Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Game not loading in Bsnes at all?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:20 am 

So i''ve been a total Slayers dork for nine years or so and was ecstatic to see someone finally translated this! However it appears the game doesn't like me lol. I played the original japanese years ago.:s Anyway, I read the other thread and got majorly confused lol. (The bad rom one) Mine did that in zsnes ,but I read it doesn't really work in zsnes anyway? So I tried to use the lunaips patcher thing to patch the version to.ips translation to the original slayers(j).smc. Whenever I load the game in Bsnes though the screen just stays black nothing happens.(Also am I then supposed to run the Slayers(j).smc since that was what i patched it to or the version1/2.smc files I have?( I fiddled a few times so may have done something wrong to have those. >_>; ) with the version 1/2.smc files it just makes bsnes crash. with the Slayers(J).smc file though it opens at least but like I said just a black screen. So I was wondering if someone could help me out?I'm seriously confused.@@; Also i'm running Windows 7 dunno if that helps with anything.:s

Post subject: Re: Game not loading in Bsnes at all?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:39 am 

I did go and download an original japanese version of the game and scanned it with nf. I started having problems when I used Lunai ps patcher and then tried Ninja whenever I patched it the game didn't work I also used nf to remove the header but the game wouldn't work still. I looked through the other thread and online and people suggested bsnes so I just thought zsnes wasn't compatible I'm sorry. x-x; Also I haven't played any snes roms in awhile so I had no idea they didn't work so well with Windows 7. Anyways I got it to work finally, so I apologize. I haven't done rom patching ever so it was rather confusing for me.^_^; I just want to say thanks again for translation,I've been looking forward to it for years and it made me extremely happy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:48 pm 

Patching does take some trial and error but its not rocket science so don't be intimidated.
Besides the guide supplied in our readmes (written by yours truly at least regarding our most recent releases)
there is also my "Patching For Dummies" guide, kindly transformed into HTML by Taskforce, which is also a good read.

As Master Chen has mentioned, use the readme as a base to know what to look for, first and foremost. Trimmed, trained or pre-patched roms
are a bad thing, since the patch expects the code to be clean.
You also need a proper patching environment. Some programs may or may not patch correctly under Vista or Win7, so take that into account.

My suggestion is, if you intend to use Win7 or Vista as your main OS (or any non windows one for that matter) is to keep your emulator stuff
in a separate XP exclusive partition if possible. Not trying to sound like a Microsoft fanboy here but its a fact that the majority of programs are
written with Windows in mind, and XP still is the most compatible of the lot.

Keep us posted on your progress, and welcome to the forums.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:23 am 
Site Admin

And while you are at it, you better play Mystic Ark, Lennus 2 and FEDA fort starters. The guys put in some long hours with those games. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:07 pm 

Indeed, as Bongo' says, all of these games are masterpieces that got a lot of attention from all of us, and hence deserve to be played also.