Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Awesome job!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:37 am 

While the graphics, for 1994, are nothing to write home about (not like that is the reason for playing in the first place, but still...) the story really was pretty cool and what made this game, was the dialogue! That means, you guys are really really skilled in your translation as I got the feeling, this must be what the Japanese writers intended..it did not feel like there were any (extensive) creative liberties taken in other words. I had fun playing this game, thanks for the hard work!

That makes 4 anime games in a row I have beaten: Magic Knight Rayearth (so so), Ranma 1/2 (lots of fun despite being linear), Sailor Moon (HECK OF A LOT BETTER than I could have ever imagined) and now, this, Slayers. I figure I will give Dragon Ball Z a try next to complete my SNES RPG anime stint. Then maybe go on to Dragon quest 3 (snes version) which I have NEVER tried before! Anyway, I am getting off topic, amazing job DD! Really enjoyed this game because of the dialogue...had the dialogue been bland, this would be a very subpar game, so that is what made this game so special!! That and some of the subject matter ;) !

In general, I can not believe the huge list of incredible games that have been made available because of dedicated people such as yourself. Slayers, the other three games mentioned in this topic and so , sooooo much more!! wow! Hard to even fathom.

Post subject: Re: Awesome job!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:27 am 

Thanks for the feedback.
Slayers is a great anime series and that really motivated everyone
in the team to get the patch done with quality and accurate
characterization in mind.

It is our philosophy that patches should adequate themselves
as much as possible to the original script, after all there'd be
nothing to translate if there wasn't a script there in the first place.

In the case of Slayers, there is quite a bit of inside humor, puns
and cultural references that would make no sense if translated
to english directly; in these instances, special attention was
given towards keeping the meaning intact.

With these baselines, we at D-D will strive to bring the RPG-loving
english speaking audiences throughout the world more fine gems
born in the land of the rising sun that would otherwise remain
unknown, and unplayed by countless people.

Stay tuned for more exciting news, thanks for dropping by.

Post subject: Re: Awesome job!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:11 pm 
Site Admin

DoubleDvideogames wrote:
While the graphics, for 1994, are nothing to write home about (not like that is the reason for playing in the first place, but still...) the story really was pretty cool and what made this game, was the dialogue! That means, you guys are really really skilled in your translation as I got the feeling, this must be what the Japanese writers intended..it did not feel like there were any (extensive) creative liberties taken in other words. I had fun playing this game, thanks for the hard work!

That makes 4 anime games in a row I have beaten: Magic Knight Rayearth (so so), Ranma 1/2 (lots of fun despite being linear), Sailor Moon (HECK OF A LOT BETTER than I could have ever imagined) and now, this, Slayers. I figure I will give Dragon Ball Z a try next to complete my SNES RPG anime stint. Then maybe go on to Dragon quest 3 (snes version) which I have NEVER tried before! Anyway, I am getting off topic, amazing job DD! Really enjoyed this game because of the dialogue...had the dialogue been bland, this would be a very subpar game, so that is what made this game so special!! That and some of the subject matter ;) !

In general, I can not believe the huge list of incredible games that have been made available because of dedicated people such as yourself. Slayers, the other three games mentioned in this topic and so , sooooo much more!! wow! Hard to even fathom.
While coordinating the technical nuts and bolts with Bongo`, trying to resolve the endless hangs and freezes, Filler navigated me skillfully through the localization and cultural aspects of the Slayers series. We collaborated on the many zany moments, and at times, I was laughing so hard I would strike the wrong keys! Plunging myself into a respectable patchwork of videos, prior to completing the first draft, I fell in love with at least two of the lady characters, and one of them wasn't Lina Inverse, hee-hee...!

Thus, Filler is much more than a translator, just as Bongo` is much more than your everyday poor country coding machine. Now, if only we could get the B-Man to play some of his own creations, that would snag a headline! Draken and Red Soul played it thoroughly during the refinement stages. Now, if we could get Taskforce to play it, one who contributed strong input to the wacky "underwear scene", now that would truly be a miracle!

Glad you enjoyed it. It was very thoughtful of you to drop by and share your reflections while still fresh.