Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next
Post subject: Re: BH Dialogue Translation Progress
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:44 pm 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
So you can basically exchange party members whenever you like?
It's organized into a group of four initially in which you pick the order, but I believe you must finish one complete scenario before beginning another. When one of the four or all of the four (I'm not sure which) are finished with their scenarios, you unlock four more analogous characters for a total of eight. You must do/finish all eight scenarios and visit three entire worlds (like Lennus-II) to beat/finish the game. BH is HUUUUUGGGEEE!!

As I said, you fellows work out the names. Just don't forget to respect Ritchie's work and input. Shoot, the way you're headed, we'll make BH Taskforce's favorite Enix game and hook him on Enix forever! Maybe BH, Slayers and Chaos Seed will be our best releases ever (joint or otherwise)!!

Just let us not distract Bongo` from CS until Drakee has what he needs to put that puppy into Alpha.

Ah, Drakee, don't forget we need to announce on Little Masters III, possibly as a joint project with Dackr. I think we can get Dackr back on the team of a game he has almost finished and deserves most of the credit for. Dackr just needs to be surrounded by dedicated folks who will persevere and cling like bulldogs to the job at hand. (Hmm... sounds like D-D and MMR...)

TF, after you get those vintage wheels spinning down I-40 and 35 again, we need an in-work project listing and page for LM-III. It's about 80 or 90% done, team!

I'm cramming a lot of jump-around stuff into this post because I'm packing for New Haven, Connecticut.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:50 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Red Soul wrote:
It's organized into a group of four initially in which you pick the order, but I believe you must finish one complete scenario before beginning another. When one of the four or all of the four (I'm not sure which) are finished with their scenarios, you unlock four more analogous characters for a total of eight. You must do/finish all eight scenarios and visit three entire worlds (like Lennus-II) to beat/finish the game. BH is HUUUUUGGGEEE!!.

You can start a new scenario and save under a different save state (game .srm or emulator save states) and play multiple scenarios kind of like in Rudra no Hihou. But to unlock the four hidden characters, you have to complete the scenarios. Ryuu unlocks Rouga and so on. You get the true ending after beating all eight scenarios. This is indeed one long and very fun game!

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:56 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Red Soul wrote:

You can exchange them any time you want, but only in town (by talking to them). Serveral characters appear in each town. Note: Not all the characters appear in a town. They're scattered between towns so you may have to search through multiple towns to find the one you want to join your party. You can find most if not all of them in the first and second town though so it's not really a problem getting all the ones you want in the beginning of the game.
ultpaladin wrote:
Thanks for pasting in the portraits of the characters Recca, can all those characters join the team?

Yes. Ryuu, Raira, Gaou and Naga are the main characters of their respective scenarios. Furoozu is also an important character which joins Gaou at the start of the story and can't leave (he's girlfriend?). She adds to the story and appears in cutscenes like Gaou. The other characters can join you in town by talking to them and choosing "Yes" for them to join your party.

Ah, we've also agreed to change "Baabara" to "Barbara" as it seems that's what they meant in game. I forgot to mention her in my post above.
After you guys decide upon the names, if you have time, Recca, it would help me a lot if you would search all ten text files translated thus far and fix all of the names. Later, when Ritchie sends us his work on the Misc files, we will need to cross check between those and the text files. We always spend a good deal of time trying to de-conflict between naming conventions in the Text and Misc files. If we can get ahead of the power curve on this now, our jobs will be much easier when we go to beta.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:10 am 
Site Admin

Sure thing. I think we've agreed upon the names. I personally agree with taskforce's suggestions. List:

Ryuu -> Ryuu
Rouga -> Rouga
Raira -> Laila
Chokora -> Chokora
Mebiusu -> Mebius
Gaou -> Gaou
Naga -> Naga
Chen -> Chen (We could go with Shen as it sounds similar, but I think Chen would be a bit better.)

Ekurea -> Ekurea
Furoozu -> Furoozu
Desuwaizu -> Deathwise
Uado -> Uado
Dan -> Dan
Baabara -> Barbara
Riiza -> Risa
Airisu -> Alice (Or Arisu, we should look at her sprite before deciding.)
Setetsua -> Setetsua
Rokku -> Rokku
Raikasu -> Raikasu
Kiddo -> Kiddo
Gucchi -> Gucchi

Before this actually gets approved, I would like to hear taskforce's opinion and everyone else's before getting the okay for these names.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:31 am 

Hopefully each scenario is long enough and sensibly connected
(in my experience multiple scenario games tend to suffer from shortcomings in these areas).
The sprite sheet Recca showed got me hooked already and I'm getting fired up to
tackle this baby. Heck, I can't wait for the next project, Chaos Seed looks
so interesting and whatever little I played of Hourai got me laughing
from the very begining.
I'll take whatever comes up heartly, yup yup!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:00 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, that list is good, though I'd prefer that Arisu be the first choice and Alice be the fallback if appropriate.

We could even work in a small spill and/or humorous skit about how Arisu usually means Alice if we could find an out of the way spot of text to do so :) A little Japanese knowledge never hurt anyone.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:07 am 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
Hopefully each scenario is long enough and sensibly connected
(in my experience multiple scenario games tend to suffer from shortcomings in these areas).
The sprite sheet Recca showed got me hooked already and I'm getting fired up to
tackle this baby. Heck, I can't wait for the next project, Chaos Seed looks
so interesting and whatever little I played of Hourai got me laughing
from the very begining.
I'll take whatever comes up heartly, yup yup!
Here's a bit more data. I understand that the analogous four that need to be unlocked are "around" or nearby their counterparts, possibly even hooked up with them in some way or another. Or, the second four may be more like NPCs until they're unlocked. The analogous people may even be in conflict with each other because much ambiguity exists concerning their overall woes. In the end game, I have read that everyone comes to realize they are seeking a common enemy who is the root cause of their problems. We have yet to learn many details, but I don't expect this game to disappoint. Maybe it will even thrill us on the level of the intrigue we enjoyed in Feda. For these reasons, I see things maybe better connected than in previous multi-hero games. Enix did DQ-IV with multiple character chapters, and it worked, so I have faith in BH.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:08 am 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
Yeah, that list is good, though I'd prefer that Arisu be the first choice and Alice be the fallback if appropriate.

We could even work in a small spill and/or humorous skit about how Arisu usually means Alice if we could find an out of the way spot of text to do so :) A little Japanese knowledge never hurt anyone.

Agreed, I too prefer Arisu more than Alice. Working in a joke about that in game sounds like a pretty funny idea. Well, if no one objects, I say we have ourselves the official list of names to use in game.

Edit: Yes, I too feel that BH's eight scenarios will connect nicely to give us a complete look at the story. However, the eight characters don't band together at the end (unlike in Rudra no Hihou where the four heroes join at the last stage of the game. This is understandable considering that you can only have five characters in your party.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:14 am 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
taskforce wrote:

Agreed, I too prefer Arisu more than Alice. Working in a joke about that in game sounds like a pretty funny idea. Well, if no one objects, I say we have ourselves the official list of names to use in game.
Then, once you hear from Filler, Draken, and Bongo`, fix the files you have and be prepared to dog the untranslated files as Ritchie send them down the pike.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:51 am 
Site Admin

I've finished inserting Ritchie's corrections into text blocks 000-003 and I've sent them to you and Bongo`. I'm ready to start with the name corrections to the misc and text files once you give me the green light. They're Recca and taskforce approved! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next