Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
Post subject: Re: Chaos Seed update?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:03 pm 

Nothing much on TnD. I'm a tad overburdened with projects and strapped for time. I also don't do much hacking on my other projects when I have a game on the verge of release. I'm hoping to get this super cool game out sometime in August and afterwards I've set a lofty and more likely improbable goal of reaching my 40th released translation by year's end. If I can accomplish that then the outlook for Taloon might look better assuming I don't pick up more projects.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:27 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
If someone will make me an invincibility cheat...

I sent you one yesterday in an e-mail...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:21 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
If someone will make me an invincibility cheat...

I sent you one yesterday in an e-mail...
Must have missed seeing that communication somehow. BTW, been writing egg scenes off and on all through the day when I'm not building, etc.. Lots of variations, but Dag's FAQ is helping some. I take it this is not the incredible, edible egg! Heh, wanna use that cliche line somewhere...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:36 am 
Site Admin

Heh, the egg is a pretty important part of the story ;) You'll see.
I used Dag's FAQ too when I was testing. It really helped me see the multiple paths that each chapter contains.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:59 pm 

Hey guys, I really appreachiate your work on this translation and wanted to share a savestate for beta-texting. Yep, I played the game up to this point without knowledge of the japanese language. If you understand the system and use the FAQ, you can play it all the way through this way.

Attachment:
Savestate.rar [2.01 KiB]
Downloaded 635 times

This savestate has all nine quest unlocked, only the secret 10th is not avaiable yet. The plotpoints of the "detective"-scenario arent unlocked... I dumped the srm before I did them and have no access to the Retrode I did it with anymore.
Excuse my english... its not my mothertongue.

I hope this will help you in the progress :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

ChronoMoogle wrote:
Hey guys, I really appreachiate your work on this translation and wanted to share a savestate for beta-texting. Yep, I played the game up to this point without knowledge of the japanese language. If you understand the system and use the FAQ, you can play it all the way through this way.

Attachment:
Savestate.rar

This savestate has all nine quest unlocked, only the secret 10th is not avaiable yet. The plotpoints of the "detective"-scenario arent unlocked... I dumped the srm before I did them and have no access to the Retrode I did it with anymore.
Excuse my english... its not my mothertongue.

I hope this will help you in the progress :)
I appreciate this greatly, ChronoMoogle. Please don't worry about your English.

I have been working on the egg story in Scenario #2 all morning but have yet to go into the game itself and polish each screen. Hopefully, once I finish the file work, Draken's cheats will enable me to survive long enough to move forward to Scenario #3.

I have played Secret of Mana and several Zelda games to conclusion, but action games are not my usual genre. Beyond super strong adversaries, that Feng Shui "system" is what's befuddling me the most, that, and time factors. I expect the manual Eine and Red Soul are putting together will help me in those departments. My aim is to see every random string in the files in the game. What I don't catch, I hope the testers will find so we may correct any discrepancies that slip through my cracks.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:44 pm 

If you are not used to the controls I highly recomment playing Terranigma. It has nearly the same 3-button attack system and you don't need to worry about tactical stuff. I always felt like Chaos Seed is Terranigma 2.0 for people who seek for challenge and since Terranigma is my favorite game of all time I want to see the credits of the 10th scenario one day... :mrgreen:

You need to learn the controls carefully to be successfull with this game. I even killed all enemys in the longest scenario (7) without any troubles because I am very familiar with the attack combinations. But the endbosses are really tough... be prepared for the snake-alike dragon in the minidragon-chapter :D One of the hardest Bosses on the whole console IMO. Healing is very important to keep your Senjuu alive... they dont fight like pros but help to distract enemies.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

ChronoMoogle wrote:
If you are not used to the controls I highly recomment playing Terranigma. It has nearly the same 3-button attack system and you don't need to worry about tactical stuff. I always felt like Chaos Seed is Terranigma 2.0 for people who seek for challenge and since Terranigma is my favorite game of all time I want to see the credits of the 10th scenario one day... :mrgreen:

You need to learn the controls carefully to be successfull with this game. I even killed all enemys in the longest scenario (7) without any troubles because I am very familiar with the attack combinations. But the endbosses are really tough... be prepared for the snake-alike dragon in the minidragon-chapter :D One of the hardest Bosses on the whole console IMO. Healing is very important to keep your Senjuu alive... they dont fight like pros but help to distract enemies.
Thanks for the game play tips. I finished about 85% of Terranigma years ago. Although it got tougher toward the end, I was holding my own, but the game locked in my old version emulator.

Heh, I didn't need to learn a system in Terranigma - just the moves! Anyway, using Draken's cheats, I finally got to the Dragon Furnace in #2, but no humans attacked me this time from above ground. Anyway, I can see the egg for the first time. I can write a better story if I see all the visuals and hear the music. That's my role - primarily - story writer. The quicker I do my job, the sooner we'll release. Someday, after we unlock the 10th scenario, I'll try to play this game honestly! Now, due to what you said, all of the Terranigma fans out there will want us to hurry up and finish!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:43 am 
Site Admin

Oooooo-kay... I just finished Scenario #2 - sorta. This is the "egg" scenario.
Spoiler! :
I finished the one in which I break the egg on purpose and fight the phoenix-looking bird.

Now, I must go back and play through the other 42 possible Scenario #2 endings!
Spoiler! :
Seriously, I must let the egg be stolen and go through a lengthy process of warping above ground, retrieving it from the temple, and playing a few side quests. The other main variation involves protecting the egg all the way to the finish.
Other variations are possible, but these are the main three themes: egg protected, egg lost, and egg broken. Thus, I have two more main ending categories to go, but I don't believe "egg protected" will be lengthy.

So, Drakee... When I wrap up #2, do I plow on into #3, or do you want it handed back for a while? One thing I noticed... Whenever I fight scenario characters, the enemy names appear to be hosed in battle sometimes. I'm not sure if this is related to the cheats or what.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

That was the original plan. I'm not so sure where I stand now... It's been soooo long since I've done any work, and it would take me a long time just to get back in the swing of things. I'll be happy to take the project back on, though. I miss all the work I had put in. Just doing the first 3 scenarios took sooooooo many hours to test and edit.

As far as enemy names being messed up. Bongo` told me a while ago that it may have to do with your SRM. Because many changes have been made to enemy names when editing, it has gotten messed up... Basically, if you were to start a fresh game, with a fresh SRM, then everything should look fine. I think...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next