Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: How to learn Dragon Slave spell with Lina
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:23 am 
Site Admin

CRV10 wrote:
I just got to Figaro City & had redone the means to unlock Dragon Slave & I just had to post what I did...

OK, here it is, the complete step by step means of unlocking Dragon Slave:

1. Make sure you've already learned all Levels of Magic (Levels 1~10) by learning of them in the Magic Guilds & that one level from Liddick (level 4 or 5 I think).

2. Once in Figaro go first to the Hospital & talk to the old man in the upper right part of the hospital. You'll know it's him if he ends his dialog with "unless you're here to give me a password". This is the most important thing.

3. Now go to the Magic Guild & learn Level 10 magic (you could learn level 10 magic first before talking to the old man if you want as well) from the "wizard with personal issues" (the guy in the far left room at the Magic Guild's 3rd floor) as the Chancellor (the guy in the middle room) is rather busy.

4. Now head on down to the Magic Guild's basement library & go to the far right, talk to the guy walking around on the second row of shelves (while at it, learn Valmaceid in one of the books on the shelves as well). Talking to him will yield the "password" you'll need to give or rather, say to the old man in the hospital. The password by the way is, "Isn't that old man a pip?", too bad having read about it here on my post won't do you any good as you don't manually input it in game :D

5. Now go back to the old man in the hospital and chat with him again, this time around Lina will say the password & the old coot will have added new lines to his dialog. He'll reveal the location of "Dragon Slave", where to find it (Flagoon Tree of course) & who "created the spell" which is Ley Magnus of course :)

Congratulations! Now just play through the game until you can explore Flagoon Tree & go to the altar where Dragon Slave is at & you're done! :)
If someone ever updates the Slayers FAQ. this sort of detail should be included on finding the biggest spell in the game.

Post subject: Re: How to learn Dragon Slave spell with Lina
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:07 am 

Actually, there seems to be a step missing.

Before the guy in the library will actually tell you the password, you need to talk to the lady wizard on the first floor on the right side of the room. She'll tell you that you should talk to the guy in the basement. You then proceed to talk to that person who will give you the password.

By the way, I'm making a video walkthrough for this game (has to be done in one sitting due to the emulator not liking to load files...Meh..) but it should be split into two videos of about 4 hours each (well, the second one may be a bit less depending on how far I get in the first 4 or so hours.)

If you want to see the sort of things I can do with RPGs and many other genres, check out my YouTube page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SaikyoMog

I'm thinking of giving the game a whirl Saturday (I've played through it a few times already, and have my notes ready to look over for when I actually record)

I suppose when it's all said and done, I'll make a post here about it. Hopefully some people get a kick out of it.. >_>

I'm trying to get a friend of mine (The leading female FAQ writer of GameFAQs) to do a guide for this game. I'm happy that there is a guide for the game, but it just seems really off in terms of the translation and so forth, and I feel the game deserves better.