Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 10:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: How will Beta Testing work for this game?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

Update: I'm still hoping to get started this Thursday on beta testing. I got a puppy last weekend, and I didn't really factor her into my plans. I'm going to try my best to get this done as quickly as possible, but I really am torn away from the Internet/pc each day because I have to train/watch over her for most of the day. I may take a bit longer on getting things finished as I just don't have as much time as I though I would. :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:31 pm 

Ohh a puppy don't name him pants :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:38 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Update: I'm still hoping to get started this Thursday on beta testing. I got a puppy last weekend, and I didn't really factor her into my plans. I'm going to try my best to get this done as quickly as possible, but I really am torn away from the Internet/pc each day because I have to train/watch over her for most of the day. I may take a bit longer on getting things finished as I just don't have as much time as I though I would. :(
Sounds like everything is going to the dogs around your place... Arf, arf, arf...! :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:22 am 
Site Admin

Lucky for me, I just got through one night without the puppy waking up and whining in her cage. However, I had to put her back in the cage this morning when I had my shower, and now, I'm having to wait an awfully long time for her to shut the heck up. Sorry, neighbors! hehe.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:48 am 

Right now I started my second playthrough and I had a couple of quick questions.

Is it ok to switch back and forth using battery saves between BSNES and SNES9x? Will that do anything to compromise the legitimacy of any issues I report during testing?

Second, after I beat the game the first time I did start going back with old save states checking how things looked in the latest version but then switched to a new game when I found out that would be more helpful for determining any remaining issues. Now maybe its just because I'm unlikely to catch mistakes that I didn't catch the first time, but I'm not finding many issues and the ones that I do find are pretty pedantic. I only have 2 things so far and I was wondering how many issues other beta testers are finding on their second playthroughs.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:59 am 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
Right now I started my second playthrough and I had a couple of quick questions.

Is it ok to switch back and forth using battery saves between BSNES and SNES9x? Will that do anything to compromise the legitimacy of any issues I report during testing?

Second, after I beat the game the first time I did start going back with old save states checking how things looked in the latest version but then switched to a new game when I found out that would be more helpful for determining any remaining issues. Now maybe its just because I'm unlikely to catch mistakes that I didn't catch the first time, but I'm not finding many issues and the ones that I do find are pretty pedantic. I only have 2 things so far and I was wondering how many issues other beta testers are finding on their second playthroughs.
Your SRMs should work fine, especially once you leave the screen area where Minna is located. But in some cases, data is loaded from the save, not from the ROM. The only way to check certain fixes for sure (if you see an uncorrected mistake) is to come in fresh.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:01 am 
Site Admin

I totally finished my beta testing playthrough today and sent my final report off to WildBill. Nicely done guys! A release must be quite close now ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:04 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
I totally finished my beta testing playthrough today and sent my final report off to WildBill. Nicely done guys! A release must be quite close now ;)
Thanks, Drakee!

Noname345, I will send you out these latest updates tomorrow. I am starting to assemble the pieces of the readme. I will probably be traveling this weekend, so I will need a few days to get a release package to Filler. Once he looks everything over, it's his call on release date. We still haven't discussed the final decision of the Kana in Minna's Diary and the last ending credits.