Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Spot Translation Requests for Burning Heroes
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:19 pm 
Site Admin

I have opened a new topic for small translation assistance requests.

In this first one, I need assistance with clarifying a few strings I translated myself and full translations of a few more strings in this very small block.

I didn't want to trouble Ritchie with a direct request on this, rather let him choose his own working order. Block 67 is one of many small dumps that I refer to as "un-built bridges". This means they stand between two large blocks that are already translated. Block 67 - The Rouge Checkpoint - happens to stand between Shield City and Rouge Trail. Completing Rouge Trail opens the way to Sky Castle which is not translated yet, but some scenarios beyond Sky Castle are already translated. So it goes. All of these places mentioned are in World-II.

All of the checkpoints in BH are guarded by soldiers, so that part of Block 67 is straightforward. All require a passport or some previous clearing action to open the way. In Rouge Checkpoint, a soldier is blocking the door to a support hut, and two more soldiers are blocking the gate to a road leading south to Rouge Trail. The strange thing is that a talking rabbit and some other NPC seem to be barricaded inside the hut. Since multiple characters pass through this checkpoint in different scenarios, something must cause the soldier to step aside at some point. All I know right now is that character Gaou can get through the main gate to Rouge Trail if he has the Passport item, but he cannot enter the hut.

Finally, the other character inside the hut seems to have a weird name such as "Bell" or "Tin" or "Tinplate", which might relate to Hero Naga. Another reading suggests that Character おすず may be some type of Passport Clerk or something. This game indeed has some strange features!

Finally, the reason I'm doing this right now is to enable Recca and Red Soul to play each of the eight scenarios as deeply into World-II as possible. I am finally writing again after six months of being diverted to personal tasks, and I feel good about the way BH's story is developing. With a little effort now, I figure I can wrap up the BH V0.64 Alpha in a few days and turn immediately to another game script that I need to catch up even more and make good progress with that while waiting for more translated BH blocks from Ritchie.

;--------------------------------;
; ;
; Script dump for Burning Heroes ;
; ;
;--------------------------------;

.PTRTABLE = $0011DC0F ; Pointer Count: 14
.TEXT-ADJ = $001C
.DTE = $1
.COMP = $1
.START = $0011DC2B
.MAXIMUM = $0011DDB6

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 0011DC2B
.REL-PTR = $0011DC0F

;      紅の関所
.TEXT
Rouge Checkpoint (Blk 067)
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 0011DC37
.REL-PTR = $0011DC11

; 兵士
; 「ここのドアは
; たてつけが悪くて
; 開けることができなくなって
; しまったんだ
.TEXT
Soldier: Something or
someone is blocking the
door. We've been unable
to open it.
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 0011DC65
.REL-PTR = $0011DC13

; 兵士
; 「ここは紅の関所です
.TEXT
Soldier: This is the Rouge
Checkpoint.
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 0011DC78
.REL-PTR = $0011DC15

; 兵士
; 「アツドムとかいう怪八が
;  『紅の山道』に入ったという
; 情報がありました
; キケンですので
; 民間八のかたの通行を
; しばらく止めさせていただきます 
.TEXT
Soldier: I guess there's no
harm in telling you that
Addoma entered the Rouge
Trail a short time ago.
I must be careful, however,
not to divulge any military
intelligence concerning the
top leadership's activities!
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 0011DCD2
.REL-PTR = $0011DC17

; 兵士
; 「ここの南には『紅の山道』が
; あります
.TEXT
Soldier: The Rouge Trail is
to the south.
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 0011DCF0
.REL-PTR = $0011DC19

; 兵士
; 「ここから先は通行止めです
.TEXT
Soldier: The road is closed
from here.
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 0011DD06
.REL-PTR = $0011DC1B

; ラビツト
; 「まってたわ!
.TEXT
Rabbit: I've been waiting
for you!
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 0011DD14
.REL-PTR = $0011DC1D

; おすず
; 「おまちしてましたですぅ
.TEXT

.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 0011DD26
.REL-PTR = $0011DC1F

; ラビツト
; 「ここはスペシャルステ―ジ…
; 逃げたりしたら、おしおきよっ!
.TEXT
Rabbit:
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 0011DD4D
.REL-PTR = $0011DC21

; おすず
; 「それでは行きますですぅ
.TEXT

.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 0011DD60
.REL-PTR = $0011DC23

; ラビツト
; 「あ―ん、ママぁ……
.TEXT
Rabbit:
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 0011DD72
.REL-PTR = $0011DC25

; おすず
; 「や―ん
.TEXT

.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 0011DD7C
.REL-PTR = $0011DC27

; ラビツト
; 「……そういうわけで
; こんなわけでスペシャバトルは
; おしまいよっ
.TEXT
Rabbit:
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 0011DDA3
.REL-PTR = $0011DC29

; おすず
; 「それでは失礼しますぅ
.TEXT

.ENDT

Post subject: Re: Spot Translation Requests for Burning Heroes
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks to Ritchie for sending translated Block 67 today. He answered my question about
Spoiler! :
the Rabbit and a character called "Ozuzu". I can say so far that 7 of the 8 heroes haven't opened the blocked door at Rouge Checkpoint yet. In my current work, Naga is chasing Phantom Addoma to Ash Fort as I type.
I have yet to play the now eleven newly translated blocks all the way through Mevius, the 8th hero.
Spoiler! :
Maybe the aggressive Iris will force open that blocked door! The other six heroes are either standing outside Sky Castle or waiting on the other side of World-II for the D-D BH translation team to open up their next stages when newly translated blocks arrive.

