Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Post subject: Re: Burning Heroes Production and Storywriting Status
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:08 am 
Site Admin

sidsayian wrote:
hey wild bill nice progress review you put up so far i love how you guy translated till the point you got done so far so good work to you and the others who are working hard on the game:)
Hi, sidsayian! I saw your comment to Valis at our "Tube" site. We need to calm that man down! Valis did an outstanding LP of Lennus-II. Maybe while waiting for Burning Heroes, he'll do another LP of one of our three most recent releases. Heck, maybe he'll do all three, hee-hee...!

Hello, world... I just updated our Burning Heroes page under "Ongoing Projects". http://www.dynamic-designs.us/burningheroes.shtml
Our BH preview video is posted there now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:58 am 

ok sorry wildbill i just get exicted about these things i will calm down and wait ok:)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:13 pm 
Site Admin

Ta-daaa...! Burning Heroes production and translation is half finished. Our English working ROM has reached V0.51. This is based upon a total of 86 blocks (69 text and 17 misc) All 17 misc blocks and 27 text blocks are fully translated; 42 text blocks remain to be translated. This means I have caught up with inserting and polishing the five latest text blocks sent by Ritchie.

Four of the eight characters now play completely in English in the first three locations in World-II. The other four characters play up to their first location in World-II, not yet translated. The story promises new twists and turns in World-II. Six of the eight characters have left their homes in Mare Land for the first time, chasing various villains. One of them, Mevius, is returning to his home in Kaisanave Land, Trade City. The eighth, Naga, may originate from a small place in Kaisanave called Green Village. There's definitely a connection, but I'm not quite clear on this plot element yet.

I am enjoying this milestone today. Soon, I'll be eager to see the bugs fixed in the menus! It'll be nothing compared to Chaos Seed's menu fixes, however.

Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:32 am 
Site Admin

Whoa, those are some nice screen shots of the newest translated blocks! This is really coming along very nicely indeed! By the way, has the golden equipment error been fixed yet (the one which causes the text for the names to spill)?

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:38 am 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Whoa, those are some nice screen shots of the newest translated blocks! This is really coming along very nicely indeed! By the way, has the golden equipment error been fixed yet (the one which causes the text for the names to spill)?
I'm jumping around a little with different games right now and don't have a complete handle on this yet (Bongo` is very busy with other work), but the situation appears to be an extra space in the shops at the bottom of their inventories that is blank. I've hit various buttons, but nothing has crashed yet in Sword and Shield Towns.

I'm going to send you the V0.51 right away. Four of the chars play into those two towns that are translated: Mevius and Naga for sure, and I believe the other two are Chocolate and Gaou, but check it out for yourself. Anyway, let me know if the crash is gone now that the English is inserted.

Also, look at the item descriptions if you have time. New ones are appearing. Let me know if any need formatting. Red Soul is also doing some beta work. I wouldn't be surprised if Ritchie hits us again over the holidays!

Nothing much will happen to advance the game until we get Blocks to Rouge path, Levitation Road, Ash Fort, and possibly blocks that lead us to Sky Castle and Trade City. I can't wait to see Iris hit Trade City! Ritchie's work is fantastic!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

I got it, thanks! I've sent you a save state right outside of Trade City with Mevius so you can check out that cutscene. So far, there haven't been any points in the games that have caused it to free. But if I remember correctly, the game used to freeze when talking to some random NPC in Ruin Town and the other in some other town, whose name I can't remember right now... I have yet to play up to those towns using this newest version of the game/translation. I do, however, remember that I was playing with Ryuu, Laila and Naga back then when I first reported the game freezes. By the way, some of the menu descriptions have cut off text in the text boxes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:37 am 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
I got it, thanks! I've sent you a save state right outside of Trade City with Mevius so you can check out that cutscene. So far, there haven't been any points in the games that have caused it to free. But if I remember correctly, the game used to freeze when talking to some random NPC in Ruin Town and the other in some other town, whose name I can't remember right now... I have yet to play up to those towns using this newest version of the game/translation. I do, however, remember that I was playing with Ryuu, Laila and Naga back then when I first reported the game freezes. By the way, some of the menu descriptions have cut off text in the text boxes.
Super! You just made me un-caught-up again! Now, I'll need to polish the cut scene - and also, in case you didn't wander all the way through Trade City to the castle - Trade Castle is also in raw, barely formatted English (block 019). I just reviewed both in the actual game for the very first time, and now, I have polishing work inside Trade Castle, as well.

