Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Is there a Proper ending OR 9th scenario?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:17 am 

First let me say, although it was a boring and repetitive game, GREAT translation. There were quite a few funny lines, especially in the last scenario, Mevius. However, I was shocked that, unlike live a live, there does not seem to be a final scenario to kind of tie everything together. I would have loved to pick 5 of those characters for one final, 9th scenario. Naga was for sure my favorite, what a tank! But it just ends after Mevius. Even the ending did not seem all that different from the first 7. Can someone let me know if I actually saw the final ending or not by giving a brief description in spoiler tags? I mean, there was maybe a little extra info, but do not recall it being all that different from the first seven characters. Thanks!

Again, great translation! That was the best part of this game!

Post subject: Re: Is there a Proper ending OR 9th scenario?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

DoubleDvideogames wrote:
First let me say, although it was a boring and repetitive game, GREAT translation. There were quite a few funny lines, especially in the last scenario, Mevius. However, I was shocked that, unlike live a live, there does not seem to be a final scenario to kind of tie everything together. I would have loved to pick 5 of those characters for one final, 9th scenario. Naga was for sure my favorite, what a tank! But it just ends after Mevius. Even the ending did not seem all that different from the first 7. Can someone let me know if I actually saw the final ending or not by giving a brief description in spoiler tags? I mean, there was maybe a little extra info, but do not recall it being all that different from the first seven characters. Thanks!

Again, great translation! That was the best part of this game!
No extra or bonus scenario - sorry! The exact repetitiveness in places was unavoidable because all eight shared many of the same immutable strings from several of the dialogue blocks.

If the coders had set it up like, say, Super Shell Monsters I and II, for example, not only would every fighter have unique lines from dedicated strings, a given fighter's remarks in a scene might change, based on the composition of other fighters in the battle party!

The only ending change I recall in Scenario 8 was one graphic that displays all of the fighters together. Again, sorry! We served up an English version of what we had to work with.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:15 pm 

Oh, I know it has nothing to do with you or DD, regarding how repetitive some parts of the game were, hope you did not think I was saying that. That stems more from the original Japanese version. I did not even really notice the repeat dialouge or really care. The repetitive nature for me, was more that you saw the same towns and dungeons, which again, stems more from the Japanese version. Some of those dungeons you see eight times, ugh... That was the part that was painful for me, seeing the same locations over and over again. No, the translation was the best part of that game. If given, for instance, a translation that was typical of its time..that would have been rough to play..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:58 pm 

The "real" and final ending is the end screen you unlock after beating every story. I took the picture when i finally beat the whole game.