Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Post subject: Re: Chaos Seed update?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:15 am 
Site Admin

@zelcanelas: Thanks for the offer to help.

If you.....

1. have the time (LOTS of it). I mean TONS, and TONS of time. This game takes over 100 hours probably to fully test. Two hours a week is too little.
2. are a native English speaker, and...
3. can check and respond to e-mails in a timely manner (you'd be surprised how many people DON'T reply when I e-mail them)

Then, I could probably use you. If you are thinking that this is more of a casual thing, then you're better off just waiting for the final patch.

@ChronoMoogle: I know we have SRMs with all scenarios unlocked, but that only helps so much... It's good if we assign people to certain chapters for testing, but doesn't make getting all the endings in those scenarios any easier. I've only had two of the beta testers contact me in the last few months, so I'm not even sure how I would divvy up the work anyway :(( Also, when loading up a chapter from an SRM, sometimes you miss little parts of the game that you would see only see when playing for the first time Spoiler:
Spoiler! :
Like the dragon naming screen

Edit: Also, don't sell yourself too short, ChronoMoogle. You, by far, have the best eye of all the beta testers. Just look at all the bugs you've reported ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:57 pm 

Thanks Draken, the time I am actually able to spend with betatesting I really try my best.

I also want to praise WildBills writing in the game again and again. The (good) ending of Chapter 5 for example was incredibly touching, I am sooo happy to replay this game again and understand all of it's story! :')

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:34 pm 
Site Admin

ChronoMoogle wrote:
Thanks Draken, the time I am actually able to spend with betatesting I really try my best.

I also want to praise WildBills writing in the game again and again. The (good) ending of Chapter 5 for example was incredibly touching, I am sooo happy to replay this game again and understand all of it's story! :')
Hey, thanks! Once I got past dungeon building and actually got fairly decent at it, I could concentrate fully on putting my soul into the story. That's because the heroine reflects the true heart of my wife, Sherry. I attempted to evoke the bittersweet scenes in the almost indescribable manner in which that lady inspires me. Even the fussing and fighting episodes are true to everyday realities in a lifelong relationship that fortunately always gravitates back to "kiss and make up" resolutions, hee-hee...!

On top of that, C. S. is a fantastic RPG. Wait until you reach the detective story. I thought it would be dull without fighting, but little did I know... Sherry actually played the detective scenario (the first time she ever laid hands on an RPG) and gave me about fifty feedback bullets. (The theme is a perfect match for her lifelong profession.) The seven or so multiple endings based on varying responses blew her mind! She is accustomed to only one ending in a story, movie, etc. The Japanese writers were groundbreaking and masterful creating this game.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:06 am 

Hi Draken,

I made an account after years of lurking(yeah...) to offer my assistance in beta testing Chaos Seed. I'd love to be a small part of this project, especially after watching it for so long. I'm a .NET developer by day so I have some beta testing/debugging experience but no real ROM hacking background. I'm a native English speaker, a solid communicator, and I'm fairly decent at time management.

Let me know if you'd like my help,

-Stew-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:21 pm 

I would probably be the last on the list, but I would love to at least offer any help to any of your ongoing projects. Technically I'm pretty good with messing around with emulators and games, of course. If what your looking for is somebody to meticulously go though the game looking for spelling/grammatical errors, i am a native English speaker. I can take screenshots and save-states or use game saves, takes notes and zip it up in a nice little package. Honestly, I have never done a beta test before, so experience-wise I'm low on that. The one thing i do have it lot of is time. I could probably spend at least 3-5hrs/weekday and even more on weekends (weekends for me are on a Monday/Tuesday). For all the hard work you all do I figure offering my help is the least i could do. Anyways, thank you and good luck on all or your endeavors! :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:45 pm 

I have absolutely zero time to be playing games, much less testing them, but I want to reiterate how happy I am that this game is getting an English treatment. Every year that goes by without Chaos Seed being in the avid gamer's lexicon is a crying shame.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:47 am 

I don't quite understand what this item is supposed to do. Can somebody help me?
Spoiler! :
Attachment:
CSeed173.png
CSeed173.png [ 32.99 KiB | Viewed 14358 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

Hehe. I'm also curious about these... I got one of the similar items at one point, but never quite figured it out. You can our translations for everything here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=76&start=30

There are actually quite a few items that I never got, and I put hundreds of hours into this game.

Edit: If I had to guess, I'd say that these "books" teach you how to obtain "secret" upgrade skills in certain rooms if the FengShui conditions are met...

Edit #2: I really think I should check some of these out... It's quite possible that the names of the upgrades written in the tomes/books won't match what is in the room upgrade menu.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:18 pm 

That's quite likely. Being books they simply provide information :D
Well... Gotta get screenshot a few more of them (or can you simply provide the description & item names?)... Would be intersting if they really work... and how the stuff they say works *g*
I already recognised that some rooms can get extra upgrades under special circumstances like a monster summon room who can attack, a Refinery which can also produce Energy or a Deposit Room which can produce Sentan for faster upgrades... It's probably about those, right?
How to met those conditions (maybe connect with this type of rooms?)... I've got no freaking idea xD So um... well.
Another strange fact: Sometimes a room can only have 5 corridors to other rooms, but sometimes more. I have no idea what exactly affects that, so I always save before I make a new connection which has to go around corners xD I am pretty sure there is a system though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:37 am 
Site Admin

It certainly gets REALLY intricate when you try to follow the "Feng Shui" way of connecting rooms. I, honestly, never bothered with it... I know WB had a better master of it than I did. If you want to see the item description for other book items, follow the link I posted in the previous post and scroll all the way to the bottom to see them :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next