Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: In Case You Guys Gave Up Hope...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:52 am 

The clarification of the word "nekketsu":

Main Entry: hot-blooded
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: passionate
Synonyms: amorous, ardent, aroused, blazing, burning, concupiscent, desirous, dithyrambic, erotic, fervent, fervid, fiery, flaming, glowing,

heated, heavy*, hot*, impassioned, lascivious, libidinous, loving, lustful, perfervid, prurient, red-hot, romantic, scorchin
* = informal/non-formal usage

As a reminder, hot-blooded and burning have the same meaning.
But for this game, it just means burning.

The prologue in BH manual or BH guide book which states at the beginning of the paragraph that
"Burningal Continent is located to the south of the world map..."
It's possible that the name "nekketsu tairiku (burning contintent)" originate from "Burningal Continent (burningal tairiku)."

プロローグ
世界地図の南方に位置するバーニンガル大陸。 戦争という言葉が語られなくなってから、
戦場の華であった戦士…強き者達は、子供達の憧憬から外され、物語の中へ埋もれた。
戦士なぞ夢想者の虚け…と、親は子をたしなめ、子は親に安定を望む時代に突如、天より魔が降り立った。
天魔事変…この時、職業軍人では抗なう術もなく、人々は常軌を逸した事変に驚愕するばかりであった。
「戦士アダム…我、天魔を滅殺す!」
予想だにされなかった戦士の出現で、天魔事変は急速に幕を閉じた…。
そして7年という短い時が経ち、戦士は再び物語の中に埋もれたが、その芽は細々と息吹きつつあった……。
(説明書より)

On the battle menu, there is a nekketsuchi (burning count/gauge/meter).
Every time the heroes get hit by the enemies, their burning count/gauge/meter raises.
When the burning count/gauge/meter reaches 100%,
the hero gets to summons a dragon which is known as a burning dragon.
Each of 8 heroes has a burning dragon according to their soul colors (fire, wind, water, earth, nature),
and they can do a burning attack (nekketsu no kougeki) to an enemy or boss. Each burning attack begins with the word "burning."
As the heroes level up, their burning dragon becomes more powerful.

The burning attack of Ryu's burning dragon is burning cannon, burning napalm, burning meteor.
The burning attack of Raira's burning dragon is burning thunder, burning reflect, burning laser.
The burning attack of Gaou's burning dragon is burning storm, burning bomber, burning fire.
The burning attack of Nahga's burning dragon is burning dance, burning rock, burning earth.
The burning attack of Rouga's burning dragon is burning aqua, burning shower, burning kaiser.
The burning attack of Shen's burning dragon is burning stone, burning rush, burning cloud.
The burning attack of Shokora's burning dragon is burning water, burning ice bomb, burning blizzard.
The burning attack of Mevious's burning dragon is burning tornado, burning spike, burning flash.

If this game had been released commerically in the states, it would have been called BURNING HEROES.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

Ritchie wrote:

Synonyms: amorous, ardent, aroused, blazing, burning, concupiscent, desirous, dithyrambic, erotic, fervent, fervid, fiery, flaming, glowing,

heated, heavy*, hot*, impassioned, lascivious, libidinous, loving, lustful, perfervid, prurient, red-hot, romantic, scorchin

The prologue in BH manual or BH guide book which states at the beginning of the paragraph that
It's possible that the name "nekketsu tairiku (burning contintent)" originate from "Burningal Continent (burningal tairiku)."

プロローグ
「戦士アダム…我、天魔を滅殺す!」
(説明書より)

Every time the heroes get hit by the enemies, their burning count/gauge/meter raises.
Each of 8 heroes has a burning dragon according to their soul colors (fire, wind, water, earth, nature),
and they can do a burning attack (nekketsu no kougeki) to an enemy or boss. Each burning attack begins with the word "burning."

The burning attack of Ryu's burning dragon is burning cannon, burning napalm, burning meteor.
The burning attack of Raira's burning dragon is burning thunder, burning reflect, burning laser.
The burning attack of Gaou's burning dragon is burning storm, burning bomber, burning fire.
The burning attack of Nahga's burning dragon is burning dance, burning rock, burning earth.
The burning attack of Rouga's burning dragon is burning aqua, burning shower, burning kaiser.
The burning attack of Shen's burning dragon is burning stone, burning rush, burning cloud.
The burning attack of Shokora's burning dragon is burning water, burning ice bomb, burning blizzard.
The burning attack of Mevious's burning dragon is burning tornado, burning spike, burning flash.

If this game had been released commercially in the states, it would have been called BURNING HEROES.
Based upon everything you just said, Ritchie, help us make this decision. Would you personally strike the subtitle Hot-blooded Continent (AKA Burning Continent) from the title page in any form, leaving it just Burning Heroes?

I know you have a full plate, Ritchie, but if you find the time and want to translate that manual in whole or part, we will release it with the completed BH patch, maybe even as a graphical product! Red Soul is good with that sort of graphical conversion, if he wants to do it. A page along here and there would be a good way to tackle such a job, starting with the part of the prologue you have right here. We will do the three world maps, too, which should be fairly easy once we refine and standardize all the names. We may end up with a sizable zip file, but many players will use and appreciate these extras, along with your FAQ!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Ritchie wrote:

プロローグ
「戦士アダム…我、天魔を滅殺す!」
(説明書より)

If this game had been released commercially in the states, it would have been called BURNING HEROES.
Based upon everything you just said, Ritchie, help us make this decision. Would you personally strike the subtitle Hot-blooded Continent (AKA Burning Continent) from the title page in any form, leaving it just Burning Heroes?

I know you have a full plate, Ritchie, but if you find the time and want to translate that manual in whole or part, we will release it with the completed BH patch, maybe even as a graphical product! Red Soul is good with that sort of graphical conversion, if he wants to do it. A page along here and there would be a good way to tackle such a job, starting with the part of the prologue you have right here. We will do the three world maps, too, which should be fairly easy once we refine and standardize all the names. We may end up with a sizable zip file, but many players will use and appreciate these extras, along with your FAQ!

Burning Heroes. I say drop the hot-blooded. My two cents

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:17 am 
Site Admin

I'll have to agree with Draken and Bongo`. The "Hot-Blooded Continent" sounds a bit strange. We should probably just stick with Burning Heroes. I mean, although the game is called "Nekketsu Tairiku Burning Heroes", most people just call it "Burning Heroes".

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:50 pm 

The title screen looks very good. I look forward to working with FlashPV to internationalize Feda even further also.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:36 am 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
The title screen looks very good. I look forward to working with FlashPV to internationalize Feda even further also.
See if you can contact him when you get a spare moment. We've got to find someone to draw the 20-odd characters on tiles (patterned after the existing font), so Bongo` can load them into the table file and design special keying procedures to display and insert them. That's all we need to do to jump start this international thing! Make sure we have any extra letters we might need for Romanian, as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:32 am 

I'll try to reach him through RHDN, could take a while but its my best bet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:53 pm 

I wanted to respond you earlier on RHDN but my message was blocked (?). I'm glad that you like my title screen for Burning Heroes and I can't wait to work on Feda. Maybe you could already send me the script so I can begin the translation work. Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything else. See you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:16 pm 

Blocked? really? that's weird. Anyway, I'm guessing you're fine with working with the script with the changes I applied?
Once everything's been OK'd I'll send the files for you for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
Blocked? really? that's weird. Anyway, I'm guessing you're fine with working with the script with the changes I applied?
Once everything's been OK'd I'll send the files for you for sure.
Here's my okay... Thanks, FlashPV!