 am 
Site Admin

Gideon Zhi wrote:
Musashi wrote:

Well, speaking for myself, Cave Story ended up being pretty gigantic. Aside from that, though? Front Mission: Gun Hazard, the new versions of Live-A-Live and Rudra no Hihou, the first two SNES Shin Megami Tensei titles, a handful of Super Robot War titles (including a massive one for the PS1), LUNAR for gamegear, the mostly-complete Star Fox 2 prototype, Metal Max Returns, Shiren the Wanderer, Mystic Ark (of which DD has their own version), Clock Tower, a couple of Kunio games... hell, there's not much on my list I *don't* consider important or memorable in some fashion or other. And with a little luck, a lot of sweat, and me working on fixing up my own slightly tweaked psychology, this year could be huge for AGTP in ways it hasn't ever been before. Can't say more than that for now though.

For others? There's Tales of Phantasia and Star Ocean, there's Dual Orb 2 and Wozz, there's Arabian Nights and Energy Breaker, Radical Dreamers and Famicom Detective Club 2, Persona 2 Sin and (at long last, just a few weeks ago) Cless's version of Tales of Phantasia PS1, Der Langrisser and the Phantasy Star 2 visual novels, Policenauts and SaGa 2 DS, Wonder Project J and WPJ2... Hell, XSeed even purchased Deuce's translation of Ys: Oath in Felghana for an official PSP and PC release. It's been quite the decade. And yeah, definitely Mother 3.

How many breaths did you take while getting all of that out! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:15 am 
Site Admin

He doesn't breathe; he's A MACHINE!!