Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
Post subject: Re: Chaos Seed update?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:33 am 
Site Admin

Just wanted to pass along the GREAT news that WildBill is back working on this game. After (over?) a year of things being at a standstill, we can now continue. Sadly, this does mean that beta testing will be pushed into the summer at the earliest, but we will have a much better game script-wise to contend with. Thanks to all of those who have been so patient with us.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:18 pm 

Thanks for the update! Fight, Wildbill! :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:38 pm 

How's it going? Can Wildbill handle the hard difficulty of the game? :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:33 am 
Site Admin

Hahah! I will say that the cave-building parts of the game do slow him down a little, but I'm sure he's making some progress here and there. He did still have a couple of personal things to resolve, but I'm sure he's making progress here and there.

It gets hard.... This has been the first year where I see how hard it can be to really maintain this hobby at a quick pace. Right now I'm trying to juggle doing work on Lodoss, my real job, a dictation project for someone (which will probably take about 25 hours to complete), and a pregnant wife. It sure isn't easy... :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:01 am 

You guys are simply the best. Rest assured whatever work you do is greatly appreciated, even if it's only a little here and there. Just keep enjoying it - you are a remarkable team.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the support. All of you out there really do make an impact on us with your words of well wishes :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:40 pm 

Just took a trip to Japan and found a mint copy of the Saturn version of Chaos Seed. Too rich for my blood, especially considering I don't have a Saturn, but man, it was good to see they still value their classics. I think this, Umihara Kawase Shun, Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke, and Tengai Makyou II make up Japan's most treasured cult classics.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:34 am 
Site Admin

One of these days I'll make the trip to Tokyo just see the stores that are full of every possible game you could think of.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:15 am 

Heh Japan is a gamer's paradise. Always was and pretty much always will be; a Mecca to the worshippers of gamepads and whatnot.
From what I've seen, as is the case with Feda, the Saturn version of Chaos Seed seems to be the ultimate one. Having been once a Saturn owner, I'll say it is a nice dream to imagine myself working with the rest of the D-D team to bring some of its classics to English speaking audiences... a pipe dream, true, but a dream nevertheless.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:15 pm 

Ah, not to get off topic, but one thing I have to say is that these stores are NOT filled with every game imaginable. They are super impressive, though I could only find maybe 40% of what I was looking for - and that was after scouring every store in Tokyo and Osaka. Some games just had low print runs... others are probably so good that people just don't sell enough to generate a market of used copies (at least that's what I tell myself, hahaah). And it's not like I was looking for rare Turbo CD games, I'm talking GBA and GC titles...

One thing is for sure - if you want something, and you pass on it because you think you'll find it cheaper somewhere else, there is a good chance you will never, ever get a chance to buy it again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next