Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Post subject: Re: Burning Heroes post release feedback
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:27 am 

DoubleDvideogames wrote:
This is absolutely awesome news! So cool! I have not been paying attention to this project as much as some of your other projects but am excited none the less and sensed this was coming since your last release!

I just started, just played 15 minutes so far to get a feel for the game and battles. Now it is time to reflect on my first impressions, as I always do with games. Seems like I've been set up with an epic!

One question: Are the rest of the four characters AI controlled or can I manually input functions for them? That (would be) a minor draw back for me in regards to playing the game, but I did beat Magna Braban so I guess this should not be a problem as I highly doubt anything else could compare in regards to feelings of helplessness, (Magna Braban). I just like to have control, aha and that was the main drawback of Emereld Dragon and to a lesser extent Silva Saga (mercenaries/idols).

Anyway, AWESOME AWESOME, your fan base is growing by the day I am sure (see my screen name pays homage to you)!

I have a feeling Princess Minivera is next..hmmmm...Just a hunch.

Thanks for the enthusiastic feedback, DoubleDvideogames, we are very happy
about releasing this great game's patch for everyone to enjoy.

We did realize your username is a homage to our efforts; thank you, its very
touching and inspiring that you enjoy our releases so greatly.
Our work is ultimately one of love - we believe many people out there,
like you, also love classic RPGs that deserve to be played.

Now, to answer your question, you cannot exert individual control over your
team mates, but they will respond according to the formations you set.
Keep in mind that for this reason, the leader is undoubtely the most important
component of your party: without him/her there's no way to issue commands like
magic, item or guard, if required.

Despite that, the AI, is often smart enough to heal when it sees the need to,
provided MP is avaliable for that (due to being a good fighting asset and a very
good healer, I suggest you add master Lisa to all your fighting parties).

As for your hunch my friend, we'll see if you are a good seer or not soon enough,
haha! stay tuned.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:29 am 

ultpaladin wrote:
Congratulations on finishing this. Out of all the SNES RPGs left untranslated, this was probably the one I wanted to see the most. I still have to finish Silva Saga 2 first so it might be a few weeks before I really start playing. I was actually kind of surprised to see such 2 big releases next to each other.

We're not magicians, but sometimes we manage to get more than just one rabbit out of the top hat, haha.
I'm certain you'll enjoy the game very much, Ultpaladin.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:35 am 

CRV10 wrote:
Yes! :D

Another great gem to play with :)

You guys are simply amazing!

Anyhoo....

Spoiler! :
What benefit &/or effect (if there are any) does changing your party's formation have in battle? I'm asking this because this formation feature reminds me so much of Romancing SaGa 3 in that in RS3 your formation adds certain bonuses to your party's abilities in battle where if you choose a certain formation you'd get bonuses like better defense, faster movement or the member in between a cross shaped formation will never be selected by enemies in an attack.

Also, what is this "PM" stat for?

When choosing formations, take note of the letter (uppercase) to the left of the name.
That initial hints at what the formation will enhance the most:

" - " is a formation without any particular focus, "A" formations are offensive, "D" are defensive, "M" are magically oriented and "H"
focuses on boosting the main character, at least that's my assumption with the last case.

PM stands for "Passion Meter". It increases in amount according to the damage your main character takes.
At 100% you are able to unleash the main character's fighting spirit in the form of a destructive dragon shaped
attack that hits all target for very high damage; the intensity of the attack reflects the level of the protagonist,
all the way up to a whooping 999 damage.
Think of it as a precursor to the limit break system introduced in Final Fantasy 7.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:03 am 

Red Soul wrote:
When choosing formations, take note of the letter (uppercase) to the left of the name.

" - " is a formation without any particular focus, "A" formations are offensive, "D" are defensive, "M" are magically oriented and "H"
focuses on boosting the main character, at least that's my assumption with the last case.

PM stands for "Passion Meter". It increases in amount according to the damage your main character takes.
At 100% you are able to unleash the main character's fighting spirit in the form of a destructive dragon shaped
attack that hits all target for very high damage; the intensity of the attack reflects the level of the protagonist,
Think of it as a precursor to the limit break system introduced in Final Fantasy 7.

Spoiler! :
Oh! So that's what that robed guy over at the port leading to Star Relic was talking about :) What a neat little feature, way ahead of its time :)

And thanks for the valuable note regarding the formations system :)

Say, remember back on the Silva Saga II Discussion section when "swordmaster" brought up the issue regarding run on sentences? Well, here's one I just found...

