Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Post subject: Re: Chaos Seed update?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:50 pm 

Hi, is it still possible to get the beta english patch from you Draken? I wouldn't mind testing it out for you if you like :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:32 am 

Any chance of adding a dedication blurb into the game for the recently deceased Neverland?

Makes me sad to see such companies go the way of the dodo.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:22 am 
Site Admin

@DSwizzy145: I have actually had a few other people contact me just before you, so they are at the top of my list of new testers at the moment. I'm not really sure if I need anyone else :( I'm sorry, but I will definitely let you know if things change.

@Garette: I may have mentioned it in another post, but I do plan on sticking in a dedication to them. I know exactly the place for it, too ;). So sad to hear about them closing... It really makes me want to go back and play through the Lufia series again to appease this feeling of nostalgia for the company.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:32 am 

Just wanted to say DSwizzy might be a good tester. I talked a lot with this guy on #snesfreaks and he is really into romhacks and tries to support those who are working on them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:31 am 

Draken wrote:
@DSwizzy145: I have actually had a few other people contact me just before you, so they are at the top of my list of new testers at the moment. I'm not really sure if I need anyone else :( I'm sorry, but I will definitely let you know if things change.

Oh nah it's cool ;) it was actually my fault for coming late to party as i had no sorta clue you were giving out beta patches to a few testers, but i'd have been looking at the progress of Chaos Seed for awhile & i'm so glad to see it in the makings :mrgreen: Thank You for taking the time to translate this wonderful game! can't wait for the final product to be finished soon. lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:43 pm 

Hello, first of all I would like to congratulate all of you for making these perfect translations. There is a game I already waiting for years to play which is the Chaos Seed and now it is in beta I can not stand to wait any longer XD, so I would like to know if you intend to launch this translation yet by the end of February. And sorry for bothering you with that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

zelcanelas wrote:
Hello, first of all I would like to congratulate all of you for making these perfect translations. There is a game I already waiting for years to play which is the Chaos Seed and now it is in beta I can not stand to wait any longer XD, so I would like to know if you intend to launch this translation yet by the end of February. And sorry for bothering you with that.
It's no bother for me, zelcanelas. I'm always up for meeting other RPG players who enjoy our translations.

I will express what may echo how others feel regarding Chaos Seed. I'm a bit disappointed that beta testing has not proceeded at a faster rate. For my part, it took me a few years and several hundred hours away from family responsibilities to accomplish what I hoped would demonstrate my best writing skills - both as a game-script hobbyist and reflecting back to times when I earned my living as as a professional writer and journalist - but the game is quite long. Beta testing to our standards can be grueling hard work. I can see 70-100 hours of effort going into this, playing the game, pursuing every multiple path, documenting all of the needed fixes, and filing reports.

If our testers have responsibilities similar to mine and the rest of our Chaos Seed team, I can understand how their time could come at a premium. Please remain patient - as all of us are trying to do.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:33 am 
Site Admin

Beta testing Chaos Seed (well, trying to oversee the testing) has been a real pain in the butt! I have better systems in place for reporting bugs; I've sent out regular e-mails (well... I was...); and I tried to give as much support as I could to those helping us out. With that said, I've had several people drop from the project for whatever reason, and now after sending out my last e-mail, I only got one single reply (Thanks ChronoMoogle). I'm not sure what to do... I don't really want to put out a request for more testers, because that puts us back at square-one, and what guarantee do I have that these people won't go the way of the dodo.

This game is TOUGH for a beta tester. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and say that it is probably the HARDEST SNES RPG for anyone to test as there are so many different winding story arcs, and the dungeon building parts of the game can slow one down for a LONG time.

Initially, I wanted the game to be out for X-mas... Now, I really have no idea when to expect it. I'm half tempted to do all the remaining testing myself (though I really don't have the time to do it efficiently), or just put it out there as a V0.99 and hope that the public notifies us of any remaining grammatical/spelling errors in order to get a full 1.00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:41 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
zelcanelas wrote:
It's no bother for me, zelcanelas. I'm always up for meeting other RPG players who enjoy our translations.

I will express what may echo how others feel regarding Chaos Seed. I'm a bit disappointed that beta testing has not proceeded at a faster rate. For my part, it took me a few years and several hundred hours away from family responsibilities to accomplish what I hoped would demonstrate my best writing skills - both as a game-script hobbyist and reflecting back to times when I earned my living as as a professional writer and journalist - but the game is quite long. Beta testing to our standards can be grueling hard work. I can see 70-100 hours of effort going into this, playing the game, pursuing every multiple path, documenting all of the needed fixes, and filing reports.

If our testers have responsibilities similar to mine and the rest of our Chaos Seed team, I can understand how their time could come at a premium. Please remain patient - as all of us are trying to do.

Not alright, I totally understand what you say, I've tried to translate once and I know how difficult and time consuming if you need help with something let me know I'll be happy to help.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:51 am 

I am still at it. But seriously, you need another Betatester which is a native English speaker. I might spot obvious typos and errors, but that's it... :( Maybe we can at least speed things a little bit up if you try to get some alternate endings with the savestate I gave WildBill some time ago Draken (or the one he created while doing his writing)? I am still on the main road of the game (getting the best endings and normally unlocking all chapters until number 9)...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next