Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Spot Translation Request - Battle Plans or Tactics
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:26 am 
Site Admin

Among the Slayers battle menus, we have options to set different attack plans. These commands seem to influence how the fighters will conduct themselves in battle. The first one is easy, a manual option for everyone in the party. Plan #2 appears to leave Lina as a manual setting and allow the rest to choose their weapons, special abilities, and/or strongest magic attacks automatically. Plan #6 appears to place emphasis on healing. I assume the others emphasize choices such as putting up strong defenses, using magic freely, and conserving magic, as is normally the case in RPGs. I just need better clarification, if possible.

Many thanks!

1. いうこときいてね!
2. かかってきなさい!
3. もんどーむよーよ!
4. こいつをたおして!
5. わたしにあわせて!
6. こせいをいかして!

Post subject: Re: Spot Translation Request - Battle Plans or Tactics
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:10 pm 

I believe 4 is "Take down this guy!" so that's either focus on offense or attack who I'm attacking. I think 5 is something like "Focus on me!" so either follow your lead or buffs? No clue what 3 is.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:50 pm 
Site Admin

Robert Boyd wrote:
I believe 4 is "Take down this guy!" so that's either focus on offense or attack who I'm attacking. I think 5 is something like "Focus on me!" so either follow your lead or buffs? No clue what 3 is.

I appreciate this input! Right now, I am holding with the titles in the graphic posted below that also depicts very early menu work. We are also working on solving various menu glitches at the present time, including those burn-throughs you see. Right now, these battle plans must fill every single space in the two-lines allotted or the letters at the end of the longest lines will burn through to the others, dang-it!

I will add refinements to these battle plans if anyone can update them more precisely, but for now, the characters and spaces-per-line must fit exactly the same as illustrated here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:42 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Among the Slayers battle menus, we have options to set different attack plans. These commands seem to influence how the fighters will conduct themselves in battle. The first one is easy, a manual option for everyone in the party. Plan #2 appears to leave Lina as a manual setting and allow the rest to choose their weapons, special abilities, and/or strongest magic attacks automatically. Plan #6 appears to place emphasis on healing. I assume the others emphasize choices such as putting up strong defenses, using magic freely, and conserving magic, as is normally the case in RPGs. I just need better clarification, if possible.

Many thanks!

1. いうこときいてね!
2. かかってきなさい!
3. もんどーむよーよ!
4. こいつをたおして!
5. わたしにあわせて!
6. こせいをいかして!

Bongo` has fixed the ASM on the three places where we have identified the use and designation of Battle Tactics in Slayers. All of them are displaying correctly now for the first time (Hey, this is exciting... All together now... "Hip-hip... Hurray!"). I am also re-listing the Japanese names of the tactics above. Unless someone can refine these names further, I'll stick with ones in the graphics for now. I'm still not sure how some of these tactics affect battles. It may be too early in the game to tell.

Image Image