That leaves only two places in raw English that I haven't seen yet in the game. One is Green Village (Ryuu/Ryoga and Laila/Shen - four different save-states or spans in the English story to reach). The other is the Star Door (block 040) at the end of World-II, just before you enter World III with any of the eight characters (requiring eight different save-states or spans in the English story to reach - quite some distance for the latter bridge to that point). If you find or have any of those twelve save-states at these two destinations and/or times, you may view the raw inserted and barely formatted English, and I'll have even more polishing work to do if you send any of them over!

As a side note, it could turn out that all eight characters see the same exact strings at the Star Door (Block 040). If that's the case, I would need only one save-state for the Star Door strings at the end of World-II, not eight. Here is all of raw Block 040:

;--------------------------------;
; ;
; Script dump for Burning Heroes ;
; ;
;--------------------------------;

.PTRTABLE = $000B2D40 ; Pointer Count: 17
.TEXT-ADJ = $0022
.DTE = $1
.COMP = $1
.START = $000B2D62
.MAXIMUM = $000B2F4D

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 000B2D62
.REL-PTR = $000B2D40

; @@@@@¯‚Ì”à
.TEXT
Star Door
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 000B2D6D
.REL-PTR = $000B2D42

; u‚±‚ê‚́ccH
.TEXT
What is this place?
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 000B2D77
.REL-PTR = $000B2D44

; ƒJ[ƒlƒ‹
; u‰äX‚́w¯‚Ì”àx‚ð
; •Â‚¶‚邽‚ß‚É‚Ö‚ñ‚¹‚¢‚³‚ꂽ
; ’鍑ŒR‚Æ‚­‚ׂƒ`[ƒ€‚¾
.TEXT
Colonel: We're the
Imperial Army Special
Team organized to close
the Star Door.
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 000B2DA7
.REL-PTR = $000B2D46

; u‚Ç‚¤‚â‚Á‚½‚琯‚Ì”à‚ð
; •Â‚¶‚邱‚Æ‚ªH
.TEXT
How does someone go
about closing the Star
Door?
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 000B2DBF
.REL-PTR = $000B2D48

; ƒJ[ƒlƒ‹
; uƒAƒXƒgƒ‰ƒŠƒA‚Ì’†S‚É‚ ‚é
; w“V–‚‚Ì“ƒx‚¾I
.TEXT
Colonel: The Demon's
Tower is in the center of
Astralia!
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 000B2DE1
.REL-PTR = $000B2D4A

; u“V–‚‚Ì“ƒI?
.TEXT
The Demon's Tower!?
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 000B2DEB
.REL-PTR = $000B2D4C

; ƒJ[ƒlƒ‹
; u“V–‚‚Ì“ƒ‚É‚ ‚é
; ƒAƒ“ƒeƒi‚ð”j‰ó‚·‚ê‚Î
; ƒRƒYƒ~ƒIƒ“ƒpƒ[‚Ì—¬o‚Í
; ‚Ó‚¹‚°‚é‚Í‚¸‚¾cc‚ª
.TEXT
Colonel: You must try
to destroy the antenna
on top of the Demon's
Tower if you can.
This should stop the flow
of the cosmion power,
but... but......
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 000B2E24
.REL-PTR = $000B2D4E

; ucc‚ªI?
.TEXT
But what!?
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 000B2E2B
.REL-PTR = $000B2D50

; ƒJ[ƒlƒ‹
; uƒRƒYƒ~ƒIƒ“ƒpƒ[‚ªŽ~‚Ü‚ê‚Î
; ’n‹…‚ƃAƒXƒgƒ‰ƒŠƒA‚ð‚‚Ȃ®—Í‚ª
; ‚È‚­‚È‚é‚Ì‚àŽžŠÔ‚Ì‚à‚ñ‚¾‚¢‚¾
.TEXT
Colonel: When the cosmion
power is finally halted,
it's just a matter of
time before, uh... Well...
Listen, the cosmion power
is what keeps the world
connected to the floating
continent of Astralia!
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 000B2E64
.REL-PTR = $000B2D52

; •ºŽm
; u‘æ‚PŒRAƒtƒ@[ƒXƒgƒ^ƒEƒ“‚Ö
; o”­‚µ‚Ü‚·
.TEXT
Soldier: The First Army
departs to First town.
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 000B2E82
.REL-PTR = $000B2D54

