Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post subject: Re: Basic Insertion System in Place - A Huge Milestone!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:37 am 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
Hey the pictures in the update look great, considering what you said with the font, are you trying to translate this game into several languages like Portuguese and Romanian?
That is exactly the case. I want to make the insertion system available to Recca and Red Soul in the early stages and let them develop those language versions concurrently.

I also hope we can retrofit Feda and Mystic Ark with similar built-in international font support - in due course. If so, I will try to contact the Frenchman who wants to do Feda in his language.

The Oceania font: http://www.dafont.com/oceania.font

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:34 am 
Site Admin

Nice post on the main page, bud! Looks like we're all working hard on our own little pet projects right now. hehe. I've got Chaos Seed; you've got Burning Heroes; and Taskforce has Hourai... Hopefully, we can have a nice release list in 2010 ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:57 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
ultpaladin wrote:
Hey the pictures in the update look great, considering what you said with the font, are you trying to translate this game into several languages like Portuguese and Romanian?
That is exactly the case. I want to make the insertion system available to Recca and Red Soul in the early stages and let them develop those language versions concurrently.

I also hope we can retrofit Feda and Mystic Ark with similar built-in international font support - in due course. If so, I will try to contact the Frenchman who wants to do Feda in his language.

The Oceania font: http://www.dafont.com/oceania.font

Whoa, thank you for all your efforts! Translating BH into Portuguese and Romanian after we finish with the English translation sounds great! The dialogue in the screenshots on the main page certainly look very nice! A lot more polished than in first script insertion test ones. And like Draken said, it sounds like a great list of releases for 2010! :D

Edit: I just checked out the Oceania font at the link above. Does it show all available characters on that site which the font supports? If so, it doesn't seem to have all the Romanian "accent" letters. It only has the two circumflex ones shown on the site (on the a and i).

Here's the list of all of the Romanian unicode letters (Unicode UTF-8):
Capital letters: Î Â Ă Ş Ţ
Lower case letters: î â ă ş ţ

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:07 pm 

Hey guys,
Just wanted to let you know how grateful a lot of people are for your work on that project.

I haven't played the game much myself, but from what I read, it sounds a bit like the Romancing Saga from Enix, what with all the characters, etc. It looks simply amazing.

Just one question: on the site page, the last sentence of the update reads:

This Burning Hearts update is being provided by the four active project team members who are submitting major work on a regular basis.

Is Burning Hearts the final name of the project?

Anyway, thanks again and keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

Yuka wrote:
Is Burning Hearts the final name of the project?

Since the game is based upon a universal fantasy culture, some time ago, our consensus was to remove Roomaji Japanese from part of our project's official title. We decided to treat the translation of the Hiragana portion - Hot-blooded Continent - as a subtitle (although in reverse order), similar to the full name of one of our other patches, Destiny of an Emperor - The Story of Zhuge Liang.

On the title page, once we find someone to convert it, we proposed to keep the layout and colors the same, displaying Burning Heroes toward the middle in large print and adding Hot-blooded Continent in smaller red letters just above it. On the splash page we may display the title this way: Hot-blooded Continent - Burning Heroes, or we could end up reversing that order (no discussion or decision yet). I'm not sure if we will try to vary the font size of the subtitle on the splash page. In house, we refer to the work as just BH.

At one time I wanted to call it this: The Burning Heroes of the Hot-blooded Continent! If what we do was summed up succinctly, the key word - I think - would be translation.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

I think he was more concerned with the fact the update put Hearts not Heroes in the final sentence :) (and I thought we voted to just drop the Hot Blooded Continent altogether)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:57 pm 
Site Admin

The more I hear "hot-blooded continent", the more I cringe...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:29 pm 
Hmmm, this "hot-blooded continent" seems out of place.

Maybe it's better to leave it in japanese, and translate only the "Burning Heroes" title.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
I think he was more concerned with the fact the update put Hearts not Heroes in the final sentence :) (and I thought we voted to just drop the Hot Blooded Continent altogether)
Hearts? Oh, yeah... So I did, hee-hee... Well, surely everyone knows what I MEANT.

I can't remember the whole go-round, but I'm all in favor of getting the whole sub-title thing outta there, especially the Roomaji option.

Oh, BTW... Bongo` has fixed a crash glitch at the Jumping Shoes juncture. This means I could go on with serious writing as far as translated script will carry me and I can get by in battles without English support. However, we are at the font refinement stage now, working out the kinks in the new VWF routine. CPL is running quite low as well, around 22-23, so there is no point in doing a lot of writing until the font situation is stable. In other words, major font work needs to be resolved before it makes any sense to go further with the story, hopefully achieving something in the neighborhood of 28-32 CPL.

Not to worry. I just released Slayers V0.27 to Bongo` and Filler, written through Crimson Town. Red Soul will get a Slayers update once I incorporate his fixes and get everything up to about V0.34. I only sent Filler the latest because he likes to play it on the weekends. This is the Slayers partial alpha version, of course. This game is hysterical, BTW!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

WildBill:

The Windows font for "System" set at 10point looks ok. I can make a snap and upload it later.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next