Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Post subject: Re: Hacking This Game
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:23 pm 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
I've spent some more time on this game. I've laid the groundwork to replace the signs on shops and inns. I've also translated the shop menus, but only the base menu for money and item counts. There's still text that appears on top that is separate and needs to be hacked. I also need make my double line item hack display in shops.

I also need to relocate the item names to another bank so I can fit them all in the ROM. Speaking of items, not all of them have been translated. The item translations that were in the files WildBill sent me were incomplete and also my spot translator told me he needed more context before he could translate some of them. I'm gonna hazard a guess that the translator also ran into the same issue. I guess without kanji, it's kinda hard to guess what some of them should be.
I'm in the midst of traveling and have been diverted from game work somewhat. This will persist until toward the end of the month. When everything settles down in early December, I should be able to run down some, if not most, of those feature names. The difficult ones will be anything the authors added that's new in regard to both NES versions. Usually, we just plug something in, even if it's Romaji, until we see the item in the game while writing and playing. It always falls into place.

Happy to see you getting some more done here and there. Rome wasn't built in a day, but it looks like you're chipping away at the hacking tasks pretty decently there. Looking forward to shifting into the story phase some day. Right now, when I have a little time, I'm getting SSMS-II moved on along down the merry boulevard of progress.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:00 am 

The title screen is finished and so is the map screen.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:53 pm 
Site Admin

These are looking right sharp, Garrett.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:38 pm 

It looks like this project is dead? We were talking about it on the DOAE Mods Discord: https://discord.gg/CfEbAsfDyr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:55 am 
Site Admin

We were just discussing this in the group internally a couple days ago. It isn't dead just yet. Things are quietly in the works behind the scenes on this game again. I'm planning on getting to work on the hacking myself. I'm getting more competent in Z80 assembly and the Gameboy/Game Gear architecture. At this point I make no guarantees but the project isn't dead at this point.

Now, it has been so long, if someone else is working on the game, I personally won't kick up a stink. Either way, we will continue our work if it is possible at all. We aren't getting younger so having someone else working on this isn't a bad thing. Never know what the future holds.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7