Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
Post subject: Re: Progress
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:56 am 
Site Admin

Satsu's still working on the menu scripts, but I'm happy to say that as of today I finished my first drafts/edits of the Lecture Scenario through Scenario 2. I'm currently still working on Scenario 3. These things take a lot time :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:55 am 
Site Admin

Just to give a little update... I'm now very comfortable working with the scripts without having to test/play at the same time. This is allowing me to go A LOT quicker through everything. I would estimate that I am 70% done with formatting and my first edits. I still plan on going back and playing through each scenario to make my (hopefully) final edit to the dialog scripts. There is a lot of tone and attitude that I want to keep with the main character, so I have to tweak many little snippets of the script.

Progress is continuing at a good pace, though. I've been spending a good 2~3 hours each day working on it, so rest assured that this puppy will see the light of day :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:00 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Just to give a little update... I'm now very comfortable working with the scripts without having to test/play at the same time. This is allowing me to go A LOT quicker through everything. I would estimate that I am 70% done with formatting and my first edits. I still plan on going back and playing through each scenario to make my (hopefully) final edit to the dialog scripts. There is a lot of tone and attitude that I want to keep with the main character, so I have to tweak many little snippets of the script.

Progress is continuing at a good pace, though. I've been spending a good 2~3 hours each day working on it, so rest assured that this puppy will see the light of day :)

Sounds like you're "into a good zone" with that pace. I find that devoting a steady input five or six days a week builds those version percentage numbers rapidly. A day or two off here and there refreshes a writer. I will also take breaks and play a bit of a commercial release, comparing my style to that of someone who has been paid to do this. More often than not, this comparison inspires me to handle a similar situation differently, rather than imitate the paid professional. My greatest fear is that I will slip into a "formula" writing style and start pumping out "pulp" scripts!

I still need to get you a tutorial of info to make main page updates. CuteFTP works best for me because of the way the update section allows me to easily copy and paste a template from a previous entry. Much of the code is grayed-out, so I can just delete or type over the darker story portion of the template's text. Another option enables me to see what the new story will look like in the browser (but without the graphics, which I don't need to see anyway). The golden rule of making a main page news update is to save the existing SHTML file very first thing. No problem remembering to do this with your initial update.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:33 pm 

Glad to hear the game is no longer living up to its namesake, work wise Drakie, haha.
I can hardly wait to clamp my talons on this one, it feels very different from standard fare
RPGs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:05 am 
Site Admin

I'm glad to hear that things are going well with Chaos Seed! I thank you and the rest of the CS team for your efforts! The battle system of this game seems to be somewhat similar to that of Terranigma, but with enough differences to make it stand out as original and interesting. I'm definitely looking forward to playing this game! :)

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:27 am 
Site Admin

Hey, Bill! Can you send me the login info for the site's server? I wanna try to update the main page with some Choas Seed stuff.

I've gotten TONS of work finished over the past few days. We're talking about a solid 10+ hours of formatting/editing. I've almost gotten through ALL of the dialog blocks. Satsu, if you're reading this, I hope you have those menus ready for me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:40 am 
Site Admin

I just wanted to let everyone know that I totally finished my first run-through of the scripts today! It feels great to get this much work accomplished! This means that the game is much closer to reaching completion. I still need to play through several times to properly set the tone. There was even one town where people had very philosophical/disembodied points of view, so I will have to spend a lot of time on that.

So what happens now? Well, I'm still waiting on the menu scripts to get finished. After they are translated, Bongo` will have his hands full getting them to insert/look correct. I can play through the game some more and polish dialog scripts, but I think I will take a break for a while and wait on the others (Bongo`/translator) to finish up their ends first.

This is probably the third time I have asked... but could someone send me the log-in info for the site, so that I can post some news about this?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:55 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
This is probably the third time I have asked... but could someone send me the log-in info for the site, so that I can post some news about this?
Help is on the way. I am now looking for your update.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:18 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
I just wanted to let everyone know that I totally finished my first run-through of the scripts today! It feels great to get this much work accomplished! This means that the game is much closer to reaching completion. I still need to play through several times to properly set the tone. There was even one town where people had very philosophical/disembodied points of view, so I will have to spend a lot of time on that.

So what happens now? Well, I'm still waiting on the menu scripts to get finished. After they are translated, Bongo` will have his hands full getting them to insert/look correct. I can play through the game some more and polish dialog scripts, but I think I will take a break for a while and wait on the others (Bongo`/translator) to finish up their ends first.
Appears you have done an outstanding job writing this story.

I hope Satsu can free up a little time to help you get the remaining untranslated files ready to insert. Bongo` has Slayers in hand well enough for me to keep writing, and Burning Heroes should be to that point soon. This one and Hourai we should be able to release next year, with Slayers maybe along in the same general time frame. Then, we have several other RPGs cookin' along to keep us busy for a while into the future.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:46 pm 
Site Admin

Nice work on the front page update Draken! The fourth screenshot is pretty funny:
-> I won't do anything to you.
-> Wanna be my ally?
-> Wanna be my girlfriend?
I think I'll go with the third option also, hahaha! :lol:

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next