Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next
Post subject: Re: BH Dialogue Translation Progress
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

Actually, I agree 100% with what taskforce wrote. I also prefer the original Japanese names. I vote for taskforce's suggestions. If everyone agrees, I say we should go with that. By the way, perhaps it would be useful if I take some screen shots of every character, translate their names literally in Romaji and post a pic here so we can all see what they look like. Like taskforce said, so we can see if they have an Eastern or Western flair. It should take me no less than a day or two.

<Spoiler>

By the way, Desuwaizu is the last boss of the game who is obviously evil. I think Deathwise sounds good. He's called this across the web. Even in the song of those ripped snes music that I found; "Battle with Deathwise". The music in this game is awesome!

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:48 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Actually, I agree 100% with what taskforce wrote. I also prefer the original Japanese names. I vote for taskforce's suggestions. If everyone agrees, I say we should go with that. By the way, perhaps it would be useful if I take some screen shots of every character, translate their names literally in Romaji and post a pic here so we can all see what they look like. Like taskforce said, so we can see if they have an Eastern or Western flair. It should take me no less than a day or two.

<Spoiler>

By the way, Desuwaizu is the last boss of the game who is obviously evil. I think Deathwise sounds good. He's called this across the web. Even in the song of those ripped snes music that I found; "Battle with Deathwise". By the way, the music in this game is awesome!

Then I absolutely agree, Deathwise is a perfect choice. Pictures of each character would help. I'm all for the Japanese wording unless its a character that screams otherwise in looks :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

You know, I really need to get around to editing those emoticons so that they blend better with our blue backgrounds.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:11 pm 
Site Admin

I'm finished. See image below. I didn't add Rouga, Mebius, Shen or Chokora. Unlocking them means beating each of the initial four character's scenarios. Playing through the game four times is a bit too much just for the sake of getting their character sprite. Besides, we've already pretty much decided on their names. If anyone could post them, that would be great.

Attachment:
BH - Characters.PNG
BH - Characters.PNG [ 25.52 KiB | Viewed 9479 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:57 pm 

Ahh what lovely sprites *sparkly eyed*

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
I'm finished. See image below. I didn't add Rouga, Mebius, Shen or Chokora. Unlocking them means beating each of the initial four character's scenarios. Playing through the game four times is a bit too much just for the sake of getting their character sprite. Besides, we've already pretty much decided on their names. If anyone could post them, that would be great.

Attachment:
BH - Characters.PNG

What about Arisu? Don't see her there.

Risa could definitely go either way. She kind of looks like a typical Japanese representation of a baker to me. Plus, she has dark hair and seems short. For that reason, I think I'd go with Risa. (Hopes nobody takes offense that he just stereotyped the Japanese populous)

As for Raira, Laila definitely looks appropriate. Looks like a little blue haired spitfire. Definitely has a bit of a western look to her. That is UNLESS she is a ninja style character. Then and only then, it might be a tossup. I'd still lean towards Laila though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:17 pm 
Site Admin

Oh crap, I completely forgot about Airisu... But if I remember correctly, I believe she was an important character like Furoozu who joins your party at the beginning of the game and can't leave. Unlike the characters who join you in town and can be replaced with another at any time. If anyone has a picture, that would be useful. Otherwise, I'll have to track her down in game. Might take awhile though...

By the way, a tip for the when the translation gets released. I don't really recommend replacing characters too much in this game. The replacements start at level 1 which really sucks. If you want to replace a character, only do so near the beginning of the game. Say the character you want doesn't start in the initial town, you can get them in the second town. Note: Characters join you for free.

I agree about using "Risa" and "Laila". "Mebius" also sounds good. The other characters could just be left as they are in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:36 pm 

So you can basically exchange party members whenever you like?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:30 pm 

Thanks for pasting in the portraits of the characters Recca, can all those characters join the team?

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:41 pm 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
So you can basically exchange party members whenever you like?

You can exchange them any time you want, but only in town (by talking to them). Serveral characters appear in each town. Note: Not all the characters appear in a town. They're scattered between towns so you may have to search through multiple towns to find the one you want to join your party. You can find most if not all of them in the first and second town though so it's not really a problem getting all the ones you want in the beginning of the game.
ultpaladin wrote:
Thanks for pasting in the portraits of the characters Recca, can all those characters join the team?

Yes. Ryuu, Raira, Gaou and Naga are the main characters of their respective scenarios. Furoozu is also an important character which joins Gaou at the start of the story and can't leave (he's girlfriend?). She adds to the story and appears in cutscenes like Gaou. The other characters can join you in town by talking to them and choosing "Yes" for them to join your party.

Ah, we've also agreed to change "Baabara" to "Barbara" as it seems that's what they meant in game. I forgot to mention her in my post above.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next