; •ºŽm
; u‘æ‚QŒRAƒZƒJƒ“ƒhƒ^ƒEƒ“‚Ö
; o”­‚µ‚Ü‚·
.TEXT
Soldier: The Second Army
departs to Second Town.
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 000B2E9F
.REL-PTR = $000B2D56

; •ºŽm
; u‘æ‚RŒRAƒT[ƒhƒ^ƒEƒ“‚Ö
; o”­‚µ‚Ü‚·
.TEXT
Soldier: The Third Army
departs to Third town.
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 000B2EBB
.REL-PTR = $000B2D58

; •ºŽm
; u‘æ‚SŒRAƒtƒH[ƒXƒ^ƒEƒ“‚Ö
; o”­‚µ‚Ü‚·
.TEXT
Soldier: The Fourth Army
departs to Fourth town.
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 000B2ED8
.REL-PTR = $000B2D5A

; ƒJ[ƒlƒ‹
; uŒN‚½‚¿‚Ì‚±‚Æ‚Í
; î•ñ•”‚©‚ç•·‚«‚¨‚æ‚ñ‚Å‚¢‚é
; ¡‚̓lƒR‚ÌŽè‚àŽØ‚肽‚¢‚Æ‚±‚낾
; ‚¢‚Á‚µ‚å‚ɍs‚©‚È‚¢‚©‚ˁH
.TEXT
Colonel: The information
bureau told us all about
you people. I must admit
I'm impressed!
Listen...! We're up to
our eyeballs in trouble!
Right now, we can use all
the help we can get!
Won't you please join us?
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 000B2F19
.REL-PTR = $000B2D5C

; ƒJ[ƒlƒ‹
; u‚ł͏o”­‚¾I
.TEXT
Colonel: Well then,
we're burning daylight.
Let's get moving!
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 000B2F29
.REL-PTR = $000B2D5E

; u¯‚Ì”à‚ªcc
.TEXT
The Star Door is......
.ENDT

;----------------------;
; ;
;----------------------;
; ROM Offset: 000B2F35
.REL-PTR = $000B2D60

; u‚à‚¤c‚ ‚Ì‘å’n‚É‚Í
; ‚©‚¦‚ê‚È‚¢ccc
.TEXT
Oh, rats... We can't return
to our own world!!
.ENDT

The way we're doing this, final beta testing should be a snap!

As for those un-formatted item descriptions, those are simply un-automatic manual word-wrap drills, easily fixed if you'll send me save-states for each one you find. Just snap me a state at any location before you call up the menu, and tell me what item(s) need(s) to be fixed. From there, I can navigate straight to the menu and fix it/them. Man, I'd like to turn over the menu refinement chores in BH to Drakee to coordinate directly with Bongo`, as necessary, hee-hee... (hint, hint...) BH is progressing so nicely, we'll need our menu glitches fixed soon. Also, Aretha-II's menus are in fine shape already, so I don't want Bongo` to get bored for lack of menu work now that Drakee is on the verge of another huge CS announcement!

BTW, if you have or find save-states to any or all of the freeze points in World-II, I can insert filler (not to be confused with "Filler" with a capital "eff") English at those points and see if this resolves the issue(s). If not, I'm sure Bongo` can and will chase down these glitches in due time and make it all good, as always.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:48 am 

wonderful job on the story status guys you make everybody happy on how they come up too:)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:10 am 
Site Admin

Okay, I just sent you the .zst save state in Green Village with Shen. I'll probably get to the Star Door tomorrow.

Edit: Okay, I sent you the Star Door save state a little earlier today. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:13 pm 
Site Admin

Early Beta tester guidelines (Recca and Red Soul only at this time):

The way these translated files are flowing in and coming together in a quilt-like fashion, this is how I suggest you proceed.

View the effort as eight separate stories and games. Each time I insert a major update and increase the version number, play from where you left off with just those characters who have new territory unlocked in English at that point forward. That way, when we achieve 100% insertion, the final work for our expanded beta team should go very quickly.

Recca has one additional task, and that is to play ahead to freeze points without uniform English support. That way, once he sends me saves, we can determine if the freeze points are something I can fix without submitting a bugrept to Bongo`. So far, Recca and I have teamed up to solve 100% of the freeze points amongst ourselves. This game has been very stable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next