Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
Post subject: Re: Chaos Seed update?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

HotLimit wrote:
One thing is for sure - if you want something, and you pass on it because you think you'll find it cheaper somewhere else, there is a good chance you will never, ever get a chance to buy it again.

Except online. :)

This is particularly bad in Akihabara, as they tend to focus on newer stuff, but you can always find older things at Mandarake, Super Potato, and such. I found that old PC games seemed to be the things that disappeared the hardest. The stuff from the late 90s I have no idea where you'd get it at a store in Japan these days.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:06 pm 

HotLimit wrote:
One thing is for sure - if you want something, and you pass on it because you think you'll find it cheaper somewhere else, there is a good chance you will never, ever get a chance to buy it again.

Not game related, but you just reminded me of that time when - 20-something years ago - I didn't buy a VHS of an italian movie from the 70s because I thought that 40k liras (around 20 euros in today's currency) were too much for an old, used VHS. Some years later the very same VHS went out of print and now it's so rare that some collectors are selling the few remaining copies for as much as 1000 euros.

I'm still cursing at myself.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:48 am 

Yeah, that's how I feel about not picking up the (super cheap, and yes, legit) copy of Nekketsu Nikki 2 (an upgrade to the original rival schools) I found in Hong Kong, only to find that it was ultra rare in Japan. One Potatoes store even had the game on display on a little television... below the display were several (like 20) copies of the original, yet none of the actual game that was shown on the TV.

It's not that Super Potatoes* or Mandarake didn't have incredible game selections, it's just that they weren't consistent, and certainly didn't have everything (if anything) that I was looking for. I actually had equal success scouring the various BookOffs and other random game stores. Mandarake (in Akihabara, NOT Shibuya) is just more likely to have better sealed product (w/booklet + box).

*Super Potatoes, even if their selection is rather random, is a real gamers paradise. Just the love and care (and hilarious doodles) they put into their little explanations of why certain games are awesome was incredible to see. It was like, "Oh, you guys like games too!"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:05 pm 

Hey man, I do not know if this walkthrough will be useful now, but I'll pass the link anyway: http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/564346-cha ... faqs/42897

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:13 am 
Site Admin

I must admit that that particular walkthrough was EXTREMELY helpful when I was tracking down all the various endings the game has for each scenario.

Edits are progressing on the game, albeit at a very slow pace. Most of the members here at DD have had a tough year with injuries, moving, family problems, births, etc. It has been tough to get much done :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:32 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
I must admit that that particular walkthrough was EXTREMELY helpful when I was tracking down all the various endings the game has for each scenario.

Edits are progressing on the game, albeit at a very slow pace. Most of the members here at DD have had a tough year with injuries, moving, family problems, births, etc. It has been tough to get much done :(

Yeah he is really not kidding. Every time things start to improve for this person or that person and we begin to rise up and do something hobby related. life busts out that giant fly swatter and smacks us back down again. We're putting in effort where we can. Please stick with us as we work through what life deals us so we can get back to this hobby.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:

Speaking from the technical side of things, I can tell you that we have about 6 translations
done when it comes to text translation and hacking. Most of the remaining things are editing and debugging. These guys are REALLY busy with real life. Knowing what I know, it won't be an easy thing to break away from. Most of the guys know what I am going through and that has been a drain on financially and mentally. But hopefully we will break though and get back to hobby stuff. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:46 am 
Site Admin

Although Chaos Seed appears to be stuck on the back burner for the time being, we were just today talking behind the scenes about another BIG Snes RPG. The translation is done, and things are looking pretty good to progress. If things go as swimmingly as they are with Lodoss, we could be looking at a couple of releases this year, despite the obviously apparent sense of "deadness" people might be getting from the forums lately.

Although I feel bad about Chaos Seed taking so long (and for good reason), there are still a couple of presents on the way!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:05 pm 

Do not worry about the delay in the release of the game, we all know the hard work is translating a game, besides all have to take care of our lives. I signed up on the forum just to pass this walkthrough, and monitor the progress of the game, which to me is one of the wonders of the snes. Good luck in translation, and that this year will bring good things for all of us.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:23 pm 

Draken wrote:
Although Chaos Seed appears to be stuck on the back burner for the time being, we were just today talking behind the scenes about another BIG Snes RPG.

That... wouldn't happen to be Bakumatsu Korinden ONI, would it?
:salivating:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next