Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
Post subject: Re: Chaos Seed update?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:39 am 
Site Admin

ChronoMoogle wrote:
Of course I am also still in the lineup of beta-testers :)
I will probably first play with emulator and later on continue on real hardware once I got my sd2snes back.
Reporting in...

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:39 am 

Awesome sauce, congrats for finishing the writing improvement-run Wildbill :)
So each beta tester will need about 80-100 playing hours, this beta test phase will probably be considerably long :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

Yep! I imagine it will be! That's kind of why I'm hoping for several people to test things out for us. Many hands should make light work (I hope!)

@WB - I'll e-mail you back tomorrow... Must get some sleep right now :) Big Congrats though, and a huge thanks on getting the project moving again.

I'll probably be contacting all testers (those chosen) later this week with details. Thanks again for your interest.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:56 pm 

Could you guys ask Pennywise if you can use his Bugtrack Lite System for the beta-phase? I worked with it in Arabian Nights and found it very handy and cool!
I gonna send you a PM with a link, Draken.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:38 am 
Site Admin

I really like that idea of using a Bug Tracker. Looking into at the moment - will let you know later if we go that route.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:09 am 

How does one sign up for Beta?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:19 am 
Site Admin

Just by posting in here, I guess. I'm more apt to choose people who have been a part of the community here for a longer time. I don't mean to discriminate or hurt people's feelings... It's more about keeping the project "safe" from the chance of being leaked. I'm sure you are all very trustworthy people, and I hope you understand. Don't let that discourage you from trying, though :D

Also, right now we're looking into getting a bug tracker implemented so that we have a great centralized area for bug reporting. I really think it's a great idea (thanks ChronoMoogle), and I'll let you know when things are ready to move forward... Hopefully soon!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:22 am 

I understand, I guess I probably should've made myself more vocal from the start as I've been closely following progress on that particular project.

Can't wait to experience this game with an actual story I can read rather than constantly referring to my notes of poorly written kanjis to get around. Good luck to the testers!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:04 am 
Site Admin

Our CS beta plays perfectly, so far, on a Windows 8 phone using SNES8x. However, the SNES emulator - unlike an NES emulator I have loaded on the same phone - apparently does not capture screen shots. So, I took some samples with a regular digital camera. The game screens are a bit fuzzy captured this way; however, they appear perfectly brilliant viewing the actual phone display.

Heh, who would have thought in the 1990's that we would be playing our own translated Super Nintendo Japanese RPGs on a dad-gum telephone someday!?

Edit: Okay, the controls are very unresponsive for me in cave-building, room cleaning, and especially fighting. First, I can't remap the buttons. For many years I have made the A button closest to me and the B button to its right. I've also switched X and Y so that all of the buttons proceed from left to right in alphabetical order. This is the way my head works and my fingers respond.

Since fighting relies on executing a combination of buttons, I don't find that a touch pad can replicate actual physical three-dimensional buttons. My conclusion is that virtual buttons on phone emulators are not very well suited for action games. The solution for me would to convert a USB game pad to a mini-USB adapter, plug it into the phone port, and somehow be able to drive it, map it, and make it work with a downloaded emulator application.

I've played Mystic Ark and DoaE-II successfully on the phone, and I find that these virtual buttons are adequate for turn-based RPGs.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:43 am 

Touchscreens are not really suited for action games like Chaos Seed... I would recomment to get a emulation handheld like Pandora to play games like Terranigma, Secret of Mana and Chaos Seed on the go ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next