Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post subject: Re: Slayers translation
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

KingMike wrote:
ultpaladin wrote:
KingMike,

Whats the Japanese name for Light of Indra, I can't find much info on the game.

Indora no Hikari

Hey, good to see you around these parts, KM. :) Or should I call you Assembler KingMike!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, wow, I get a slap on the wrist for not paying better attention to the forums here. "Hi!". :) Really cool to see Robert Boyd and KingMike here. Like Robert, this game was the first one I did any work on and I really just expanded on what he started, so in a way it was his initial work that has led all the way to where we are now. I've been having a blast working with Bongo and Wildbill on the rewrite of the script and watching as the game comes together. Thanks for all the support and interest in this thread!

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:20 pm 

I saw the pictures great work guys ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:34 pm 

Thats great news with the update, the pictures look great. I'll be really interested to see how the humor shines throughout this game.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:32 am 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
Thats great news with the update, the pictures look great. I'll be really interested to see how the humor shines throughout this game.
Heh, ultpaladin, I have appointed Red Soul the Slayers Humor Czar! Thanks for the compliments, Alex.

BTW, I'm really enjoying writing this game. Filler's raw trans plus his knowledgeable insights and familiarity with various scenes is making my job much easier. Well, I'm working on Slayers right this minute. About to get a lead on the Stone Man Zelgadis, one of the ten most powerful magicians in the world, so back to it...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:49 pm 

Humor Czar eh? does that mean I can make even moody cossacks laugh?
Haha.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:22 pm 

Hello everyone,

I'm Gruic, from the french slayers community. I got an eye on your work since some months and to be honest, it's amazing. We already got a topic on the french forum to talk about your work :

http://slayersevolution-r.forumactif.ne ... r-t164.htm

but I realize that's you deserve a big "congratulations" so I'm here. Keep up the good work guys, we'll for sure play the finale version with a lot of pleasure.

Bon courage !

Gruic.

ps : sorry for my bad english.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:54 pm 
Gruic wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm Gruic, from the french slayers community. I got an eye on your work since some months and to be honest, it's amazing. We already got a topic on the french forum to talk about your work :

but I realize that's you deserve a big "congratulations" so I'm here. Keep up the good work guys, we'll for sure play the finale version with a lot of pleasure.

Bon courage !

Gruic.

I'm guessing DD guys will like the idea of making a french translation patch too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

Lalakoboldslayer wrote:
Gruic wrote:
Hello everyone,

Bon courage !

Gruic.

I'm guessing DD guys will like the idea of making a french translation patch too.
We must find someone to draw the 20 international letters for Feda and all the other applicable fonts in proposed Western ports. That is the big hold up.

Gruic, we appreciate the visit and encouragement. Your English is fine, mon ami!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:43 pm 
Site Admin

You know. I've been thinking about that. In most (if not all) cases, they'll probably require an entirely new font. Let me explain. In most cases the capital letters have no room above them for accent marks. Therefore, as it stands now the entire fonts must be ripped out and replaced for pretty much any game that needs international characters. In conclusion, it isn't simply a matter of drawing international characters. I think the best bet for this is that handy little tool of Bongo`. I'm just not sure that Bongo` set it up so that it yanked those characters. Anyway, that is where we stand with that situation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next