Spoiler! :
Now this one's a real mess :mrgreen:

Oh & because this game introduces playing with multiple character parties, not only does it remind me of Romancing SaGa (as well as SaGa Frontier for that matter :) ), it also reminds me of "Treasures of the Rudras" & "Liva A Live!". And the AI controlled team mates (that I absolutely love by the way) also reminds me of Star Ocean :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:32 am 

CRV10 wrote:
Red Soul wrote:

Spoiler! :
Oh! So that's what that robed guy over at the port leading to Star Relic was talking about :) What a neat little feature, way ahead of its time :)

And thanks for the valuable note regarding the formations system :)

Say, remember back on the Silva Saga II Discussion section when "swordmaster" brought up the issue regarding run on sentences? Well, here's one I just found...

Spoiler! :

Oh & because this game introduces playing with multiple character parties, not only does it remind me of Romancing SaGa (as well as SaGa Frontier for that matter :) ), it also reminds me of "Treasures of the Rudras" & "Liva A Live!". And the AI controlled team mates (that I absolutely love by the way) also reminds me of Star Ocean :)

Heh perhaps we ought to "dashfy" that one, in time.
Indeed Romancing SaGa has always piqued my interest; its really a pity
that work on it has seemingly waned into obscurity.

I too tend to draw comparisons between TOR and BH, although the multiple
scenario setup is pretty much where the similarities end, both in the sense
of gameplay and plot direction.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:54 pm 

Simply amazing!! i've been looking forward to this game with great anticipation for quite sometime! Usually come here once a day to check up on the progress, and for some reason yesterday i forgot to stop in... ha, go figure. So far I'm at the second chapter of Ryuu, and I'm loving this game. Great job on this one, it really is something special.Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all the great work you people do!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

CRV10 wrote:

Spoiler! :

The Chicago Manual of Style, a bible of sorts for writers in this country, is a thick tome filled with pages upon pages that discuss comma and other rules. Generally, I prefer to avail myself to what is referred as the "liberal comma rule". Loosely, this means that an author may use commas to manipulate the flow of words as he intends it to sound in an oral recitation.

Dashes could have been used on the first phrase, but the CPL would have run over. With no [CLRS] code available in this game, to keep the flow consistent, the whole sentence (one screen with four lines) would have required rewriting into the form of a double quatrain (two screens with eight lines total, separated by a [keyp] code). In this scene, however, "more" might have delivered "less" impact
Spoiler! :
in Killy's dying statement.

Also consider also the differences in dialogue and narrative. Narrative requires rules of grammar, and dialogue reads as people actually speak.

Finally, imagine someone uttering a poignant life statement in a dingy cave
Spoiler! :
as he lays dying.
Would he blurt it out robotic-style or speak haltingly with a raspy voice? Without the stubborn author's comma that overrides the fussy grammarian's regulation, expression may be lost.

When Draken is not the final arbiter of commas, realizing I am constrained by an electronic space prison, I occasionally invoke the style guide's liberal guidelines liberally, hee-hee...!

The following Q&A example from The Chicago Manual of Style Online pertains:

Q. An author of an article I am copyediting asked me to restore the commas I had deleted in the following sentence: “Most of my nightmares are a process of working out a deeper objectivity about, and unity with, what God would have me do.” I do not mind the two commas in this sentence, although I prefer it without. However, I know the proofreader will object. Can you refer me to a rule I can cite to get either the author or the proofreader to back down?

A. Yes. When commas are optional and the author wants them in, even after the copy editor has suggested taking them out, the copy editor should leave them in. The proofreader doesn’t get to decide. Simply write “stet commas, per author” in the margin.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:23 pm 

Looks like I owe some folks some brownies. Unfortunately, I'm not made of money and shipping to everyone in the credits list would completely break the bank. But would it be fair to say that the biggest three contributors would be Ritchie, Wildbill, and Bongo`? I can certainly afford to ship to three people.

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:29 pm 
Site Admin

Gideon Zhi wrote:
Looks like I owe some folks some brownies. Unfortunately, I'm not made of money and shipping to everyone in the credits list would completely break the bank. But would it be fair to say that the biggest three contributors would be Ritchie, Wildbill, and Bongo`? I can certainly afford to ship to three people.
Well, dang-it, I intentionally padded that team list with as many folks as I could muster, ya know?

Anyway, hee-hee, Draken, Red Soul, and Yuka are in South Korea, Brazil, and France, respectively, so logistically speaking... Yah, yah...

And Taskforce might have his package stolen off the front porch before he gets to the door.

So, Ritchie, if you're reading this, please provide GZ with an address for receiving your prize.

Without Bongo`, I would still be shuffling files around, so B-Man, you do the same as Ritchie.

Finally we have Recca... Now poor Recca, he's trying to scrape together some funds to latch onto a decent used XP machine because the Feda inserter won't work in Win7. I really do think Recca deserves a share of the booty - if for no other reason - to help keep from getting the hungries while he scrimping. So, Recca, I'm nominating you for my slice.

Thank you, Mr. GZ, for remembering!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:05 am 

Yay for brownies, I say.
Thanks GZ, we'll be sure to share 'em evenly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next