Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Translation Question: Hans and his dog Pants
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:11 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
filler wrote:
Late to my own party as usual. :P I know you are basically finished up with the re-write WB but for the record I like the Boxers thing. It reminds me of the whole Bulma/Trunks/Bra deal from Dragon Ball. Classic stuff. I think it works well in this case.
I take it, then, that you got my SRM a few days ago or otherwise played the re-written scene. Naga gets ample opportunities now to step into and out of her own messes! So, if the primary translator is happy, I'm happy! I think Bongo` played through it, too, and got a chuckle, so it does seem to work.

I've also got a final write on the Cookbook side quest resolution, and finally... Have you reviewed the strings of the four women sitting around the table in a house in Tells city? I have the dedication in there and would like your final green light on the four women. That's our self-flagellation - I mean congratulation - celebration!

Note: If this project hinges on my completion of the game it will never see the light of day. :) I don't want this to get too bogged down in my playtesting. I am notoriously bad at finishing off playthroughs of my own game translations. That said I have not checked that portion yet. I will take a look really soon. I didn't realize this is how the dedication was being made. Great idea!

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:25 am 
Site Admin

Hey. I want to apologize for being out of the loop. I've been struggling a bit with this little place in my life right now. Not to make it sound overly profound, I realized that out of everything going on, somehow this project, my romhacking, and my friends online are the most important thing to me right now. Kind of weird but true. Anyway, I've sat down and played the re-written scene thanks to that SRM you sent. It's a little long winded but a lot of fun. Bravo! Playing through this time I was caught off guard a bit by the young man that shows them something "gorgeous". Somehow I always imagined it as Naga charging someone else for a peep, not the other way around! This game is full of surprises. :)

I haven't seen the other scene with the 4 at the table in Tells. If you have a save of any sort where that is accessible please send it my way. Otherwise I'll get there on my own. I'll work my way through the rest of the game too. I can't wait to see what is in store!

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:30 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Hey. I want to apologize for being out of the loop. I've been struggling a bit with this little place in my life right now. Not to make it sound overly profound, I realized that out of everything going on, somehow this project, my romhacking, and my friends online are the most important thing to me right now. Kind of weird but true. Anyway, I've sat down and played the re-written scene thanks to that SRM you sent. It's a little long winded but a lot of fun. Bravo! Playing through this time I was caught off guard a bit by the young man that shows them something "gorgeous". Somehow I always imagined it as Naga charging someone else for a peep, not the other way around! This game is full of surprises. :)

I haven't seen the other scene with the 4 at the table in Tells. If you have a save of any sort where that is accessible please send it my way. Otherwise I'll get there on my own. I'll work my way through the rest of the game too. I can't wait to see what is in store!
Draken was perplexed by the kid and wanted to know what he was "flashing". I said, "Well, if he's not pulling 'the old raincoat trick', maybe he's selling dirty pictures!" Draken remarked that if we left it as it was, a few eyebrows would likely rise, and we sort of came to an unspoken consensus that leaving in a bit of a mystery aspect might be the preferred way to go -unless you have a "good one" for this.

Helping create these games is a huge part of my highly complex life, too, an escape and a diversion from satisfying yet sometimes stressful day-to-day episodes. Sure, I design and build houses at this juncture of my life. That stimulates me, too, but by comparison, we have billions of houses on the planet and only a handful of RPGs! We also have millions of designers and builders who can draw plans, read blueprints, and build to specification and code, but I don't know anyone but Bongo` who could have cracked Slayers. That's part of what motivates me to put forth my best effort. These creations are truly unique and special art forms on this crazy, spinning globe!

That reminds me. I need to write and send the next installment on your other project... Seems like Slayers is SO consuming right now.

I will send you a BSNES SRM of Tells City. Go to one of the houses north of the western hotel. The four women are sitting around one table. You can't miss them. I will send you a new ROM, too. Lots of changes since even my most recent team release.

Hey, after all this waiting you should be eating up Slayers like I ate up DoaE-II a few years ago. Enjoy!

As for what you said about Aretha-II, we'll find the excitement. I know it's in there, yeah!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:20 am 
Site Admin

I am eating up Slayers, and thank you for making it possible. It's a pleasure to play after all this time. These days I don't always make time to take pleasure in something I'll genuinely enjoy unless I've identified it as something that will help me to move forward with my life. I'm trying to be goal oriented right now, let things go that don't help me reach my goals, and embrace the things that do. Somehow this is part of my goal right now, though I can't quite articulate it. I agree that it's a unique thing that only we are doing. That is pretty special.

I got to Hyum Forest this evening. I noticed that Tells city is coming up in a while so don't worry too much about the save state. You're welcome to send it, but I'll probably be there soon regardless.

Wildbill wrote:
That reminds me. I need to write and send the next installment on your other project... Seems like Slayers is SO consuming right now.

Looking forward to that very much. :)

Wildbill wrote:
As for what you said about Aretha-II, we'll find the excitement. I know it's in there, yeah!

Indeed, I know we will.

My projects
RHDN Community DB