Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Inventory Transfer?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:46 pm 

I'm guessing there is a final chapter after you finish the stories of the first 8 characters. I was wondering if there was any inventory transfers and if I should be making an effort to get rare enemy drops so I can take them to the end.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

Post subject: Re: Inventory Transfer?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:48 am 
Site Admin

Well...

Spoiler! :
Sorry to tell you, but there isn't an extra scenario after you complete all eight :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:41 am 

I never would have thought that :oops: Well I guess with 8 character stories, the game is plenty long already. I'm keeping separate folders of saves for each character just to get an idea of the best equipment each character can have.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:12 pm 

Its the exact same thing I did during testing, separating saves by protagonist and chapter, with further subdivisions based on events.
Spoiler! :
A last chapter would be great to wrap things up, but alas, you have to do that in your head, so to speak; at least it all makes sense if you play through using the game's own unlocking order.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:15 pm 

Hello everyone :)

Man, I've been out of it for quite some time....

Too bad about the "no final chapter" bit though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:40 pm 

Its up to the player to wrap things up in their head after experiencing all the fragments of the overreaching plot, its part of the whole multi-scenario game experience (although its true that Treasure Of The Rudras has a an extra formal chapter for the sake of closure if memory serves).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:43 pm 

Who knows, maybe some day in the distant future, someone will make a fan mod that creates a sequel of sorts about what happens after all these chapters are finished.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:04 am 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
Who knows, maybe some day in the distant future, someone will make a fan mod that creates a sequel of sorts about what happens after all these chapters are finished.

That might be interesting, but I doubt it will be done as this game isn't very well known in the gaming community as say, Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana. And there's also one more reason why:

Spoiler! :
Because, nothing really happens after the scenarios are complete. Deathwise (the last boss) is destoryed, along with the space continent and the Earth is safe. The character you play as is the one that defeats Deathwise, which is why the eight characters don't band together near the end of the game as they did in Rudra no Hihou. Only one of them (along with their party) get to the space continent. So in a way, each of the eight scenarios is an alternate story of who is successful throughout their entire quest and defeats Deathwise in the end. Personally, I like to think that Ryuu does since he's my favorite character of the eight. And he also looks the most as a typical RPG hero would.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:03 am 

Just finished Rouga's scenario (I've finished the initial four just before I posted my previous post on here) and let me tell you for the most part.... "I HATED ADAM!". Going into Rouga's scenario with what I've "experienced" with Ryuu's story my initial feelings towards him escalated...

Spoiler! :
After finding out that Ryuu & Rouga were step-brothers.

... from being pissed at him to total hate because of how he acts in both scenarios. But at the very end of Rouga's scenario Adam did something out of character that not only shocked me but made me realize he too was human & can have a change of heart, or not because we do not know what happens after the scenario ends.

DEIT: Addendum:

I know it may not be so but I consider Rouga's scenario's ending as "the better" Ending between Ryuu & Rouga's story arc.