Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Post subject: Re: BH Dialogue Translation Progress
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:31 pm 

Gotta love those numbers on the project page:

Progress (Translation)
87%
Progress (Production)
72%

:D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:20 am 
Site Admin

Jhutch321 wrote:
Amazing work guys! Really looking forward to this masterpiece! As always, thanks again for all your extraordinary work!!
You're welcome, Jhutch321. Appreciate hearing from you again.

For the team: I have formatted and done a bit of polishing of all the finished World-III files that I have on hand. The World-III story makes perfect sense to me, so far, but it will need further refinements for overruns, context, and additional polish. I will need to play all eight characters to near the end of the game to understand how some of the strings fit together because their block positions are not always chronological.

Technically, we are at V0.87 beta now, but I see no reason to upload my latest work until we have the remaining World-II blocks inserted and are able to bridge the gaps with English. Nevertheless, if anyone wants to play through the untranslated blocks and skip ahead to World-III, let me know, and I'll upload the latest version of the package.

So tonight, other than checking a few pages of Ritchie's corrections to strings throughout the game, I'm caught up with everything I can do with BH at the moment. Tomorrow, I may play Ryuu past the Star Key, enter World-III, and see what's what. If so, I'll post a few World-III graphics in English for the first time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:00 am 

nice updates always good to hear how this game is coming along:)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:45 pm 

Woah, Beta? This is great. I'm surprised to see how fast this is coming along.

I can tell there's so much time and dedication that goes into this, I'd love to have that motivation someday.

Backloggery :: Youtube

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:05 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the encouragement sidsayian and Zetshiro - everyone who monitors - and here's an update:

Ritchie sent three more large blocks on Sunday. I have updated the project page. http://www.dynamic-designs.us/burningheroes.shtml

We're at V0.91 Alpha and V0.78 beta. Six of the eight characters may now play through their Star Key chapters in English. This is at the very end of World-II. I have polished Ryuu and Rouga since yesterday.

The only gaps left in World-II now are these three blocks:

Block 026 - Devil's Road - Ryuu and Rouga & Laila and Shen - World-II
Block 034 - Dark Tower - Gaou and Chocolate & Naga and Mevius - World-II
Block 062 - Star Key - Naga and Mevius - World-II

The only gaps left in World-III are these four blocks:

Block 039 - Cosmion

Block 063 - Cosmion Antenna
Block 064 - Cosmion Antenna
Block 065 - Cosmion Antenna
Block 066 - Cosmion Antenna

These are large blocks. Please be patient. Meanwhile, here is some new English from the working ROM:

Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:59 pm 

you guys are awesome! Those pics are beautiful and makes me want to play this even more. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication, it really is amazing work, the time and effort you put into these! It just blows my mind to see these projects come so far and look so good, and you all do this with having your lives, and work and everything else thrown together!! its really cool and inspiring see the passion you have for this. just need to let you all know I really appreciate the work you guy do here, so thanks again and again, your dedicated fan and cheerleader -jhutch!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

Jhutch321 wrote:
you guys are awesome! Those pics are beautiful and makes me want to play this even more. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication, it really is amazing work, the time and effort you put into these! It just blows my mind to see these projects come so far and look so good, and you all do this with having your lives, and work and everything else thrown together!! its really cool and inspiring see the passion you have for this. just need to let you all know I really appreciate the work you guy do here, so thanks again and again, your dedicated fan and cheerleader -jhutch!!
You're welcome, Jhutch321. Heh, I gotta tell you and everyone who might be interested; I'm up to my eyeballs with Silva Saga-II refinements, on the cusp of passing it to Red Soul for the next coat of polish. We're also set to surge on Aretha-II. But Sunday morning, when I opened my e-mail browser to check traffic I already knew was there, I 'bout fell out of my chair when I saw the missive didn't concern those other two games.

It was from Ritchie!

Breathing much faster now, my eyes dipped immediately to the attachment headers below to wallow in the sheer joy of receiving newly translated blocks. Okay, the same thing happens whenever Shiva, Filler, and Eien send translated material, too - and I also recall the old days when Akujin, Faraday, and others forwarded updates to huge scripts in work.

I suppose the next most exciting experience happens when Bongo` expands the space for us to create the stories, followed by when Bongo` fixes badly mutilated menus (*Hint, hint!*). When all of this starts coming together and the screens turn "pretty", I become almost giddy whenever I sit down to dive into a game to work on it some more. I don't know why, but these sensations have never lessened with time. Yes, I pursue many other activities that excite me greatly, but helping create these works is special. Hearing from you and others who love these vintage games infuses me with a sizable motivational boost (and makes me loquacious). I appreciate it!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:18 pm 

wow! that's crazy! You are a machine WildB, its seems like a lot of work! you guys have some killer time-management and multitasking skills having to juggle all these projects. I always love reading about your guys progress its and how its all comming together, and I probably sound like a broken record always telling you how amazing its looks, but I really cant say it enough... you guys are really something else. anyways I'll shut up now hehe... you guys kick ass and I'll always keep rooting for you all! Great work everyone!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:45 pm 

Thanks, we really appreciate all the cheers and support.
Without that, it would not be easy to stay motivated and sharp to do all the juggling needed
for the projects.
Keep your eyes open for further developments.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:02 pm 

the DD team on this forum is awsome and doing a fantastic job bringing updates when we need them so to all of the team your doing a wonderful job keeping things running good for us fans:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next