Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Glitches found in Chaos Seed (bad checksum at fault?)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:46 pm 

I was about to report some glitches found while playing Scenario 3, but noticed at the last second that the rom says bad checksum when I start it, so be warned (I have no idea if that could be the culprit or not).

The glitches:
1) A corridor joined between 3 rooms and made a mess in the map and feng-shui flow etc, you can even get stuck appearing right in the middle of one of the game's buildings
2) After building 2 rooms at the left edge of the map, and using a water incense on the bottom one, the game doesn't show how the feng-shui works in those rooms
3) When you get near the rooms from the glitch #1, you will see corrupted graphics in the walls, after that, the entire map will have corrupted walls, at least until the turn ends iirc

I'm uploading a rar with my patched rom and some saves from before and after the glitch, hope this is somewhat helpful to the translating team and not an annoyance. Here's the rar https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U7Lgo ... QLOeA0fo0W (tried to upload it directly but got this message "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached")

Post subject: Re: Glitches found in Chaos Seed (bad checksum at fault?)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, undarkmel, and thanks for taking the time to report the issues you've been seeing. Although it has been ages since working on the game, I also remember running into a few minor bugs here and there in the game. The game CAN get a little screwy if you rely too much on save states, so that is something to avoid if you can. I remember running into bugs that I was unable to reproduce when it came time to decode what was going on. In addition, there are several bugs in the original game (maybe even the ones you saw) that are also present in the translation. I haven't yet checked the specific bugs you reported, so I can't say for certain.

I'm fairly certain it has nothing to do with the checksum. Bad checksums are pretty common on games that have been hacked (...aren't they?).

Hopefully Taskforce can fix the problem with attachment quotas :(

Thanks again for the report. I'll look into it when I get the time.