Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Post subject: Progress *** SPOILERS INSIDE ***
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:12 am 
Site Admin

I thought I'd lay everything out there so that people in the community can have some idea of where things stand.

I got a good chunk of work done on CS today. It's slow going, though, as all text must be manually adjusted and edited. My first draft of the "Training Scenario" is complete, and I've gotten about halfway through "Scenario 1". Things are slow going, though, as I must play/test/edit all at the same time. Usually I spend copious amounts of time editing/formatting before testing, but with the way the files are set up for CS, I had to change things a bit for this project. On top of this unorthodoxed method, is the problem that a ton of menus still have not been translated. Also, it's taking Bongo` a hell of a time to get the proper code in place for all things related to menus. The dialog font/routines all work great, but everything else greatly holds me back. The game is VERY menu heavy, and I find myself stuck a lot. Heck, something that took me 2 hours to figure out today, probably wouldn't have taken 20 minutes had I had proper translations in place.

I just want all you great people out there to know that things are still progressing, albeit at a pretty slow pace. Hopefully, things will heat up a little now that I have more free time. ;)

Last edited by Draken on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Progress
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:38 am 
It's allways good to read an update ;)

Keep up the great work guys :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

Hey, that's great news Draken! Thank you for the progress update, this looks like a pretty fun game which I would like to try out. My thanks extend to you and the entire team as well. D-D has filled the void which Dejap has left so long ago in our hearts.

Alas, poor Dejap...

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:38 am 

Thank your for the update Draken. It seems like Dynamic Designs is working on so many things now. Out of all the projects this one is probably the biggest mystery to me, it seems really different in design than most RPGs.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:43 am 
Site Admin

It's unlike any other game I've ever played! I love it so far! It's a big melange of rpg/strategy/action, but there is also a pretty good story that goes along with it.

I just finished writing/playing/testing my first draft of Scenario 1. It was a bit similar to the Training Scenario because it's your first time really dealing with the Enchanted Cave, but this chapter had a huge unexpected ending event :)

I'm calling it quits for the day, though. Scenario 2 will start getting its treatment Monday. Maybe all this action on my part will prod Bongo` to get some of the menu stuff worked out. hehe

Edit: I lied... I started on Scenario 3... The story has me hooked now :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 am 

I absolutely cannot stand this! This game blows!

Edit: I lied too... :P

Been looking forward to a translation on this game for what seems like forever; certainly more than any other game needing a translation. Chaos seed ranks up there with the elite class of RPGs period.

Thanks for updating and working on this. I envy you sir. :P

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:27 am 
Site Admin

I have to hang out with my wife this weekend, so nothing will get done... :(
Thankfully, I have Monday and Tuesday off! I expect to get TONS of things worked out. I can't wait to start working on it again ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:17 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
I have to hang out with my wife
i. e. "whipped!!" hee-hee... (Aren't we all!?)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Draken wrote:
I have to hang out with my wife
i. e. "whipped!!" hee-hee... (Aren't we all!?)

Hey, that word should be forbidden on this board. :x Don't worry, Draken, I will be powering up the chaos seed engine here really soon. I hope to get a few days off.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

It's got me hooked, guys! Yeah, I give my wife all the attention she needs, but when she's gone, I get to do all the things I want to :)

This game is GREAT Bongo`! I really CAN'T WAIT to start working on it again on Monday. It's really drawing me in now that I can play without graphical glitches stopping me in my shoes. I'm hoping you can solve some of my beefs with the menus, though. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next