Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
Post subject: Re: Chaos Seed update?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:51 am 

Great to have you back Wildbill. I really missed your extensive status reports during the last couple of years. As well as your enthusiasm for writing and adapting all these lovely Japanese games to a more Western audience. There were times when I doubted you would return to DD and when I thought there weren't any new releases to come. Thankfully, this is not the case!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:29 pm 
Site Admin

ChronoMoogle wrote:
Touchscreens are not really suited for action games like Chaos Seed... I would recomment to get a emulation handheld like Pandora to play games like Terranigma, Secret of Mana and Chaos Seed on the go ;)
Good advice. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

Pete wrote:
Great to have you back Wildbill. I really missed your extensive status reports during the last couple of years. As well as your enthusiasm for writing and adapting all these lovely Japanese games to a more Western audience. There were times when I doubted you would return to DD and when I thought there weren't any new releases to come. Thankfully, this is not the case!
Hi, Pete! Good to talk to you. Well, I have been back a while, behind the scenes. I'm also dusting off Aretha-II and champing at the bit for Bongo` to get me a production package put together for Aretha-I, since Matt worked his buns off getting us a translated script in the bag for the prequel.

I'm also looking forward very much to finding a translator for Oni and getting that one rolling. I've got Lodoss War in my hands right now, considering the options of sprucing it up some more or passing it back - however the rest of the team and Red Soul (project coordinator) want to handle it. Then there's one other project I've done some extensive work on that I might or might not continue working on. Plenty to do, in any case!

I've had a ton of personal business to attend the past year-and-a half, but I'll admit to a bit of burn-out following the releases of Burning Heroes and Silva Saga-II. Unfortunately, you probably won't see me posting any more extensive status reports. The Spoiler Police sort of killed my fun and enthusiasm for doing that, driving me from the boards to stay more behind the scenes and quietly do my contribution. But I still love to write and play games and help the project teams where needed. That hasn't changed. I will continue to have my hand in story writing on some of our games, at least, and I expect that D-D on the whole will continue to be productive in releasing finished patches for the foreseeable future.

If someone out there wants to collaborate on a project some day - only if I run short of stories to work on here - I would consider rendering a professional-level script for a full-scale RPG, but only as long as I have artistic license to follow my style and localize the story without undue interference or restrictions.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:34 pm 

It's been one year since the first time I volunteered, but I'm still up for beta testing if you need someone else.

Quote:
I'm also looking forward very much to finding a translator for Oni and getting that one rolling.

That's another game I'd love to see translated, together with Traverse: Stairlight & Prairie.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:33 am 
Site Admin

Just to let you know what's going on. I'm still waiting to see if we can use a bug tracker that is not available to the public, but I'm not so sure if it's going to pan out. Until I get something up and running, I'm holding back the beta testing phase of the project.

In the meantime, if you know of any good, FREE bug tracking script that we could here at the site, which allows uploading pics/saves, let me know :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:02 pm 

Maybe here you can find one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... ng_systems

Jira is very good, but it´s proprietary.
Trac is good too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:25 am 

So pumped to play this, keep up the good work lads!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:36 am 
Site Admin

Wow, that's a pretty sweet logo!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:04 am 
Site Admin

Man, we need more people that can do that around here :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:07 am 

Pssshhh, you lads do the hard work. This is easy by comparison!

If you guys need remade logos for your project pages or whatever really then let me know, happy to contribute in whatever way I can.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next