Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Post subject: Re: Burning Heroes post release feedback
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:34 am 

Its great that you've been enjoying the game, sidsayian, makes all of us in the team quite content.
Keep us posted on how you progress and feel free to shoot any questions you may have our way.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:13 am 

ok will do:)

sidsayian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:52 pm 

Just finished Ryuu's story, this game was truly awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:10 am 

I am sad. I couldn't get into this game (no fault of you wonderful translators however). This might be because life has been hectic with the move, new job and..girls and stuff. But I do WANT to get back into this! It just seems like scenario 2 was a rehash of the first chapter. I kind of got bored visiting all the same places and I hope this is not the case for the next three main characters, where each unlock-able just goes to the same locations as the main, as seems to be the case with the new character unlocked after beating Ryuus scenario. If that makes sense.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:06 am 

Its true that there is a bit of recycling regarding locales and such, but you have to remember that the basic idea of the game
is that the scenarios are meant to converge to a single point of resolution despite the peculiarities pertinent to each given hero.
The game happens in the so called Burning Continent, each chapter in specific regions of said continent.

I'm not trying to justify the game's inherent limitations, perceived or real, but its just how I see it.
The game is long and takes some time for things to start making sense so I believe you'll enjoy it
more throughly when you can just kick back and play it at your own pace.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:41 pm 

Hey fellas I'm sorry for being out of the loop for several months :(

To make up for it, here are a few screenshots I've took of several scripts that sound, err read a bit off:

Spoiler! :
This one's from Laila's story right after that guy in floating pathways gets in the Earth Phantom's way & Laila witnesses the slaughter.

This one's from the bartender who informs you (As Gaou) who Emes is.

"Poke", didn't he mean "pack"?

Did Gigi mean "dead" as in dead people or more specifically The original Naga & everyone else invovled with stopping System D? Or did he mean "Death" as in Deathwise?

This one just got me confused but as Lord Hald says in the next block of text, this confusing statement was just Naga making a snark remark.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:36 pm 

1) We`ll check this one, thanks, I`d say though that the rest of the context needs to be taken into account... its been a while so it may take me some time to process your input.

2) That one really slipped us, thanks for the find.

3) I had noticed this one, however poke is actually a dictionarized slang form for pocket (hence Pokemon; to further support that, the japanese title is Pocket Monsters, without any contraction).

4) Since "The dead" isn`t in capitals its highly unlikely this is refering to Deathwise.

5) Yes, in this context the title`s excessive usage does not denote respect - quite the opposite.

Thanks for your input, its good to have you around regularly once more. Be quite certain your finds will be processed and things should be kicked in high gear soon enough.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:27 am 

DoubleDvideogames wrote:
I am sad. I couldn't get into this game (no fault of you wonderful translators however). This might be because life has been hectic with the move, new job and..girls and stuff. But I do WANT to get back into this! It just seems like scenario 2 was a rehash of the first chapter. I kind of got bored visiting all the same places and I hope this is not the case for the next three main characters, where each unlock-able just goes to the same locations as the main, as seems to be the case with the new character unlocked after beating Ryuus scenario. If that makes sense.

I know how you feel :(

To be honest this game is a bit tedious & repetitive because of the points you mentioned, most notable of which is the fact that you always pass through the same sets of events in almost all the scenarios with the only noticeable difference is the routes that Ryuu & Rouga and Lila and Shen's stories take with what Gaou & Chocolate and Naga & Mevius's stories take as well as dialogue & minor scenario related instances.

Dare I say the game is kind of not fun in that aspect & it can get boring fast. But thankfully the inter-twining story arcs makes the game an interesting game to actually sit through and play. With this in mind I must say the best way to enjoy "Burning Heroes" is to not play through it in one sitting, that is try finishing one scenario (or better yet a pair that go together, example Ryuu & Rouga's scenarios) at a time & then leave (dare I say, forget about it?) and do/play something else then come back after a few days or even weeks if you have to. This way when you do come back you've already exhausted the boredom you've felt from finishing similar scenarios :) Another tip that will probably raise eyebrows I can give is use cheats, max out your team's levels & use the "no random encounter" cheat to breeze through the tedious & boring battles so you can focus more on the story which is the more important thing in my opinion :)

Oh & my presumption may be wrong but I think the real "Burning Heroes" in this game are those fellows you get to add to your entourage. Sure they're not the ones whose life stories are focused on in the game, but they're the ones who are always there up to the very end :D

RFE: Addendum:

@Red Soul:

I never expected a Pokemon reference coming out of that whole deal with the word "Poke" ROFL!

You may be right that the word "Poke" which in this case is read/pronounced as "Poh-kee" as opposed to its usual "Powk" pronunciation has been brought on by the whole "Pokemon" craze/phenomenon, but for the most part or rather from the stand point of those who are clueless about Pokemon, the intended use of the word "Poke" in this regard may not be so clear. I do get your point but in a different approach, let me explain... Because of how everyone in the game describes Gauo's personality &/or attitude I picture him as one of those so called ruffians who label themselves as "Thugz" or "gangstas" so in the back of my head I just kept telling myself that "Poke" might just be Gangsta slang just like with "hood", "crib", "boys" etcetera. . Boy did you screw me over when you said it was because of Pokemon LOL!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:57 pm 

But that's exactly what I've been saying ^.^'' I was just trying to explain that poke is a slang form of pocket, and gave pokemon as an example of that usage.
You're right in saying Gaou use "poke" out of his speech patterns though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:42 am 

I enjoyed the writing of this project a lot, the story is really something the game shines in.
I eventually stopped after 3 scenarios though, because playing the same dungeons and fighting the same villains again and again was way too repetive. It's a shame, I would really like to know all the stories of the game but this proofes that a good story alone can't create a enjoyable game.
My feedback for the hacking, translation and writing is very positive, but the game itself... well ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next