Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: BAD ROM!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:20 am 
Site Admin

I'm glad that you got things sorted out! Enjoy the game!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:29 am 

Yeah... it took me several tries to find a ROM that worked, and the one that I did get right glitched after the patch was applied; Lina and Connie both started off with 6666 hit points, high enough stats to do 9999 damage to the goblins, etc. I have no clue what that stuff about headers is supposed to mean, so can someone please just send me a prepatched rom that actually works with ZSNES?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:33 pm 
Site Admin

Dr. Casey wrote:
Yeah... it took me several tries to find a ROM that worked, and the one that I did get right glitched after the patch was applied; Lina and Connie both started off with 6666 hit points, high enough stats to do 9999 damage to the goblins, etc. I have no clue what that stuff about headers is supposed to mean, so can someone please just send me a prepatched rom that actually works with ZSNES?
ZSNES does not fully support Slayers i. e. the Save function. I recommend BSNES.

As for your ROM stats problem, it sounds as if you got hold of one someone uploaded with cheats pre-installed.

I'm sort of tied up for a few days. Hopefully, Red Soul will read this and help you with the header issue and finding a pure ROM.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:51 am 

Either hard coded cheats or unexpected rom code that interacts with the patch and causes this problem
(meaning, you have either an altered or different rom revision than the one the patch needs).

For the record, here is the rom you should be looking for, according to NSRT:

NSRT v3.3 - Nach's SNES ROM Tools

---------------------Internal ROM Info----------------------
File: Slayers(J).smc
Name: スレイヤーズ Company: Banpresto
Header: None Bank: LoROM
Interleaved: No SRAM: 64 Kb
Type: Normal + Batt ROM: 12 Mb
ROM Speed: 120ns (FastROM) Revision: 1.0
Checksum: Good 0x201E CRC32: 0B610445
MD5: 1B7B9B3EABE1008BAD9DC19DCAD9142F
--------------------------Database--------------------------
Name: Slayers
Port 1: Gamepad Port 2: Gamepad
Genre 1: RPG Genre 2: Turn Based

Make sure to check my Patching For Dummies document also, it will most likely help.
If all else fails PM me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:26 am 

Oh, never mind. I managed to find a prepatched rom and just downloaded that; it's working fine, I just got past Leddick Tower. Thanks for the translation, this game kicks ass.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:37 pm 

Hopefully the one you found refers to patch 1.02?
If not just let me know.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:45 pm 

Dr. Casey wrote:

Ha! Same thing happened to me after I had struggled with the save feature. Seems someone does not want me to play slayers haha.

Can you tell me (via pM) where you got the prepatched rom? Those are just easier and usually I am able to find those for the games I wanna play. I have only ever successfully patched one game in my life, adventures of hourai High school...I just failed at Villgust today.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:21 am 
Site Admin

DoubleDvideogames wrote:
Dr. Casey wrote:

Ha! Same thing happened to me after I had struggled with the save feature. Seems someone does not want me to play slayers haha.

Can you tell me (via pM) where you got the prepatched rom? Those are just easier and usually I am able to find those for the games I wanna play. I have only ever successfully patched one game in my life, adventures of hourai High school...I just failed at Villgust today.
Welcome, DoubleDvideogames! Hey, we want you to have a successful patch for any of our translations here. Keep checking back. I'm sure someone will help you. Let us know when you have success, and like Red Soul previously mentioned in this thread, pre-patched ROMs don't always have the latest releases. As for the Slayers save feature, use BSNES or other "real hardware" emulators. Unfortunately, Slayers' Save doesn't work in SNES9x or ZSNES, but save-states seem to work fine.