Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post subject: Re: Script Translation Progress
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

Gideon Zhi wrote:
I have only one request for this: make sure ド~ル is translated as Doll, if he shows up in this one. For those not in the know, Doll is a recurring character in Aretha games. I'm making this one request so that the translation of his name stays in line with what I've got in Rejoice, which is an Aretha gaiden.

Also, I had no idea you were working on Galaxy Robo!

Hey, GZ. I may be mistaken but I remember seeing 'Doll' in one or more
of the name files. So I think he has been translated as such. :) I need to check that out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Well, the graphics of this game certainly look good. Especially the way the towns are designed, it reminds me a lot of Rudra no Hihou, I love that game! How does the battle system in this game work? Judging from the screen shot on the project page with the giant white rat, is it like Slayers or Hourai High? The team work here at D-D is quite exceptional and nice!

The battle system is pretty much turned base. I believe you can 4 sides of attackers. Left, Right, Back and front. You select the action ( Attack / spell / item etc... ) and go from there. Funny looking creatures in there to.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
Gideon Zhi wrote:
I have only one request for this: make sure ド~ル is translated as Doll, if he shows up in this one. For those not in the know, Doll is a recurring character in Aretha games. I'm making this one request so that the translation of his name stays in line with what I've got in Rejoice, which is an Aretha gaiden.

Hey, GZ. I may be mistaken but I remember seeing 'Doll' in one or more
of the name files. So I think he has been translated as such. :) I need to check that out.
How would anyone want to translate this? ドロ―ル We have it down as "Dorol" right now. Which game - you want to know? (National Enquirer wants to know!) Burning Heroes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:43 pm 

I'd probably translate it as "Droll" or "Drole." The ― indicates an elongated o vowel, which is likely where the emphasis is. ド can act like u-vowels in other arms of the syllabary since "tsu" is a special case, and given the emphasis on the second syllable, that is likely what's going on here. So first o vowel silent, second o vowel stressed.

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

Gideon Zhi wrote:
I'd probably translate it as "Droll" or "Drole." The ― indicates an elongated o vowel, which is likely where the emphasis is. ド can act like u-vowels in other arms of the syllabary since "tsu" is a special case, and given the emphasis on the second syllable, that is likely what's going on here. So first o vowel silent, second o vowel stressed.
Thanks! I'm still waiting for the li'l critter to pop up so I can eyeball its sprite. That sometimes lends evidence that helps break the quandary, but the BH bestiary has a ton of original creations due to its pervading phantom theme ( A sort of monster generator that fell from the sky along with Demon Jacko and was exploited by an evil doctor and his sociopathic, alcoholic daughter!). Among these, Mutant was the most obvious, and that should give you the picture.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:36 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Gideon Zhi wrote:
Thanks! I'm still waiting for the li'l critter to pop up so I can eyeball its sprite. That sometimes lends evidence that helps break the quandary, but the BH bestiary has a ton of original creations due to its pervading phantom theme ( A sort of monster generator that fell from the sky along with Demon Jacko and was exploited by an evil doctor and his sociopathic, alcoholic daughter!). Among these, Mutant was the most obvious, and that should give you the picture.

didn't i give you debugger access to this game?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:45 pm 
Site Admin

Gideon Zhi wrote:

I don't remember running across ド~ル in the script but I'll make sure that it's translated properly.

Gideon Zhi wrote:

Heh, I don't even remember how I ended up with that script. I think it was for one of the older systems like Famicom/FDS. It has that awful dakuten/handakuten as separate characters in the script issue. However I remember enjoying translating the items/enemies and the descriptions of the ships. I always liked this one: "Because it is a defensive spaceship with so many weapons that is an eyesore it's called a 'hedgehog'".

...Ok I just checked my old emails. I guess it was passed on to Eien ni Hen and it was being worked on for someone whose email was dannywhac. Sounds like the script was finished. I don't know about the project though. I can't find anything about it.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:02 am 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Gideon Zhi wrote:

Nope, but I'll try to get you an SNES9x save of one of those status icons soon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:41 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Bongo wrote:
Nope, but I'll try to get you an SNES9x save of one of those status icons soon.

BH's debugger is ok. It allows wall walk-throughs, map jumping, battle init / exit.
Battle Formation change. You can even start the game with a crew and Shen being the leader. :)
It does a few other things too but oh well. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:42 am 

I'm fairly certain that Galaxy Robo is an SNES game.

And while I'm here, from the sounds of translation progress, it seems the focus might have to be shifted based on recent news.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next