Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Post subject: Re: I found a text glitch early on in the game
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:55 am 

Wow, you guys are fast :)

I thought I have to wait for a few hours or so for a reply seeing as we live at different time zones.

Anyway, yeah the cursor's there but the text & the options are over lapping each other.

When you select either yes or no, the text reacts with the cursor moving so you can tell it's there.

I try looking for more of these as I messed up my game, I sold off Lina & her friends' equipment thinking the stuff at the first village's stores where better & now I'm having difficulties at the Hydra's mountain level.

EDIT:

@Wildbill: I like older anime, specifically from the 90's down to the mecha Anime of the 70's. I could never like the newer ones starting with stuff after Naruto & Bleach.

As for RPGs, I love mostly these older RPGs as I'm not really that much of a graphics fan, besides the SNES still has a lot of Japanese gems waiting for you guys to man handle, or so to say :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:01 am 

We are always willing to receive bug reports, comments and constructive criticsm from people that position their issues respectfully and
clearly as you did, so don't be surprised by our promptness.
Rest assured your observation is being processed as we speak, we are looking into it.
Thanks again for taking the time to report it, and welcome to the forums.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:09 am 

Hmm, I could have sworn I talked to the fortune teller under that stage, I know for a fact I talked to some character under the stage at one of the inns and I thought they asked me for money and I didn't run into any issues.

As for v1.00 not working for me, I think its because the file size that is mentioned in the Readme file doesn't match what I have. I'll have to look around a little bit for a matching file.

EDIT: Found a match, everything looks good.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:19 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Bongo` wrote:
CRV10 wrote:
First off, I want to thank you nice folk for this Fan Translation patch for the game ;)

I'm also a big fan of the Anime back in the day & just like with the Sailormoon & Rayearth games, I highly consider this Slayers RPG as an awesome gem :)

Anyway, I started playing as soon as I found out via RHDN about this patch & let me tell you that I love how you did the fan translation.

However, as there is yet to be a "bugs report" topic on this section, I decided to put this one up as I found one early on.

It's when you "find" & speak to the fortune teller/soothesayer at Johannes town. As soon as you speak to her, her dialogue gets smooshed in with the "yes & no" option to her question if you want your fortune told:

If you need information on which emulator I got this bug, it's the latest version of snes9x, version 1.52.

Isn't there a 'Cursor' Missing in that picture? W/B, you think the cursor is overwritting the text
and messing it up or is it some thing else?
First, the cursor usually disappears with screen saves. Second, this is an un-triggered scene (no one found the fortune teller at this early stage), so I failed to indent the Yes/No lines. Third, I need to reformat the compound string so that we have a [key] command or empty line to make everything align correctly. If we still have screen bugs after I accomplish all of this and re-test, it comes to you!
Okay, it's fixed. All I needed to do was add a [key] tag to the string. That threw the Yes/No to the next screen, and all is good. Here is the string. Dashes added as place-holders.

.TEXT
I am the one chosen by God.
The famous, beautiful, and
accurate fortune teller! [heart]
Shall I tell your fortune for
just 5 gold?[key]
----Yes
----No[$F302]
.ENDT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:23 am 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
Hmm, I could have sworn I talked to the fortune teller under that stage, I know for a fact I talked to some character under the stage at one of the inns and I thought they asked me for money and I didn't run into any issues.

As for v1.00 not working for me, I think its because the file size that is mentioned in the Readme file doesn't match what I have. I'll have to look around a little bit for a matching file.

EDIT: Found a match, everything looks good.
These thing happen somehow. Gremlins....

Isn't it amazing that the things we ask the players to do... when we go and try to do them ourselves we find out it's not always a snap? I got in the same funk when old reliable SNESTOOL failed me with Slayers. First breakdown in 13 years!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:38 am 

I tend to use a combination of Lunar IPS and NSRT to prepare roms for patching. Snestool has always been whimscal for me.
Would be great if they released an updated version of that with a non DOS inherited GUI and other improvements, same for Segatool.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:02 am 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
I tend to use a combination of Lunar IPS and NSRT to prepare roms for patching. Snestool has always been whimscal for me.
Would be great if they released an updated version of that with a non DOS inherited GUI and other improvements, same for Segatool.

Hehehe... If I had time I could code such an utility. :) But what would be the purpose.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:16 am 

It could be at the very least to further increase your well established awesomeness, Bongo' ^.^ haha.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:29 am 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
It could be at the very least to further increase your well established awesomeness, Bongo' ^.^ haha.

BAh! I have a hexeditor out there that people use. That's enough for now. :)
Translations are where it's at for me. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:47 am 

Without your help moving the projects along would be like rowing a boat on asphalt, so that kind of resolve on your part
fuels our wishes to perform the best we can in our specific roles. If that isn't awesome I don't know what is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next