Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Burning Heroes Manual Pages 18-21 Spot Translation Request
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

People are raising questions concerning the intricacies of the Passion Meter and Battle Formations. Some of these answers might be clearly stated in the Japanese game manual. A translation of some of the information on the following four pages could be useful to many players.

Many thanks!

Page 18 - The Passion Meter: the very bottom right section relating to the graphic that reads "47%"
Page 19 - Everything relating to Battle Formations (the whole page might be helpful).
Page 20 - Everything relating to Battle Formations (the whole page might be helpful but especially that section at the very bottom).
Page 21 - Everything relating to Battle Formations (just the very top part down to where Status Ailments begin).

Post subject: Re: Burning Heroes Manual Pages 18-21 Spot Translation Reque
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:40 pm 

okay, i made some kind of summary of those pages

Formations variety
There are Attack types, Defence types, Hit types, Magic types in sum of 136 formations
1) Standing in formations may change on lvlups.
2) First row does all-out attack.
3) Middle and Last row can do Jump attacks.
4) AI does his best to attack, magic attack, restorative magic cast and support magic cast depending on situation. Usually does what his job is.
5) If there are many enemies select with cursor most-wanted enemy.

Short review of formation
1. There are many formations that you can learn (find them yourself).
2. Dragon breath in manual is D type.
3. Ryuu:
3.1. – Ryuu Form Ryuu have dash attack
3.2. A Ryuu’s Guts two in front have their attack power up, last row have magic up
3.3. D Dragon Breath defence up, 2 in back row have their magic up (probably middle row, not last one)
4. There is also description about 3 formation of lila, gaou and naga i still haven’t played them but they all have something in common like in Gaou M formation party becomes weak to attacks but strong against magic.
5. A-attack up formation, D-defence up formation, H-accuracy up formation, M-magic type formation, - -balanced formation

You gain formations by level up of main hero or gaining books from chests.

Statuses:
poison – get damage after each turn. Healing with poison medicine or heal poison magic.
paralysis – can’t attack but can use magic.Healing with paralysis medicine or heal paralyze magic.
silence – can’t use magic. Can’t be healed until battle finished.
petrification – seals ALL actions. Healing with stone medicine or Heal stone magic.
sleep – same as petrification. Can’t be healed by anything and will go away eventually.

P.S. Thanks for those pages by the way. It is bad that it still unknown why sometime mages and archers are in first row in some formations and there is no way to move them away.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:31 am 
Site Admin

Serafimy wrote:
P.S. Thanks for those pages by the way. It is bad that it still unknown why sometime mages and archers are in first row in some formations and there is no way to move them away.
Oh, and thank you so much for summarizing them! You've told me information I never knew by just playing the game.

BTW, the entire manual is here: http://www.dynamic-designs.us/burningheroes/Burning_Heroes_Manual.zip

The entire game guide is here: http://www.dynamic-designs.us/burningheroes/Burning_Heroes_Guide_Book.zip

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:53 pm 

The guidebook looks pretty cool- too bad it's completely useless to most of us. Fortunately Ritchie's gamefaqs faq is good. Is Ritchie Japanese? I've seen many of his faqs for obscure japanese games and I've just been curious for a long time. Then I find out that he works on these translations as well. I'm assuming it's the same Ritchie.

It's impressive that he dedicates himself to writing all these faqs when it's apparent that he understands the games himself and is only doing this to help others.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:33 pm 
Site Admin

btkirb wrote:
The guidebook looks pretty cool- too bad it's completely useless to most of us. Fortunately Ritchie's gamefaqs faq is good. Is Ritchie Japanese? I've seen many of his faqs for obscure japanese games and I've just been curious for a long time. Then I find out that he works on these translations as well. I'm assuming it's the same Ritchie.

It's impressive that he dedicates himself to writing all these faqs when it's apparent that he understands the games himself and is only doing this to help others.
Yep, just one Ritchie. I don't believe he's Japanese; he's not a native-fluent speaker, but Ritchie is one darn fine RPG translator. I do know he's driven to do what he does - just as many of us are.