Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Post subject: Re: Progress
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
It's got me hooked, guys! Yeah, I give my wife all the attention she needs, but when she's gone, I get to do all the things I want to :)

This game is GREAT Bongo`! I really CAN'T WAIT to start working on it again on Monday. It's really drawing me in now that I can play without graphical glitches stopping me in my shoes. I'm hoping you can solve some of my beefs with the menus, though. :D

I sure freaking hope so. I noticed that some of the menu stuff is actually sprite data that we will need some help with sorting out in the art department. :mrgreen: As for the other stuff, It's a mess indeed but some thing has to give. :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:15 am 
Site Admin

More progress made today! I was hoping to get Scenario 2 finished, but it was a little more dialog-heavy than I thought. I also started getting really frustrated with the Enchanted Cave... It takes me MUCH too long to get things accomplished because, most of the time, I have no idea what I'm upgrading.. Hey, Bongo`, any idea on codes to get unlimited resources (Energy, Sentan) in this game?

Luckily, Scenario 3 opened up at the same time as 2, so I'll get a ton more work done tomorrow on the next one and just hold off on Scenario 2 for now...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
More progress made today! I was hoping to get Scenario 2 finished, but it was a little more dialog-heavy than I thought. I also started getting really frustrated with the Enchanted Cave... It takes me MUCH too long to get things accomplished because, most of the time, I have no idea what I'm upgrading.. Hey, Bongo`, any idea on codes to get unlimited resources (Energy, Sentan) in this game?

Luckily, Scenario 3 opened up at the same time as 2, so I'll get a ton more work done tomorrow on the next one and just hold off on Scenario 2 for now...

I can find out where the data is stored for that info. If you make a savestate and search for the main characters name, you can find all the info in that area. Convert you screen numbers to hex and search for that string. I usually search the data in reverse. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:59 pm 
Site Admin

I'll get you a save a little later this evening (your time). I figure that being able to adjust/maxout "Energy", will greatly speed things up on my end.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:41 am 

Hey Draken,

Glad to hear about the progress, maybe you should put an update on the main page soon so we can see more visually what is happening. I was also wondering what a "scenario" involves and how many of them are there in Chaos Seed.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:20 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, I'd like to put something up on the main page, but I'm holding off a bit until more of the menus get translated/fixed. I want to be able to put up a slew of dialog and menu shots (as the game is soooo menu heavy) to really show off how much work we have accomplished. This post has been acting as a blog of sorts that I'll continue to update as I work. Speaking of which... I did some work on Scenario 3 today! Too bad I have to look after my wife's family dog today; the game doesn't have my total attention.

The scenarios are basically the chapters in the game. In one scenario, you usually get a bunch of story and have to build/maintain one Enchanted Cave for quite some time until you have enough energy to revive the Dragon Vein that is underneath the cave. Maintaining a cave consists of building specific rooms that are connected via corridors. You also get to customize each room. One can be a summoning room, attack room, refining room, etc. Each room has a specific purpose. Each turn, there are also pesky humans from above who break into the cave, and you must dispatch of them quickly, or they will destroy the rooms you've created.

Oh, and the game has a total of 10 Scenarios... There is also a "heroine" in the story, but I have yet to run into her.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:03 am 

Destroy pesky humans? sounds like Dungeon Keeper to me, haha, I'm starting to become more and more interested in Chaos Seed now; even more so as I loved the graphics already from the shots I'd seen.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:25 am 
Site Admin

I got a little more progress done today. With some help from Bongo`, I was able to get an infinite Energy code in place. I, actually, had no idea how easy it was to make your own codes using zsnes. It's great!

As I was saying, I got a bit more work done. I went back into Scenario 2, and got through the first Enchanted Cave, but then I found myself in a fair-sized town. A lot of my time was spent on formatting/editing the townspeople's dialog. It's also important to note that most scenarios seem to have multiple endings. This will require a lot more testing on my part... :(

I hope to get a nice chunk of work done tomorrow, too!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

Do you have the information you need to make a main page update when the time comes? If not, TF or I can fix you up. Otherwise, you can send an update package our way - to one of us or the other.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

I think I need the relevant info for editing the main page. I'd hate to mess it all up ;)

btw- Satsu told me he hoped to have the remaining scripts finished weeks ago. I sent him a PM, but I have yet to hear back... :( It would be nice to have it all done, though, so Bongo` and I can put these damned menus to rest.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next