I am guessing that Ritchie read this post because he answered my question and emailed the info and trans, so I am cancelling this spot request. Here, I didn't want to bother him on this, and he responded anyway! So, Ritchie, if you're reading this, too, I will just casually mention that Sky Castle and three more roads, trails, or paths - Blue, Levitation, and Devil's - will really bust World-II wide open for all eight characters!!

Thanks again, good friend!

Oh, and Recca, I received your reports. In about two days, I will send you a much more refined working beta that will include Block 67. This will bring us to V0.66, 2/3s completed. Yay!

Actually, here is most if not all of World-II's mysteries that remain to be unwrapped. The place names may change slightly. Ritchie already translated the bridge block to World-III, so with World-I finished, everything is looking really fine for BH.

Block 022 - Sky Castle

Block 025 - Floating (Levitation) Road
Block 026 - Devil's Road
Block 027 - Blue Road

Block 029 - Ruins Village
Block 030 - Ruins - Buried Shrine
Block 031 - Rock Fort
Block 032 - Waterfall Mountain Path

Block 034 - Dark Tower

Edited to expand and add progress graphic...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

Just a minor note; おすず translates as "Osuzu". Hm, I don't quite recall seeing a character with this name, nor do I remember any mention of a rabbit of any kind while playing... Do these characters appear in all eight scenarios or just certain ones?

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:24 am 
Site Admin

Bill, don't forget about those spoiler tags :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:16 am 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Just a minor note; おすず translates as "Osuzu". Hm, I don't quite recall seeing a character with this name, nor do I remember any mention of a rabbit of any kind while playing... Do these characters appear in all eight scenarios or just certain ones?
Spoiler! :
Ritchie pointed out that both Rabbit and Osuzu show up in the names list in the misc files, but I have yet to see these two characters appear in the game. Their strings are in the Rouge Checkpoint block (#67), and that is the place with the barricaded hut door. I get the feeling this may be a bonus encounter that must be unlocked somehow, rather like a debugger room, but I see none of the usual debugger-related language and menues such as we had in Mystic Ark. I must say I'm perplexed at this point, and it will be an even bigger mystery if Mevius and Iris can't unlock this hut room at Rouge Checkpoint in scenario #8. I will send you the new translated block soon, and you will see exactly what Rabbit and Osuzu are saying in their strings. I will also send you Ritchie's translation notes, and you can join in the search to unlock Rabbit and Osuzu.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:17 am 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
Bill, don't forget about those spoiler tags :)
Yah, yah... I dizzed out on this-un... Again!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:08 am 
Site Admin

And I haven't forgotten about the font either. I just don't have time atm. I should later this week or next though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:21 am 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
And I haven't forgotten about the font either. I just don't have time atm. I should later this week or next though.
I will update you in a few days when I crunch in everything Ritchie sent, clean up the formatting a bit more, and crank in Recca's reports. I feel good writing again and have a huge task to finish as soon as I catch up with BH. The one to which I am referring should go smoother for me after a certain manual is roughed together a bit more and I print out selected pages relating to the more complicated mysteries of Feng Shui, hee-hee! I really want to do my part without using cheats and master the full challenge of the game.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:37 pm 

Aye, Aye, working on it, its just some parts of the superimposition are being really troublemsome to finish in a satisfactory way ^.^'
I'll try to pace things up though or I won't be able to fill any BH reports in time with Recca's highly efficient test playing LOL.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:02 am 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
Aye, Aye, working on it, its just some parts of the superimposition are being really troublemsome to finish in a satisfactory way ^.^'
I'll try to pace things up though or I won't be able to fill any BH reports in time with Recca's highly efficient test playing LOL.
Nah, don't rush your work. One thing I will mention - regarding that first sample page you shared - I printed the whole thing out as large as I could on a full sheet of paper, using a Konica color laser printer. That means I produced a sheet almost double the size or scale of the original manual. I could read everything just fine on this hard copy version, but it wouldn't hurt if the smallest fonts were just a tad larger, if the applicable paragraphs will still fit into their allotted spaces. I don't want to stop the presses, however, if increasing a few font sizes causes major time and labor intensive consequences.

Has anyone else, printed out the sample page for visual test purposes? Maybe it would enjoy higher resolution on ink jet.

As for BH, look at it this way. You will enjoy playing much of the game without having to pause constantly and record the usual plethora of small glitches!