Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next
Post subject: Re: BH Dialogue Translation Progress
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry Wildbill, had to edit you a bit there, that really needs a spoiler tag.

Anyway, I've got the package and just as soon as I find a tile editor that likes those files of Bongo`. I'll get on a font alteration or overhaul. Just depends.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:26 am 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
Sorry Wildbill, had to edit you a bit there, that really needs a spoiler tag.

Anyway, I've got the package and just as soon as I find a tile editor that likes those files of Bongo`. I'll get on a font alteration or overhaul. Just depends.
Heh, that's why ya get the big bucks! Anyhoo, I've gotta figure out how and when to use that new spoiler feature you installed.

As for the font, do you like that Oceania style personally? I'm figuring you will strive toward something that reads well for you and displays clearly in a multiplicity of playing options.

Everyone else, I haven't sent you the newly translated blocks yet and updated your alpha version because one of the new blocks may be crashing the game. What I must do is check everything thoroughly, insert one block at a time, check it again, and proceed to the next one. So, give me some leeway, please! I'm at the height of the building season, too, and I have scads of sub-contractors and family members drifting in and out of here - in other words - constant distractions. Grrr...!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:36 am 
Site Admin

Yuka wrote:
Thanks for all the additional details! Just a few quick questions for those who played and know the game well: do all the scenarios merge in the end to complete the story? (a la Live-a-Live or Rudra?) Or do the characters from the different scenarios join each other a la Roma SaGa? (except for the ones that are villains to one another)?

And finally: how long do you reckon a complete playthrough takes, appoximately? (All 8 scenarios).

Many thanks in advance!

No, it's not quite like Rudra no Hihou. As Wildbill said, the hero and his or her mercenaries (though you don't pay them and many join as comrades) are the ones that enter the final stage and confront the last boss which is the same for all eight characters. The ending is basically the same in the sense that the last boss will be defeated, but each ending is a little different for each of the eight characters.

Furthermore, each character has a "rival" that's to the right of them on the character selection screen. Ryuu and Rouga are rivals, along with Laila and Shen, Gaou and Chocolate, and Naga and Mevius. Depending on whom you play as, that character will defeat their rival, but not kill them from what I've seen. And again as well Wildbill said, the player will have to fight against their favorite character(s) when playing the other scenarios. In order to get the true/full ending, all eight scenarios must be completed. The three worlds in this game are the same for all eight charaters as in Rudra no Hihou, but the story and dialogues are different. And some of the characters go to different places and fight against different bosses than others which gives it a lot of replay value. It's a really great game!

As for how long this game takes; each scenario took me about 2-3 days to complete, so all eight scenarios would take anywhere from two weeks to a month to finish. I guess it depends on how much you level grind and such. I tend to complete all parts of an RPG.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:10 am 
Site Admin

I kind of like it. However I do think it needs some modification. In the end who knows what I'll come up with :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:05 pm 

Thanks for the answers! I'm quite the grinding freak and completionist as well, so that'll keep me busy for a while. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:45 pm 
Site Admin

Recca and RS, I have sent you a PM with a link to download V0.63. Let me know if you have any problems. Later, I will send the raw translations of the 10 new blocks for backup purposes - by email.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:16 am 

No problems at all on my end Bill, I'm ready to continue testing as needed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:04 pm 
Site Admin

So far so good. I haven't hit any freeze points or anything like that yet. By the way, should I focus on completing the scenarios up to world 2 or all the way to world 3 during beta testing? On a different note, the text is looking very nice and polished so far!

Edit: Not very important for now, but I noticed that after beating the last boss, the screen will turn black at the credits where it should show the character you played as running in a forest. At least it's better than the older versions before V.0.63 which froze the game right after beating the final boss. The original Japanese version doesn't do this, so I think it's a bug in our version of some kind.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
So far so good. I haven't hit any freeze points or anything like that yet. By the way, should I focus on completing the scenarios up to world 2 or all the way to world 3 during beta testing? On a different note, the text is looking very nice and polished so far!

Edit: Not very important for now, but I noticed that after beating the last boss, the screen will turn black at the credits where it should show the character you played as running in a forest. At least it's better than the older versions before V.0.63 which froze the game right after beating the final boss. The original Japanese version doesn't do this, so I think it's a bug in our version of some kind.
I'm sure Bongo` will squash that bug in due course.

Nothing much to do now until I get time to format the new blocks and get cracking on CS, too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:14 pm 

I guess I'll test the places I had noted for issues on the last version then for now, to see if they've been cleared in the current one.
Its good to know the ending sequence is less buggy now, I'm pretty sure Bongo' will work his magic as usual and get it fixed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next